PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Visit to the Factory

WhiskeyRunner
02-22-2016, 10:15 PM
I have business up in Oak Ridge soon, and was hoping to sneak in a tour of the Skier's Choice factory while I'm there. Anyone have advice on:

How to Book a tour
Things to keep in mind
How much time to allow
Who to talk to
Things to look for
Other possible tours in the immediate vicinity

I noticed a discussion on this topic from 2011, but was hoping to get more recent information from the Forum. Thanks in advance for your help.

patrick232
02-22-2016, 11:13 PM
Call the plant and ask, it's what I did. Maybe PM Rick. If you have time there are other boat manufactures in the area. If youn go to one you will really see the bang for the buck you get with moomba over their value line.
FYI while in oak ridge watch for the speed cameras my suburban received a ticket in the mail after my last trip thru there.

wolfeman131
02-22-2016, 11:29 PM
Boatmate Trailers is next door and cool to see as well.

jstenger
02-22-2016, 11:49 PM
Wakeland is just down the road.

mcdye
02-23-2016, 09:02 AM
Keep in mind... no open toe shoes. Be attentive, look beyond what they are showing you ;)

DFTR Josh
02-23-2016, 10:53 AM
look beyond what they are showing you
Depending on when you're going my Craz should be in production with a spray date of March 1st, you can always snap a pic or 2 :cool:

80AM
02-23-2016, 10:15 PM
I'm in the market for a Moomba and I'm comparing it vs an NXT 22. Those plants are right down the road from each. I've been offered a tour from Norm Kraus at Mastercraft and I'd really like to see the Moomba plant while I'm up there. When are you going?

I have business up in Oak Ridge soon, and was hoping to sneak in a tour of the Skier's Choice factory while I'm there. Anyone have advice on:

How to Book a tour
Things to keep in mind
How much time to allow
Who to talk to
Things to look for
Other possible tours in the immediate vicinity

I noticed a discussion on this topic from 2011, but was hoping to get more recent information from the Forum. Thanks in advance for your help.

DFTR Josh
02-24-2016, 12:18 AM
80am ~ It's worth a look and any questions you have about the Moomba CRAZ 22' let me know.

WhiskeyRunner
03-01-2016, 09:35 PM
I'm in the market for a Moomba and I'm comparing it vs an NXT 22. Those plants are right down the road from each. I've been offered a tour from Norm Kraus at Mastercraft and I'd really like to see the Moomba plant while I'm up there. When are you going?

80am- I need to confirm the exact time, but the 16th of March was my intent. PM me if you happen to be there as well. I think a visit to other manufacturers in the area would be ideal as well to really appreciate the quality of the boats.

BrokeGuy
03-01-2016, 10:45 PM
My boat should be on the line at the time. I found that my spray date is now on the 14th.

WhiskeyRunner
03-02-2016, 11:27 AM
BrokeGuy- Send me a PM if you want to share specifics and I'll do my best to keep a look out and see if I can get you some pics.