PDA

View Full Version : WT-1 Wake tractor by heydayinboards

JASONZ
02-18-2016, 02:25 PM
In the latest issue of wakeboard mag the WT-1 "Wake tractor" had a full page add...
I went to the site and there are very few pics and limited specs.
Has anyone seen this thing at the boat show? I am definately not buying one but I was interested what the total price of one of these things was.
$299 a month.
heydayinboards.com

mcdye
02-18-2016, 02:47 PM
There are threads on other sites with more pictures.
Here is one of them http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804915&highlight=tractor It is different...

sandm
02-18-2016, 02:58 PM
it is an interesting design and I hope it sells. proof will be in the wake once people are riding it.
I don't think tho that it is going to get a fair shake as it's not from a "wakeboat" company.

trayson
02-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Yes, I saw it in person at the boat show. seating maxes out at 8. The seating is all modular with backrests that can be moved to the front or back "seats". The driver has no windshield and is the center.

Even the guy that was with the boat at the boat show had no idea what you'd do for a rearview mirror.

I have to imagine it'd be incredibly sensitive to side to side people weight. The hull was a big wedge and it was just not attractive. Supposedly it can hit a higher top speed (the salesman said like 50+?) but that's of course all because of whatever prop they choose to run it with. They keep advertising it at $40k.

For stereo, it has a wetsounds Bluetooth soundbar like you'd use on an ATV...

kaneboats
02-18-2016, 04:16 PM
I think you plug a joystick into your tablet to drive it.

sandm
02-18-2016, 04:53 PM
Even the guy that was with the boat at the boat show had no idea what you'd do for a rearview mirror.

I don't get this. have seen a few posts on this where guys are treating it like not wearing a seatbelt in a car. I have not used a rear view mirror in 5 years. granted I don't tow boarders and can see with increased speed how it could be a danger, but surfing, I have yet to see the need for one on a boat if you have a boatload :) of peeps. I have mastered the art of watching someone surf and looking forward as well.

zabooda
02-18-2016, 06:30 PM
States that do not require a spotter do require a mirror.

trayson
02-19-2016, 02:15 PM
I don't get this. have seen a few posts on this where guys are treating it like not wearing a seatbelt in a car. I have not used a rear view mirror in 5 years. granted I don't tow boarders and can see with increased speed how it could be a danger, but surfing, I have yet to see the need for one on a boat if you have a boatload :) of peeps. I have mastered the art of watching someone surf and looking forward as well.

I like having one, I wouldn't want to do without. Yeah, it is easier to look back and not miss anything forward when going under 10mph. It gets more tricky when going 21.5mph wakeboarding. It gets even trickier when I'm slalom skiing at 28 to 29mph.

I don't "need" perfect pass either, but I sure as hell like it and definitely want my wife to be using PP and the mirror when she drives.

It's just another tool. When I take a road trip in my car, I like to leave a sliver of my back window unobstructed from gear so I can see if there's someone behind me (typically not a problem since I haul ass driving and I'm usually the one doing all the passing, LOL).

As far as the boatload of people, I am probably a bit of a control freak and don't like to 'depend' on input from them when a mirror can supplement that.

KG's Supra24
02-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Ever use the mirror to keep your eye on everything bouncing around in the boat when goingacross a choppy lake? ;)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

New Guy
02-19-2016, 03:28 PM

SandM time to bust out that mirror, Wisconsin passed a law making it legal to ride with just 2 people as long as you have a wide angle mirror.

Oh and KG I get where your coming from:cool:

Crane man
02-20-2016, 01:07 AM
Ever use the mirror to keep your eye on everything bouncing around in the boat when goingacross a choppy lake? ;)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

All the time. We boat a busy river and the mirror is better than anyone in the boat. Never tow in traffic but always watching.

Crane man
02-20-2016, 01:11 AM
I have not seen the WT up close but it was released last year by bryant as an affordable wakeboard and surf boat. Bayliner tried the same thing 10 -14 years ago with the challenger. Honestly I would b6 the 14 year old bayliner v drive b4 I though about the wake turd

viking
02-20-2016, 02:57 PM
SandM time to bust out that mirror, Wisconsin passed a law making it legal to ride with just 2 people as long as you have a wide angle mirror.

Oh and KG I get where your coming from:cool:

You have to have an observer in MT but no mirror. In WY you can tow without an observer so long as you have a wide angle mirror.

sandm
02-22-2016, 09:55 AM
everyplace I have ridden has had to have an observer and mirrors are optional. not sure I would go out with just 1 other person but I guess you can now legally in WI. have to find the mirror I stashed in the basement somewhere...

back to the wt. wonder if you could install a set of these on the console? a throwback to 80's minitrucks :)
http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/pil/MI-024/image/3/

viking
02-22-2016, 09:58 AM
How about a selfie stick with a mirror :)

DFTR Josh
02-22-2016, 11:43 AM
I'm all for the idea of the WT! The design is a whole different story :-?
The Mirror:
I'm 100% about having a mirror with wake/wave or cruising the lake. I have been in 2 different boats that came way to close to others boating cause the driver was looking backwards. Yes it's better to watch the action live but it's so much better to keep your boat and crew safe also.

kaneboats
03-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Dealer near me has one of them advertised:

http://www.h2osportsdothan.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=1779572&source=craigslist

sandm
03-02-2016, 06:15 PM
sure is an odd looking craft on the trailer from a side profile. will be interesting to see more real world reviews from some amateur riders and snaps of how the wake really looks outside of the brochures.