PDA

View Full Version : To keep lsv...or buy mojo??? ahhhh!!!

Wesjxxx
03-16-2016, 03:54 PM
Hey guys....
ive had my 2003 moomba lsv for 3 yrs. Interior new last year and it runs perfect. As soon as i bought it i fixed every little thing on boat.
It has about 500hrs on it but is a well maintained ride. i added custom graphics as well. I love to wakeboard but my hull is a little shallow ans rough on bigger lakes with any roughness. My question is if its worth trading off my paid for good boat for a new beautiful bad ass boat lol......
I keep seeing new ones and love the bigger hull....not to mention my wife keeps saying she wants to learn to surf and i just dont wanna bog down
and put a lot of hard hrs on my 03

KG's Supra24
03-16-2016, 03:55 PM
I keep seeing new ones and love the bigger hull....not to mention my wife keeps saying she wants to learn to surf and i just dont wanna bog down

These are the biggest reasons I just signed paperwork on a new Mojo.

Good luck!

gregski
03-16-2016, 03:59 PM
The only question is: what's your budget?

I would think that you could sell that and get something comparable in the '06 and later LSV for not much more money which would wakeboard and surf quite nicely.

kaneboats
03-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Only you can decide whether this is the right move. You have to figure out the cost including purchase and trade in plus increases in insurance and fuel, perhaps your tow vehicle and storage spaces as well. Then you have to decide if it fits in your budget or would squeeze you too much. You should also consider who will use the boat and if you will be the party host every week or if others will contribute.

For me, I wanted a new dependable boat while the kids were still young enough to use it. Traded my almost paid for Outback on a new LSV a few years ago. I never regretted it because the best years were when all 6 kids could use the boat and 5 still go out with us all summer. Best decision I ever made.

Your current boat has value but if you aren't going to use it as much because it is not the right model for you and your wife anymore that is also a factor. Also, inboards hold their value pretty well so you can get out in a few years really only paying for your use-- you won't take that big of a hit, especially if prices continue to rise like they have in the last 5-6 years.

Good luck with your decision.

Wesjxxx
03-16-2016, 04:01 PM
http://s6.postimg.org/64o759ofh/moomba1.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/64o759ofh/)

pic with tower off...took out yesterday for first time just to run old gas out

well....i have great credit lol
truck paid off....boat paid off....house paid off

patrick232
03-16-2016, 05:09 PM
http://s6.postimg.org/64o759ofh/moomba1.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/64o759ofh/)

pic with tower off...took out yesterday for first time just to run old gas out

well....i have great credit lol
truck paid off....boat paid off....house paid off

Well the boat and truck might be paid off for now, I don't think the Toyota will pull the Mojo very far. The guy that bought my XLV showed up to tow it with the early 2000's 4Runner, almost had to go rent a truck to get it home.

One thing currently I keep hearing is rates are low for now, load up on the big ticket items and use cheap money. I say go for it, let the wife pick her colors for the new boat.

sivs1
03-16-2016, 05:58 PM
I was in that same situation, but from a 2006 LSV the move had to be perfect. Although I spent the morning ripping up the POW, I am itching to get out on the water with the SA450. Take your time and really determine why you want to upgrade and what you want out of it.

mmandley
03-16-2016, 07:10 PM
We had an 08 LSV and switched to the Mojo and I've never regretted it.

We mainly upgraded to have more room for our crew.

Boats are only getting more and more expensive all of your in a good place to upgrade, I would go for it.

Wesjxxx
03-16-2016, 09:39 PM
my other truck is a jacked up 2013 tundra crew max with tow package:)

Wesjxxx
03-16-2016, 09:42 PM
i want to stick with moomba....a mondo would work..even one a couple years old...i dont need luxury...just a good running dependable boat with plenty of ponies under the hatch

BamaMojo
03-17-2016, 02:13 AM
i want to stick with moomba....a mondo would work..even one a couple years old...i dont need luxury...just a good running dependable boat with plenty of ponies under the hatch

Just buy a craz and your done for a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icemanftr
03-17-2016, 04:28 AM
Now that the Craz is out, you can probably sweep up some close out LSV that is new or even a few years old. I bought my lsv new in 13 and love it. Although the newer designs are awesome and come with nice upgrades, I can't justify paying 30 grand more from what I owe on boat and loan ratio of new one. Is it really 30k of fun? Nah I just keep adding to my LSV!

kaneboats
03-17-2016, 08:45 AM
I know the feeling. This LSV does everything so well it may be the hardest boat to let yourself move on from.

moombadaze
03-17-2016, 08:55 AM
I know the feeling. This LSV does everything so well it may be the hardest boat to let yourself move on from.

I know this as fact--miss mine every time I walk into the garage

brain_rinse
03-17-2016, 08:55 AM

True story!

New Guy
03-17-2016, 10:36 AM
I have a little insight on this as this is as we went from our 02 LSV to our 14 Mojo. There are times that I miss the 02, it was light easy to tow, PAID for, cheap on fuel etc. What I don't miss is the size, ride, interior. It was a bulletproof boat that I sold for $21k with 1000hrs on it.

Now that we have 180hrs on the Mojo I can honestly say I love this boat and have zero reasons to upgrade. That was a big factor in the purchase that the we discussed. We wanted a 10 year boat and we absolutely got it, if that makes sense. We looked used but knowing that we were buying for long term we decided to go new.

If you have questions PM me.

kaneboats
03-17-2016, 11:17 AM
Well, I was talking about the '06 and up LSV. The earlier one gets too small pretty quickly for lots of folks, especially if you want to surf. Still, I'd have a blue Mojo now if it would fit in the garage. ;)

mmandley
03-17-2016, 12:44 PM
Now that the Craz is out, you can probably sweep up some close out LSV that is new or even a few years old. I bought my lsv new in 13 and love it. Although the newer designs are awesome and come with nice upgrades, I can't justify paying 30 grand more from what I owe on boat and loan ratio of new one. Is it really 30k of fun? Nah I just keep adding to my LSV!

This is another reason I don't want to buy a new Boat right now. The new Mojo is only 6 inches longer, and for that 30+ isn't worth it. When I upgrade I want a noticeable difference.

smorris7
03-17-2016, 12:50 PM
This is another reason I don't want to buy a new Boat right now. The new Mojo is only 6 inches longer, and for that 30+ isn't worth it. When I upgrade I want a noticeable difference.

Sounds like a you need an SE!

mmandley
03-17-2016, 12:59 PM
Sounds like a you need an SE!

When I do upgrade, pretty positive it will be an SE or SA, I am thinking end of season 17-18 I might be ready to sell the Mojo but not sure, all depends how the move and new job work out for us.

rdlangston13
03-18-2016, 06:23 PM
That will be 3 boats for you to our 1. Must be nice lol

Sent from my iPhone

mmandley
03-18-2016, 07:38 PM
That will be 3 boats for you to our 1. Must be nice lol

Sent from my iPhone

You love to say this but its all in perspective.

Your what 27ish?

You have an awesome wife, new son, new home, new SUV, and a Wake Boat thats paid For.

Must be nice.

When I was 27 I was working for the State Prison, living in an apartment, pay check to paycheck driving a 5 year old car.
I was 20K in credit debt and the best part of my week involved the local bar looking for a wife for the night that wouldn't make my manhood drip in 48 hours.

I have nearly 15 years on you bro, at your rate when you are my age, you will be on your 3rd boat, probably have your house paid off, you and the wife driving new cars, 2-3 kids all living the life of luxury.

I love you like a little bro Dave but honestly man you are doing pretty dam well man.

New Guy
03-19-2016, 10:42 AM
^ That was all before the oil market was in the tank.

In all reality anyone of us on this forum are pretty damn lucky!

Ironcross25
03-19-2016, 10:56 AM
In all reality anyone of us on this forum are pretty damn lucky![/QUOTE]

Exactly! My dad had a boat when I was young and I wanted to give my kids the same. Nothing like spending weekends and long days on the water with family rather than sitting home, distracted by phones and going to stores looking and buying meaningless crap.

Get the mojo. Having a paid off boat is nice but you will not be disappointed. Got mine last year and haven't looked back.

mmandley
03-19-2016, 11:00 AM
In all reality anyone of us on this forum are pretty damn lucky!

Exactly! My dad had a boat when I was young and I wanted to give my kids the same. Nothing like spending weekends and long days on the water with family rather than sitting home, distracted by phones and going to stores looking and buying meaningless crap.

Get the mojo. Having a paid off boat is nice but you will not be disappointed. Got mine last year and haven't looked back.[/QUOTE]

This is my point Exactly to Dave, we are all pretty dam lucky, and it took me until I was 30 to get my head out of my ass and start making chit happen.

Dave is already where I was when I was 38 and hes only 27ish. Dave is luckier then he gives himself credit for.

rdlangston13
03-19-2016, 01:41 PM
We are all lucky. I just want more space lol. The LSV gets crowded!

But in all reality I am grateful for what I have. And I am super lucky that even though the oil market is in the crapper right now, I still have a job so Hallelujah! A lot of people
I know who are not as fortunate.

Sent from my iPhone

gregski
03-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Thread 1, meet Thread 2.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?27577-2007-Moomba-Mobius-LSV
That's a good deal on an '07. That might be a very low-cost upgrade.