PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Stereo Installation

Hydrofoiljunky
03-14-2016, 07:07 PM
I really wanted to put this in the audio forum because I know it would get many more views but this is a boat forum after all.............Dangt
Just wanted to pick some brains of the stereo gurus, hoping they might have some ideas as to ways I could go with it. I'll try and keep it short.

Wife bought a Can Am Spyder and the thing has no stereo in it, no speakers, no nothing. This kinda works out because you can build from scratch, however not having a system suxxxxxxxx lol. Anywho, on the front of the machine and I'll include some pictures they have what's called a Frunk. I'm hoping to put a sub in there to fill in the low end because the only spot for some speakers are under the windshield and I can only fit some 4" speakers in there. If you have ever tried to find high output 4" speakers that you can hear while going down the road at 80mph please link them up. The only ones I've found and am considering going with are from Kicker(KSC series, they show a RMS rating of 75. Jl Audio and even alpine make some 4" ers but they are rated at 50rms if I remember right. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has a Spyder or has come across someone they know that has put a system on one of these things. I wanted to go with a JL Slampack, but it will not fit my particular model?

JL Slampack http://www.jlaudio.com/slpk-can-spyder1-powersports-slampak-94491

This is what I am considering so far since it has no head unit, I'm going to skip that all together and go with a
https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WW-VC-BT.html

I'm looking at the JL audio TW3 Shallow mount subwoofer. This only needs approx .5 cubit foot of sealed box. Not sure of an amp, I need something very effecient yet powerful and doesn't get hot that could run the two Kicker 4" component speakers and the Sub? Not even sure if it's possible to do this off of 6v battery,235582355723559 Any Ideas? Thanks to anyone who reads this.

Chad

zabooda
03-14-2016, 07:42 PM
Keep it simple because if it is too loud you will be cited.

MLA
03-14-2016, 11:08 PM
Hydro,

I would worry less about a speakers rms. Check out the Kicker KM4. You can get them with the Charcoal grills and in a 2 ohm version for getting what an amp has to offer. I would also suggest their PXA amps. Beyond that, a larger speaker will get you more volume and better sound.

Hydrofoiljunky
04-14-2016, 12:53 AM
Thanks guys, I actually took both of ya'lls advice 1) I put a system on that's not over the top loud 2)Installed 2 of those KM4's. Turned out pretty good, I made a fiberglass box for a little boom boom because of the weird contours of my Frunk. Sounds great!

trayson
04-14-2016, 01:36 PM
I was going to suggest you check out the Exile media center. Looks like you got to that conclusion on your own. Well done.