PDA

View Full Version : Sundeck Walk Across

JeffCook3
03-08-2016, 02:06 PM
About to turn in final specs on our new Craz. Kind of stuck on the Sundeck walk across. Yes or no, from those that have it. I like the idea, however also like having the full cushion back there for laying out and stuff. Plus I am concerned about how it looks after time as far as scuff marks and stuff goes.

Badfoot
03-08-2016, 02:49 PM
I have the sundeck walk across. I like having it for guests that don't know how to get in the boat, but if I had to do again I'd opt for the full cushion. It's not so comfy laying across. Haven't had an issue with keeping it clean. My .02

mcdye
03-08-2016, 05:40 PM
I have the walk thru, we take out the center cushion too for walking thru. I would do again, granted you wont have the extra step option.

bluice311
03-09-2016, 04:59 PM
I like the walk across, especially for when you are working on or cleaning the boat (shoes/not on the water). My only complaint is that thing gets HOT when you walk across barefoot. We are either in the the boat or in the water, so I've never had anyone complain about the lack of sundeck to layout, just depends on how you primarily use your sundeck. We protect/clean ours with 303 Aerospace Protectant and it still looks brand new.

viking
03-10-2016, 09:09 AM
no walk across for us. Wife uses the sundeck way to much so cutting it up with a walk across was a no go! Also we have a no shoes rule so really don't see a need for one. That option cost is a waste for how we use our boat so money went elsewhere. But each person/family has their own priorities and desires so do what works best for you!

mmandley
03-10-2016, 09:43 AM
I have thought about this option for my next boat but honestly I will keep the sun deck. I mainly wanted it to let the dog walk on when he jumps in the boat but after watching him for years, no telling what direction he will go.

Wife makes a towel every year in the colors to match the boat, sews them together, adds stretch cord to loop around the pop up cleats. This keeps people from slipping, allows the dog to not mess up the cover running across it, also catches some of the water drug into the boat.

You can see it in almost any picture I have posted with my interior

DFTR Josh
03-10-2016, 10:23 AM
This will be my first walk through so I don't know what to expect. I'm actually excited for it since my last boat I always said I would rather a walk through. We use the back quite a bit as a family so we'll see how it works out. Pretty stoked about the choice on the Craz.