PDA

View Full Version : Family trip to Sarasota Flordia

wolff supra21v
02-15-2016, 12:07 PM
We are taking a family trip to Sarasota Fl. We fly into Tampa next Saturday 2-20 and we leave the following Saturday.

I was wondering if there is anything cool in the area to do??
It will be me, my wife, our 3 Kids (1,2, and 5 years old) plus her mom and dad.
We rent two vehicles so we can split up a little bit.
Right now we are planning a day at Clearwater Marine my daughter loves winter from dolphin tail. Also the house we rented is 3 blocks for the beach and they have kayaks we can use. So we thought a morning or two of that.

I was thinking of taking my wakeboard and hitting a cable park for a couple half days. I am kind of undecided on taking a my wake board.
The weather says high of 75 for most of next week. Is this pushing it thinking about wakeboarding and kayaking??

thanks

Jonathan

tantlingerbill
02-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Ringling Circus Museum is very cool

wolfeman131
02-15-2016, 01:11 PM
while up in Clearwater, hit Frenchy's on the beach for a grouper sammich!

A little South of Sarasota is Venice, FL. Set up a tour of the Phase 5 factory.

In Sarasota, take a tour of Siesta Key Rum

2212 Industrial Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34234

jmvotto
02-15-2016, 07:51 PM
Ooh that sounds like fun. Going to Marco fl south of Naples in April

P5 would be cool

kaneboats
02-16-2016, 11:15 AM
Go to the beach on Sanibel Island. Very pretty there.

yukon2007
02-16-2016, 11:29 AM
North of me (Ft. Meyers) is Revolution cable park. Really great set up and if you are daring enough try the ramps. Great facility. As for a beach go to Siesta Key. In my opinion it probably is the niecest beach in South FL.

tantlingerbill
02-18-2016, 06:18 AM
about an hour north of Sarasota, you can rent kayaks and cruise 5.5 miles down the Wiki Watchee springs. Very cool experience for the whole family - the manatees are currently in the springs.

I did this yesterday - I'd do it again. Single and double kayaks available.

wolff supra21v
02-18-2016, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the information. My family is getting real excited about this. I am going to try to schedule a tour for next week to Phase 5 factory today.
I was telling my wife I want to do the factory tour and she said how come I feel like we will be bring a new surfboard home. (she says this but she surfs a lot more then I do currently.)

I will have to check into Wiki Watchee Springs. We current rented a house with two Kayaks included.

thanks again

tantlingerbill
02-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Since you have kayaks available, you will only have to pay $5 per person to get a ride back to the start (they will trailer your kayaks).

Water is real warm and there is a rope swing and a platform high in a tree to jump off.

ghebert1111
02-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Since you have kayaks available, you will only have to pay $5 per person to get a ride back to the start (they will trailer your kayaks).

Water is real warm and there is a rope swing and a platform high in a tree to jump off.

Somewhere down in that area, there is a snorkeling with the Manatees tour. I thought it was going to be boot since I was from Satellite Beach and I had see all the manatees I would ever want to see. Boy was I wrong. It was fantastic. I'll check with my wife on where that was and the name.

kaneboats
02-18-2016, 04:17 PM
Gil, you ever surf at Sebastian Inlet?

wolff supra21v
02-18-2016, 04:49 PM
Drew you must be a celebrity I just called phase 5 and they said they do not do factory tours. I was really excited about this I was hoping to see a surf board factor.

ghebert1111
02-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Gil, you ever surf at Sebastian Inlet?

What I used to do can't be called surfing but yeah we used to go down there and surf and take the jet skis out there I'm trying to remember the beach bar down around that area we used to get kicked out of in high school, good times.

ghebert1111
02-18-2016, 08:45 PM
Somewhere down in that area, there is a snorkeling with the Manatees tour. I thought it was going to be boot since I was from Satellite Beach and I had see all the manatees I would ever want to see. Boy was I wrong. It was fantastic. I'll check with my wife on where that was and the name.

Sebastian Inn. Really good times back when the drinking age was 18.

ghebert1111
02-18-2016, 08:47 PM
Somewhere down in that area, there is a snorkeling with the Manatees tour.

http://www.riverventures.com/direction.html

That's the place we used but probably too far for from Sarasota.

kaneboats
02-18-2016, 11:14 PM
Sebastian Inn. Really good times back when the drinking age was 18.

Went to HS for a while in Vero Beach. We ran the concession at the inlet for awhile. Lots of good times down there.

ghebert1111
02-19-2016, 12:21 AM
Went to HS for a while in Vero Beach. We ran the concession at the inlet for awhile. Lots of good times down there.

I think I remember going down to play Vero back around 1980 and being awed by the concrete seating at the football field.

kaneboats
02-19-2016, 09:27 AM
Yea, we had a nice little "Citrus Bowl" there in Indian River County where the Fighting Indians played our home games. Won state in 1981. Of course I played BB, not FB by then.