PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices

996scott
03-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Well we are down to $1.50/gal for regular here in Salt Lake city. At that price I can fill my boat for under $50! Man I hope these prices stay low through the summer. Here's to hoping...

soonerbilly
03-01-2016, 04:33 PM
I know.....I was actually looking at buying one of those trailers and fill it up for summer use. You know the price will be back up by summer.

5:00
03-01-2016, 04:43 PM
$1.38 just West of Fredericksburg, VA. I hear it is a bit cheaper another 40 miles south.

wolff supra21v
03-01-2016, 04:52 PM
It is great to see gas prices low but for me it is hurting a lot of different aspects that my businesses incomes is based on. I wish it would settle at a medium reasonable price not crazy high and not real low. it is great to fill the truck up for $40.00 but in the long run it is hurting me and my employees more.

DatTexasBoy
03-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Yep if these low prices aren't affecting you yet, just wait. It will make its way to your pocket book eventually. Nothing good about low oil prices in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandm
03-01-2016, 05:50 PM
$1.74 this morning otw to work. this market is funny in that there's a minimum markup on gas and you are not legally allowed to sell below that level.
does make it convenient to buy as no station is cheaper than another. costco is even the same price as the BP.

5:00
03-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Lots of fluctuation here from $1.30 to $1.75 for the cheap stuff. D.C. area for the expensive stuff and there are pretty big tax differences from county to county.

aggietb
03-01-2016, 11:13 PM
A happy medium would be nice....I'd like to keep my job! Otherwise I can't afford to fill the boat up even if gas is .50 cents a gallon.

kaneboats
03-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Well, I want our guys like Dave to be at work so a little higher would be better. I'd rather see a bit higher in the winter and lower in the summer. But, in FL we don't have heating costs that go along with it.

mmandley
03-02-2016, 01:27 PM
I have to agree, me and Rance poked at this yesterday, I found a receipt from filling the bike in 11/30/12 and it was $4.90 a gallon. While I didnt like paying that high of an amount I know its not good for those in the fuel industry to see the prices were they are.

I personally am ok with 3s $3.50 is where I am really happy with it, its high enough to keep the industry moving and low enough were I don't feel like I am burning my money at the pump.

I can still pay close to $4.00 if i want by buying Non Ethanol Premium in my little town. I pretty much only buy that for my mower and pressure washer. Fill boat up at the end of the season.

$180 to fill the boat up at the end of the season is a little painful.

Other wise I go to the next town to fill the Vette, but honestly I think last year I filled it maybe 3xs. it was a sad year for the Vette LOL.

KG's Supra24
03-02-2016, 02:56 PM
LMAO ...

yea let's all pay above market price so we can can subsidize the oil industry but be damned if you think we paying one more penny to subsidize healthcare.

get outta here TX, lol ....

I might be alone but I'll gladly fill up my boat on cheaper gas than last year.

soonerbilly
03-02-2016, 04:46 PM
I hear ya KG.....I'm sure there are people that the lower prices will hurt some.....but I think most of us welcome the lower prices.

icemanftr
03-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Paying $2 a gallon here in WA. Wish it were cheaper! Don't hurt me any, nor the company I work for. Food and merchandise sure haven't came back down though which is bullshit. As soon as gas went up, so did good and merchandise, but don't work in reverse. So those companies are lining their pockets still. Gas should have never jumped 400% in less than a decade, it is why our economy is so fucked up and the markets in auto and housing have crashed after reaping benefits for a few years.

sandm
03-02-2016, 06:12 PM
I hear ya KG.....I'm sure there are people that the lower prices will hurt some.....but I think most of us welcome the lower prices.

there are some that will be hurt by this and I think about the entire state of north dakota and all the stupid high wages and rent that are being charged up there as those economies come to a grinding halt, but on the flip side, I would bet suv/pickup sales increase with cheaper gas and that puts more money in the pockets of dealerships/salesman. the travel/hotel/food industry will benefit from more summer vacations spent travelling and people eating out more with a tad more disposable income. could mean more money for states to stuff into road repair as the more gas that is pumped, the more road taxes are generated.

icemanftr
03-02-2016, 10:59 PM
there are some that will be hurt by this and I think about the entire state of north dakota and all the stupid high wages and rent that are being charged up there as those economies come to a grinding halt, but on the flip side, I would bet suv/pickup sales increase with cheaper gas and that puts more money in the pockets of dealerships/salesman. the travel/hotel/food industry will benefit from more summer vacations spent travelling and people eating out more with a tad more disposable income. could mean more money for states to stuff into road repair as the more gas that is pumped, the more road taxes are generated.

North Dakota did that too themselves. My buddies worked there and the price of shit was like it was lined with gold there. 3k for a damn apartment a month and so on. North Dakota is like Antartica in the winter, as I have been there - and I'm glad that the state is gonna be taking a hit. They shouldn't have gouged the workers who were baring the cold weather to make that state money.