PDA

View Full Version : 08 Moomba hard to start

RICKY NELSON
02-14-2016, 07:34 AM
I have a 2008 outback DD.The boat is hard to start cold or hot.It seems like it is not getting fuel.I can hear the fuel pump prime up.If i "bump" the key it seems easier to start at times. Any info or ideas on what it could be?

Rakkasan
02-14-2016, 10:00 AM
Your ignition switch may be going out. I had the same issue on my 08 LSV. The issue was the switch would stop giving accessory power when turned to the start position. Basically you turn it to start and it would lose power to the fuel pump. I found a pic somewhere that showed what wires went to what on the back of the ignition and "hot wired" the boat. Easy way to find out if it's the switch or not.

lee
02-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Has it had a tune up? Look under the distributor cap for corrosion and replace if so.

RICKY NELSON
02-14-2016, 11:29 PM
Has it had a tune up? Look under the distributor cap for corrosion and replace if so.

I will check that. Thanks.I replaced the plugs last year but not the cap. I cant tell if it is a fuel or fire problem.Im thinking fuel.

sivs1
02-15-2016, 09:22 AM
The fuel pump may be priming but is it actually feeding fuel? Check the fuel filter, quick cheap fix, I replace mine every season.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lee
02-15-2016, 12:01 PM
You could check the fuel pressure also after looking at the cap.