PDA

View Full Version : First post. Need some help

spyles0004
02-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Hey everyone just joined the forum after purchasing a 2004 LSV. I pick it up next month. I know its a bit overpriced, but not what I am paying. Anyway, just wanted some input on a few things

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2004-MOOMBA-Mobius-LSV-102626712

1st. Recommendations on tower speakers (Can color & make)
2nd. Does this year come with snap in/out carpet. From pics looks like it once had

Thanks

(Moderator: Link above broken- here is a photo:)

icemanftr
02-17-2016, 07:32 PM
I would go white based off your color and interior. Would pop that way. What's your stereo budget?

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

996scott
02-17-2016, 08:31 PM
welcome, love the color. It does look like there are snaps on the floor for carpet but if that is the case then it was an after market one. You can get carpet as well as other things like seadek or gatorstep or deckadence all made to fit but it can get pricy. You will definitely want to have something down on the floor or it will be slippery. Any chance the dealer has the carpets in one of the storage lockers of the boat or somewhere else? Or maybe can at least give you the previous owners info so you can contact him and see what was in there? Good luck.

MLA
02-17-2016, 11:35 PM
White pods for sure

Are you looking for a wake range system, surf/party cove system or one that does both very well? Lots of brands, sizes, types, price range and quality levels, so need to start narrowing it down a little.

DOCDRS
02-18-2016, 01:15 AM
where are you from?

Badfoot
02-18-2016, 08:18 AM
If you are looking to replace/add carpet to the existing snaps already in place, you might contact snapincarpet.com. They may already have your boat model on file, if not you can send them a template. It comes without the snaps installed so you can install them to match yours. A friend of mine purchased carpet from them for his Searay and with great success. Only took a few weeks to arrive.

spyles0004
02-18-2016, 08:26 AM
I would go white based off your color and interior. Would pop that way. What's your stereo budget?

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. I'm not sure if I've even seen the white. Around $1200 range

spyles0004
02-18-2016, 08:28 AM
welcome, love the color. It does look like there are snaps on the floor for carpet but if that is the case then it was an after market one. You can get carpet as well as other things like seadek or gatorstep or deckadence all made to fit but it can get pricy. You will definitely want to have something down on the floor or it will be slippery. Any chance the dealer has the carpets in one of the storage lockers of the boat or somewhere else? Or maybe can at least give you the previous owners info so you can contact him and see what was in there? Good luck.

Good idea. It sounded like the dealer knew the previous owner I will ask him. Any yes it does looks like it had snap carpet before

spyles0004
02-18-2016, 08:31 AM
White pods for sure

Are you looking for a wake range system, surf/party cove system or one that does both very well? Lots of brands, sizes, types, price range and quality levels, so need to start narrowing it down a little.

I'll check the white out. I had 4 polk speakers on my last boat and they were incredible. I think better to have a party system just in case :)

spyles0004
02-18-2016, 08:34 AM
where are you from?

Virginia. We live on a pretty small lake but its still a good time

spyles0004
02-18-2016, 08:35 AM
If you are looking to replace/add carpet to the existing snaps already in place, you might contact snapincarpet.com. They may already have your boat model on file, if not you can send them a template. It comes without the snaps installed so you can install them to match yours. A friend of mine purchased carpet from them for his Searay and with great success. Only took a few weeks to arrive.

Thanks. Do you know the price for snapincarpet?

Badfoot
02-18-2016, 08:56 AM
Thanks. Do you know the price for snapincarpet?

I think it was around $600. Price will vary depending on the quality of carpet and backing you choose. My friend purchased the upper end with a heavy backing.
They can provide quote pretty quick.
What part of Virginia are located? I'm in Richmond.

KG's Supra24
02-18-2016, 10:24 AM
Maybe a mod can combine the two threads.

I agree the snap in most likely wasn't factory.

I'm not sure white Exile's exist as a purhcase option? With exile and 1200 budget, you can probably get into the 2 surf speaker bundle with the forum discount. That amp leaves room to add another pair in the future. If you bump the budget, you could get into the Wetsounds Rev10 where a single pair would be all you'd likely ever need (surf and wake). I'd begin by determining whether you think you need an HLCD or not .... HLCD = long range projection, wakeboard distance.

Congrats on the new boat!

spyles0004
02-18-2016, 10:35 AM
I think it was around $600. Price will vary depending on the quality of carpet and backing you choose. My friend purchased the upper end with a heavy backing.
They can provide quote pretty quick.
What part of Virginia are located? I'm in Richmond.

Ok I'll get a quote once I actually pick up the boat

Winchester. About an hour out of DC

spyles0004
02-18-2016, 10:41 AM
Maybe a mod can combine the two threads.

I agree the snap in most likely wasn't factory.

I'm not sure white Exile's exist as a purhcase option? With exile and 1200 budget, you can probably get into the 2 surf speaker bundle with the forum discount. That amp leaves room to add another pair in the future. If you bump the budget, you could get into the Wetsounds Rev10 where a single pair would be all you'd likely ever need (surf and wake). I'd begin by determining whether you think you need an HLCD or not .... HLCD = long range projection, wakeboard distance.

Congrats on the new boat!

I'm liking those wetsounds. Do they come with the swivel clamp? And do you know a price on a pair? I can go higher on budget

KG's Supra24
02-18-2016, 10:47 AM
I'm liking those wetsounds. Do they come with the swivel clamp? And do you know a price on a pair? I can go higher on budget

Yep, they swivel, even with the optioned LED rings installed. If you don't have a local dealer you are already talking to, email Odin at Earmark to discuss pricing. They also offer a forum discount.

https://wetsounds.com/media/products/TC3/images/animation01.gif

https://wetsounds.com/media/products/TC3/images/animation02.gif

https://wetsounds.com/media/products/TC3/images/animation03.gif

viking
02-18-2016, 10:52 AM
For $600 on snap in I'd definitely look at Deckadence flooring. Might be a little more money but definitely worth it imo......
It all comes down to budget of course but worth a look!

mmandley
02-18-2016, 01:25 PM
Exile did start making White speakers this past year, I think its another New for 16 option.

I know on the Exile boat for the Portland show Brian had White XM9s but wanted to borrow my Black ones.

KG's Supra24
02-18-2016, 01:40 PM
Exile did start making White speakers this past year, I think its another New for 16 option.

I know on the Exile boat for the Portland show Brian had White XM9s but wanted to borrow my Black ones.

Did not see anything referencing White on the website but I thought it might be an option that was coming.

MLA
02-18-2016, 01:53 PM

I'll check the white out. I had 4 polk speakers on my last boat and they were incredible. I think better to have a party system just in case :)

With todays offerings, I would suggest sticking with an 8" coaxial Like the Kicker KM8, Wet Sounds Icon-8, JL 7.7 or 8.8 or the Wet Sounds Rev-10 10" HLCD

With that budget, you can for sure score a pair of Kicker KM8, KMTES8W pods and KXM400.4 with change back. I would suspect that with a package discount, you could almost get 2 pair of KM8 and the white KMTES8 pods and KXM400.2 marine amp. Stretch is a little bit and drive both pair to their potential with an Arc Audio KS300.2.

If you want swivel disconnect pods, then look at the Wet Sounds Icon-8 and HTX-2 amp.

A single pair of Wet Sounds Rev-10 is going to be at the upper end of output in terms of volume and mid-bass. Even being an HLCD, they are very popular for those that are not even looking for wake range projection, The extra surface area that the 10" has over an 8" HLCD, helps balance out the powerful compression driver.

brad460
02-18-2016, 10:34 PM
We have a 04 Mobius LSV...highly recommend the following upgrades:

1) An absolute must is a Bimini top!!!
2) Seadek on the platform (or similiar) the black rubber pad will rub off on everything and get all over the boat. Seadek customer service is shit so just buy a sheet of Seadek off eBay and cut it to match yourself..
3) Moomba black chrome decals...sorry but the Tribal graphics are lame..IMO

Make sure the steering cable is not crap...although an easy replacement it could be a bargaining area..

Not sure why everyone is so into the tower speakers..those were the first thing to come off my boat.

Anyways enjoy!

spyles0004
02-19-2016, 07:24 AM
We have a 04 Mobius LSV...highly recommend the following upgrades:

1) An absolute must is a Bimini top!!!
2) Seadek on the platform (or similiar) the black rubber pad will rub off on everything and get all over the boat. Seadek customer service is shit so just buy a sheet of Seadek off eBay and cut it to match yourself..
3) Moomba black chrome decals...sorry but the Tribal graphics are lame..IMO

Make sure the steering cable is not crap...although an easy replacement it could be a bargaining area..

Not sure why everyone is so into the tower speakers..those were the first thing to come off my boat.

Anyways enjoy!

A Bimini top is on the list. And i do like the Chrome decals will look into

But the tower speakers are a must for me, i just feel the boat looks naked without

spyles0004
02-19-2016, 07:25 AM
Looks like previous link to boat has been takin down. Here is another

http://www.clewsboats.com/#!inboard-wakeski-boats/cn1h

icemanftr
02-19-2016, 08:06 PM

I run Rockford towers and love them. If you're on a limited budget maybe give these a look? They come with a 5 year warranty. Although they don't have the name of many others they sure put faith in their product.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160220/4c04a7c0d90512b826f115e118752ce1.jpg

This amp to power 2 sets. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160220/8719866d2bcf7e268dcd60d1d7932b3f.jpg

Or http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160220/5d03a5baa9c86ee10a627c12e7e68fe6.jpg

Here's mine http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160220/cd244afe9a8944bbf4269f224f37a929.jpg

MLA
02-19-2016, 10:03 PM

Sure doesnt look like the rockford speaker. Also, who is backing it for 5 years, rockford fosgate or a 3rd party amazon seller that will have changed names 3 times in that period? R/F is a credible company, but a look at their website, they offer a 1 year warranty. 5 years sounds like a marketing ploy from the internet seller.

icemanftr
02-20-2016, 04:02 AM
Sure doesnt look like the rockford speaker. Also, who is backing it for 5 years, rockford fosgate or a 3rd party amazon seller that will have changed names 3 times in that period? R/F is a credible company, but a look at their website, they offer a 1 year warranty. 5 years sounds like a marketing ploy from the internet seller.

Not a Rockford speaker In post. Rockford is double that. Was trying to keep in budget and also realize you will need wiring, rcas, etc.

Well being off Amazon they back all their sales, third party or not. I never buy local anymore because it all can be had at half or less online these days. If it works fine the first 30 days, it will last a lifetime in my opinion. I know stereos and how to make sure they sound and perform and optimum without blowing.

The option I shown was a pretty good looking speaker and specs at a killer price. Had I needed some I wouldn't be shy in trying them. All companies start somewhere until they build a rep, than they start jacking people on price for their name.

VA LSV
02-21-2016, 07:46 PM
Add says 310 hp which is carb but engine pic shows EFI intake cover.

Looks like previous link to boat has been takin down. Here is another

http://www.clewsboats.com/#!inboard-wakeski-boats/cn1h

spyles0004
02-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Add says 310 hp which is carb but engine pic shows EFI intake cover.

Yea the add is wrong, owner emailed me that it's Assualt 320 EFI. Does that sound correct?

VA LSV
02-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Correct. The '04 320 is TBI - throttle body injection. Here's a link to the owners manual.

http://moomba.com/sites/default/files/downloads/manuals/moomba_04.pdf