PDA

View Full Version : led lights on xm9s

letitsnow
03-20-2016, 05:20 PM
I' m ditching the stock rosewells and kickers. Replacing with exile sx65 and 4 xm9s.I put led lights behind the grills of the sx65 and look awesome! i've seen pics of the 9s with leds just wondering how with out seeing the wires.Is it possible? I do have stock speakers for sale in cabin and towers.

mmandley
03-21-2016, 06:27 PM
You might try PM Dusty on here as he recently did this.

ian ashton
03-21-2016, 08:42 PM
These are what I used, I think Dusty did the same.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131301529037

jmvotto
03-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Ian , did you and dusty drill through the color or the enclosure?

dusty2221
03-22-2016, 01:49 PM
For getting the light to the grill, I drilled thru the front lip of the speaker, just like the tweeter wire is done when you take the grill off, it goes straight into the pod. For the wire to come out of the pod, I drilled just offset and behind the part that slides into the tower clamp. The puck that slides into the tower clamp is slightly offset of center on the pod so it allowed for a space that was out of the way of the quick release bolt.

casmith71
03-24-2016, 12:42 PM
For getting the light to the grill, I drilled thru the front lip of the speaker, just like the tweeter wire is done when you take the grill off, it goes straight into the pod. For the wire to come out of the pod, I drilled just offset and behind the part that slides into the tower clamp. The puck that slides into the tower clamp is slightly offset of center on the pod so it allowed for a space that was out of the way of the quick release bolt.

got any pics of this?

dusty2221
03-24-2016, 12:54 PM
No but if you unscrew the grill from the speaker you will see where you can run drill a hole and take the wire into the pod. I highly suggest removing the speaker from the pod prior to doing any drilling. Once you've drilled the wire thru, figure out where you want it to come out on the top, drill that hole, wire the lights up, silicone the holes and reassemble!