PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mojo not starting - Fault Code - Raptor 400

Brighter Days
03-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Got a new fault code on my 2015 Mojo and the boat is not starting. Everything works but ignition seems to be disabled almost like the kill switch is pulled. I can't seemed to find the code either by searching for it on line. Can anyone help?

SPN 707 FMI 3

smorris7
03-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Double check ignition fuse under dash. This happened to mine and it took me forever to figure it out. Never thought to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighter Days
03-07-2016, 10:28 AM
So the odd thing is my boat will start after sitting for a day or two. I can run it for hour or more with no problems. But once I turn it off, it will not restart. Any ideas?

CRAZy440
03-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Usually when something is left running for a while to get warmed up and then electrical components stop working, their is usually something that is bad in a circuit board. Electronic Control box is prolly the issue. You have a warranty on the boat for this reason. Dealer should deal with it.

Brighter Days
03-08-2016, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I understand I have a warranty but my dealer is over 100 miles away and my brand new boat already spent 3 months at the dealer to address another issue last summer. So far, not super excited about the new Raptor series of Indmar motors.

Engine Nut
03-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Got a new fault code on my 2015 Mojo and the boat is not starting. Everything works but ignition seems to be disabled almost like the kill switch is pulled. I can't seemed to find the code either by searching for it on line. Can anyone help?

SPN 707 FMI 3

The trouble code SPN 707 FMI 3 is a low oil level code. Check your oil level. If it is OK, check to make sure the oil level switch on the side of the oil pan is plugged in. The ECM sets the code if it detects an open circuit at the level switch about 20 seconds after the engine is turned off.

jstenger
03-14-2016, 09:54 PM
That would make sense, since the oil would be spread throughout the engine after running, thus lowering the oil level in the pan. After a day, all the residule oil has drained back into the pan, thus raising the oil level. Not a lot, but probably just enough to make the switch.

Brighter Days
03-16-2016, 11:23 AM
The trouble code SPN 707 FMI 3 is a low oil level code. Check your oil level. If it is OK, check to make sure the oil level switch on the side of the oil pan is plugged in. The ECM sets the code if it detects an open circuit at the level switch about 20 seconds after the engine is turned off.You have just made my day if this resolves my issue. I will check that out and report back.

lee
03-16-2016, 10:01 PM
That Engine Nut knows a little bit about your engine for sure!

mgswake
03-17-2016, 01:42 AM
I hope you get it figured out, nice to see such great support on the forum.

Brighter Days
04-11-2016, 03:59 PM
The trouble code SPN 707 FMI 3 is a low oil level code. Check your oil level. If it is OK, check to make sure the oil level switch on the side of the oil pan is plugged in. The ECM sets the code if it detects an open circuit at the level switch about 20 seconds after the engine is turned off.I had to get the oil level sensor replaced and also the throttle position sensor. Both of these were contributing to my No Start issue. Hope to be back in business by the weekend.

kaneboats
04-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Awesome! Keep us posted. Where do you ride?

BrokeGuy
05-01-2016, 08:21 PM
Subscribing. Keep us posted.

2016 Moomba Craz
Gunmetal W/ flake
Atomic Orange Accent
Black Deck and Hull

Brighter Days
05-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Boat back from shop and running like a champ. I have put about 15 hours on it and I have received no codes. I got it addressed at local Indmar shop, not from the dealer. Repair cost was 100% covered by warranty.

I live and surf over on Black Creek in north Florida, which is part of the St John's River.

kaneboats
05-06-2016, 01:22 AM
If you see a shrimpy gal cutting it up at Black Creek skiing behind a stars n stripes Mastercraf it's likely my cousin.

samvq1
05-13-2016, 10:57 PM
Brighter days,
Where on Black Creek? I grew up in Middleburg. Joined the navy and haven't been back for about 30 years. Will be back in town this summer for my high school reunion.

seftonm
06-18-2016, 05:14 PM
Just ran into this same issue and code. Is there a way to bypass the sensor to start the engine? Paddling it all the way from our dock to the boat ramp is going to be a pain :(

So frustrating that some dumb little sensor like this will immobilize the engine.