PDA

View Full Version : What prop size for 2014 Mondo 330 Indmar?

bjrow
03-04-2016, 04:47 PM
Hey guys hoping to draw on your expertise since there is little help over here locally.
Wanted to get a spare prop for the boat but seem to have hit a wall with getting a direct replacement.
Original is an OJ 14.25 x 14.5 fitting a 1 1/8" shaft, the part number as best as I can determine is OJ475.
Had a look on the OJ prop site and couldn't find OJ475 nor a listing for this size, perhaps it is no longer made?
No-one here in Aus sells OJ props that I could find after 30mins of googling so started to look at ACME props as there are a few folk selling these.
Again there is no direct like for like replacement so I'm stuck wondering what size I can use that doesn't affect top end speed and retains the pull from down low.
My other thought is to buy on from the US if I can track the OJ one down, shipping maybe the killer though.
Would appreciate your thoughts/experience on changing from the original sized prop on the Mondo.
Cheers BruceR

JD14Mondo
03-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Great question Bruce. I have the same boat. I believe ACME is considered the better of the two brands. I would also like to know what size is best for our boats. I mainly wake surf so carry a lot of ballast. Any help would be appreciated.

BrettLee3232
03-04-2016, 05:35 PM
I have the same boat but with the raptor. I put the acme 2079 and it was night and day difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
03-04-2016, 06:10 PM
I have the same boat but with the raptor. I put the acme 2079 and it was night and day difference.

Thats what I run on my Mojo as well. I have the 345 engine so a little more power but still works really well.

bjrow
03-06-2016, 06:50 PM
Thanks for your input, lots of options I guess to go with.
With the ACME 2079 is there any loss in top end speed?
Cheers BruceR.

mmandley
03-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Thanks for your input, lots of options I guess to go with.
With the ACME 2079 is there any loss in top end speed?
Cheers BruceR.

Yes your top speed will suffer and be closer to high 30s instead of low 40s.

bjrow
03-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Thanks mmandley for the reply.
Looking at the ACME range as there are a few dealers here in Australia, not so for the OJ.
To import the OJ 475 is a ridiculous amount of $$ so that' off my list unless I find a good 2nd hand one.

Looking at the Acme 1235, it is a little different and wonder if anyone has used one for a Mondo?
Slightly larger diameter but smaller pitch with a slightly larger cup size. Thinking I wont see much difference but unsure of what the final rpms would be either.
The search continues.....
Cheers BruceR

BrettLee3232
03-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Thanks mmandley for the reply.
Looking at the ACME range as there are a few dealers here in Australia, not so for the OJ.
To import the OJ 475 is a ridiculous amount of $$ so that' off my list unless I find a good 2nd hand one.

Looking at the Acme 1235, it is a little different and wonder if anyone has used one for a Mondo?
Slightly larger diameter but smaller pitch with a slightly larger cup size. Thinking I wont see much difference but unsure of what the final rpms would be either.
The search continues.....
Cheers BruceR

I was going to go 1235 but leaned more towards the 2079 cause my boat is heavily weighted (ballast, beer & fat friends......oh & a bunch of skinny chics)

CFD3Captain
03-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Pics or it doesn't happen :cool:

I was going to go 1235 but leaned more towards the 2079 cause my boat is heavily weighted (ballast, beer & fat friends......oh & a bunch of skinny chics)

BrettLee3232
03-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Pics or it doesn't happen :cool:

All the hot chics were taking pics of us. Not sure why they aren't in the pic haha

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/3b4d0c433de81686a7211d7f47ffca50.jpg

CFD3Captain
03-09-2016, 08:10 PM
That's just wrong LOL

bjrow
03-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Well after resetting my eyes after the last pic I am leaning towards the ACME1235 as we do a bit of everything. Love to give the boat a bit of a squirt at the end of the day to blow out and deposits and have a bit of fun. We have a bit of distance to cover from boat ramp to where we like to play so keeping top end is important and wot rpm is at 4800.
Will see what comes up for sale over Winter and make a purchase then.
I did email OJ direct so will see if that's a economic option for the same prop.
Cheers BruceR.

mmandley
03-09-2016, 08:45 PM
Well after resetting my eyes after the last pic I am leaning towards the ACME1235 as we do a bit of everything. Love to give the boat a bit of a squirt at the end of the day to blow out and deposits and have a bit of fun. We have a bit of distance to cover from boat ramp to where we like to play so keeping top end is important and wot rpm is at 4800.
Will see what comes up for sale over Winter and make a purchase then.
I did email OJ direct so will see if that's a economic option for the same prop.
Cheers BruceR.

I would highly urge you to NOT buy the 1235 or the equivalent in the OJ brand.

What prop does your boat have now? Is it the factory Wake Board Prop? Thats the OJ version of the 1235 and you would be wasting money to have 2 of the essentially same prop.

The top end difference between the 1235 and 2079 is seriously 3-5 mph.

If you plan to run over 4K RPM at any-point expect to be using 15+ gph but realistically closer to 20gph.

If you want a do all prop with good top end, able to surf, wake board and water ski you might want to look into the 535 I think it called, but ultimately you dont get Awesome Hole shot, and Top Speed, you have to give one for the other.

bjrow
03-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Thanks mmandley, just have the factory OJ 475 and am quite pleased with it overall, just looking to have a backup incase I stuff it on something. Repairs generally run 3 weeks here so trying to ensure next season is made full use of. The lake we play on is getting way too low now and things I drove over and never knew about makes me think how lucky we've been so far. They are expecting good Winter rains, but I just laugh as nature has a way of flying in the face of reason.
Not having another type of prop to compare to in real world limits my experience to what is on there now, I'm sure my arms are an inch longer after "hanging on" way too long. Finally realized regardless of a 240lb anchor sitting in the water the boat's just going to keep going forwards until I break (or the rope or tower)!
Know what you mean about the use of fuel, 20mins and 1/4 tank gone, but lovin it:).
Traveling around the 2800 rpm range it's quite good but seriously I don't worry about that side of things. By the time we've had a go at wake boarding, knee-boarding, occasionally skiing, surfing and tubing after 5 hrs we've only used about 1/2 a tank, I figure why transport the other half back home.......
Cheers BruceR

mmandley
03-09-2016, 10:51 PM
yup I get you man.

the prop should have a stamping number on it when looking at it from the rear of the boat. That will help to see what exact one you have, then can be cross referenced to other props to get you the best of both worlds and a spare.