PDA

View Full Version : Auto flow on 2014 Mojo?

blackcup
02-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Hey guys ... did a quick search and didn't see much. Has anyone had any success getting the auto flow installed on a 2014 Mojo? We have the manual surf plates but I am getting sick of switching them back and forth. Would be interested in jumping right up to the 2.0 system.

Thanks!

blackcup
02-23-2016, 06:38 PM
From my knowledge, the Autoflow wasnt released until the 2015 line correct? Can anyone confirm?

Chad.taylor07
02-23-2016, 06:49 PM
I had it on my 2015 Mondo and loved it. I didn't want to mess with manual tabs either. I'm sure you can have them installed but I'm sure it's not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RFD19
02-24-2016, 10:15 AM
I was just at the boat show and asked my dealer. I own a 14 Moomba. They said for $2500 the will install. Two plates, new front bag, switches and they have to flash the computer.

BrettLee3232
02-24-2016, 01:05 PM
I would consider going straight to the source.... www.wakelandmfg.com

It's the OEM, but they sell a retrofit kit that looks pretty awesome. Same as auto flow but different controller.

Worth a shot.

costanza
02-24-2016, 01:16 PM
I would consider going straight to the source.... www.wakelandmfg.com

It's the OEM, but they sell a retrofit kit that looks pretty awesome. Same as auto flow but different controller.

Worth a shot.

Thanks for the link.. I've written asking if it works with 2013 LSV. Currently looking at options to upgrade my 2013... If it is compatible and I get a price, I'll post back... I'm writing my dealer to find out about manual Flow as well... It was originally 1400$ installed, but last year for some reason skyrocketed to over 2500$... I'm following up with them to see if it has come down this year at all. Currently I'm looking at cheaper wedge or ghetto gate...

blackcup
02-24-2016, 03:05 PM
Great thanks for the info. I emailed my dealer and waiting for a quote from manual to auto flow. Will let you guys know how close it is to the $2500 quoted above. If it is close to that then I will have a manual flow for sale if anyone is interested.

mmandley
02-24-2016, 11:04 PM
For the 14 up boats you can use Auto Flow, this is because the dash computer is already updated for it.

2500 is honestly pretty cheap as the units sell for that much with out installation. If you dealer is adding that, IBS and installation for all one price thats pretty dam nice as an after purchase upgrade, and not being done at time of New boat purchase.

For boats with Manual Flow you will be paying closer to 4-5K for the switch over.

You will have to have the Flow removed and the rear glassed back in before they can install the new 2.0.

Expect 1-1500 for glass work as this seems to be the going rate on it from a dealer.
Then figure 2-3K for the Flow 2.0 and this may or may not be installed.
500-750 would be the expected labor to install the Flow 2.0

I am working this process through as we speak to upgrade my 13 Mojo from Manual Flow to Go Surf Assist System Wake Makers is using.

blackcup
02-25-2016, 02:02 PM
For the 14 up boats you can use Auto Flow, this is because the dash computer is already updated for it.

2500 is honestly pretty cheap as the units sell for that much with out installation. If you dealer is adding that, IBS and installation for all one price thats pretty dam nice as an after purchase upgrade, and not being done at time of New boat purchase.

For boats with Manual Flow you will be paying closer to 4-5K for the switch over.

You will have to have the Flow removed and the rear glassed back in before they can install the new 2.0.

Expect 1-1500 for glass work as this seems to be the going rate on it from a dealer.
Then figure 2-3K for the Flow 2.0 and this may or may not be installed.
500-750 would be the expected labor to install the Flow 2.0

I am working this process through as we speak to upgrade my 13 Mojo from Manual Flow to Go Surf Assist System Wake Makers is using.

Ok thanks for the info. I'm interested in seeing how your project turns out!

blackcup
02-25-2016, 05:39 PM
You were bang on ... just got a quote back from the dealer:

Jay,

The kit itself is $2,475. I would estimate 4HR labor to install (we are $130/hr)

A big expense in this swap that I confirmed with Skiers Choice; is the gelcoat work. When the old flow system is removed there will need to be gelcoat/fiberglass work to fill the holes the old manual flow used. We don’t have a gel coater in house here to get an estimate but I would imagine it would add around $1,500 for the swap.

So $4500 sounds about right.

spader
02-26-2016, 08:58 PM
I also received an unofficial quote of around 4500 because of gel coat work as well.

mmandley
02-27-2016, 12:45 PM
I will be starting a new thread on my upgrades in a week or so, lots of changes coming to the Beastia Mojo.

For this thread though, I got some official prices and its 1K for my glass work because I know the guy, dealer is still 1500 best quote.
Install is flat 500.

Thats 2K and the price of my Go Surf Assist unit from Wake Makers.

So not a cheap upgrade at all, but in the long run I think it will be well worth it.