PDA

View Full Version : Exile XM9 new clamps?

liquid_acid
02-16-2016, 01:59 PM
I was at the Detroit Boat show yesterday and was checking out the MB boats. Right away as I was walking up, I noticed that they all had exile stereo stuff. Everyone else there had WS or JL. As I was talking to the salesman, I noticed that the clamps have changed. The thumb screw is non existent now but instead has a spring loaded pull screw to keep it locked in the channel and a clamp lever to tighten the clamp to the post. Has anyone else seen these or knows when these will be released? Pretty cool idea.

Chris

dusty2221
02-16-2016, 02:26 PM
I have these new collars on mine, I believe this is what will be on all new orders this summer.

996scott
02-16-2016, 03:56 PM
I have them as well. They are great. It's really quick and easy to remove them now.

jmvotto
02-16-2016, 04:54 PM
is there a retrofit coming for older cans, this would be a nice upgrade

mmandley
02-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Yes this all part of the new upgrades to the clamps, this will keep people from over tightening the clamps and stripping the posts outs.

IDK if it will retro, I will check on that next time I go down to the shop, My speakers are still on the Exile boat right now.

All the new speakers should be released with these new clamps.

yooper
02-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Can one of you guys post a picture?

jstenger
02-17-2016, 10:40 AM
I will have to look for them tomorrow when I go to the Grand Rapids Boat Show.

dusty2221
02-17-2016, 11:05 AM
I can snap some pics tonight

liquid_acid
02-17-2016, 12:22 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160217/c8720857c64551bb3acdbcea98fc0ca9.jpg

kaneboats
02-17-2016, 12:46 PM
Those are very nice. I sometimes wish I could remove or rotate mine (fixed).

mmandley
02-17-2016, 02:46 PM
Those are very nice. I sometimes wish I could remove or rotate mine (fixed).

I have hardly ever rotated mine, what is nice is on my tower I can mount the speaker in different angles now.

The new clamps are really slick though.

jmvotto
02-17-2016, 10:28 PM
Yes this all part of the new upgrades to the clamps, this will keep people from over tightening the clamps and stripping the posts outs.

IDK if it will retro, I will check on that next time I go down to the shop, My speakers are still on the Exile boat right now.

All the new speakers should be released with these new clamps.

Thanks for checking on the retro fit mike. Never had a problem with mine , but I like the design

yooper
02-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the pic. Very slick! I am also interested in a retrofit. Mine have had a very inconsistent electrical connection since day one. I always have to play with them quite a bit while tightening to get a reliable signal. Hopefully this will help. Also, I stripped out the threads and had to Helicoil them also.

mmandley
02-18-2016, 06:53 PM
I spoke to Brian today and he said he was going to make an effort to come post in this thread about the new clamps.

What I gathered out of the conversation we had, not really about the clamps is Yes they can be retrofit, but not positive yet if its available.

13mobiusLSV
02-18-2016, 06:58 PM
Helped "tubby" out today, another forum member with his new sxt9's. The new design is very nice and very user friendly.

liquid_acid
04-28-2016, 09:28 PM
I spoke to Brian today and he said he was going to make an effort to come post in this thread about the new clamps.

What I gathered out of the conversation we had, not really about the clamps is Yes they can be retrofit, but not positive yet if its available.

Have you heard any word if these can be retrofitted to the new style?

yooper
04-29-2016, 01:48 PM
I emailed Brian at Exile and he said:

"Jamie- no not possible
There is a lot of things that have changed. If you want the new model sell your old ones and I'll get you a deal on new ones"

russellsmojo
05-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Anyone who has the new style... Is there a way to make the clamp hard to take off? I would like to leave them on overnight between outings but think they could get stolen real easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smorris7
05-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Anyone who has the new style... Is there a way to make the clamp hard to take off? I would like to leave them on overnight between outings but think they could get stolen real easy.

The answer is a simple no. These are very easy to take on and off. If there is ANY doubt, take them off. I have 3 pair and I never leave them on. Mainly because I do not want them exposed to the elements in TX but also as a security precaution.

mmandley
05-02-2016, 11:04 AM
The answer is a simple no. These are very easy to take on and off. If there is ANY doubt, take them off. I have 3 pair and I never leave them on. Mainly because I do not want them exposed to the elements in TX but also as a security precaution.

I think I have to disagree here, there is a locking bolt that goes threw the clamp that latches and locks it in place.

It doesn't come with the speakers as I expected, let me look into this a little more, because I also leave my towers on a lot and I want them to lock in place.

Just spoke to Brian and they originally designed this to have a locking clamp, there is a small hole in the thumb and you can see threads on the clamp it would allow a small allen set bolt to go in. The problem came when the clamps got produced and with the movement they don't always line up perfectly.

So from Exile standpoint, No they don't lock, from an Owners standpoint I am getting some small allen bolt to place in there.

I will update when I get a chance to get some this week.

dusty2221
05-02-2016, 11:20 AM
The 2 I added had the allen bolt included with the "clamp" locked into place.

mmandley
05-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Don't stir the pot LOL.

You got lucky then because they have been removing them out of every set, and I asked can customers that want them ask for them and he said NO, too much liability since they don't all work as intended LOL.

But you can buy your own hardware and DIY it.

russellsmojo
05-02-2016, 02:46 PM
Look forward to figuring this out. I am having some covers made for trailering and would like to just leave speakers on all the time since boat stays in covered storage.

russellsmojo
06-04-2016, 07:46 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160604/c3f755eb8f3e10da3c129a98e524861a.jpg

I used these to screw down clamps. I think it's gonna at least slow a thief down.