PDA

View Full Version : Potential boat buyer.

BrokeGuy
02-14-2016, 12:08 AM
Hopefully some of you guys could help. I've been talking to a dealer about a 2026 moomba. They are pretty much stuck on there price. Which is pretty much mrsp. After talking to a buddy of mine which sales cobalt boats. He said they have permission to drop the price of a 50k boat 5 to 6k. Anything more then that they have to get the general manager involve. Any experienced help would be awesome. I never buy anything new because I'm always searching for a deal. But the boat thing is a different story. Back to the question what did you guys lay for a moomba also what kind of discount did you get off the first price giving to you/MSRP.? There needs to be a trueboat like truecar

viking
02-14-2016, 01:48 AM
Well given that it's a 2026 they are speculating quite a few years in advance so I can see why they are not budging on price...........JK
You'll find a wide range of prices depending on dealer(s) and geographical location.

wolfeman131
02-14-2016, 01:58 AM
Cobalts are beautiful boats. Is your bud knocking $5k off a $50k Cobalt 200 or a $620k Cobalt A40?

It's tough enough to try and shop across directly competing brands, much less brands with little in common. And, it all boils down to supply & demand. If your dealer feels he can get MSRP, then that's at their risk or, their gain.

Good luck in the search for your new boat.

Chad.taylor07
02-14-2016, 02:47 AM
Where are you located? I know a Moomba dealer here in KY personally that could beat anybody. With that being said I would never buy a boat at MSRP. I got quoted a 2016 Supra SE fully loaded at 105 and the MSRP was 134k. There's room to play, trust me. Now if your looking at a mojo, mondo it won't be as much of a discount due to them being 50,60,70k boats but I bet there's atleast 5-10k off msrp that you could find elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
02-14-2016, 09:15 AM
I know a Moomba dealer here in KY personally that could beat anybody.

Do you mean beat any other brand or beat any other Moomba dealer? If you're talking about beating another Moomba dealer, did you know they have protected territories & your KY dealer would have to get the local dealer to agree to the sale as well as provide compensation?

jstenger
02-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Just curious, how do you know what a dealer's territory is?

patrick232
02-14-2016, 10:36 AM
Do you mean beat any other brand or beat any other Moomba dealer? If you're talking about beating another Moomba dealer, did you know they have protected territories & your KY dealer would have to get the local dealer to agree to the sale as well as provide compensation?

Drew if it's the dealer I know of in KY his pricing is within a percent or maybe two of my dealer Ohio or the one in Knoxville I also priced. One thing the KY dealer does move a ton of supra and moomba boats. The location they have between lake cumberland and dale hollow and service i have heard about is key to their success. Not many boat dealers go to two of the largest boat shows in their state.

patrick232
02-14-2016, 10:38 AM

When you type your zip in the Moomba or Supra site it will show you the dealer for your area. If I type in my address for work I get a Cincinnati dealer, I type in home address I get a Akron dealer. No inboard dealer in Columbus Ohio.

AugerIn00
02-14-2016, 11:17 AM
I just purchased a 2016 Mondo, and including the boat show deal that the manufacturer kicked in, mine came in about 4500 below MSRP.

viking
02-14-2016, 01:32 PM

Just shop around and try and buy from the best price dealer and if it's not in your territory I guarantee you'll find out.....haha.
Only applies to new models though as I understand holdovers and used then territories don't apply.
Personally I think the territory system keeps the bad dealers in business as the good dealers will never be short of customers. The system ensures that the bad dealers keep getting business. That's been my experience and part of the reason I jumped ship on SC.

BrokeGuy
02-14-2016, 03:11 PM
So if I drive to another state to buy a moomba. They will not sell it to me? I dont think so. If that's the way it is I need to be looking for a different boat. Hell I'm only 200 miles away from the moomba plant.

beat taco
02-14-2016, 03:52 PM
What manufacturers don't use territories?

Crane man
02-14-2016, 03:55 PM

All do. Not only boats but atvs, high end parts, tools, tires,...... All do

tater
02-14-2016, 03:58 PM

They all do as far as I know,I know Tige does ran into the same problem with them just a couple of months ago, and Nautique does as well.

beat taco
02-14-2016, 03:59 PM
As does Mastercraft, they'll fine dealers if they sell out of territory.

zabooda
02-14-2016, 04:20 PM
I don't play that territory BS. In fact, if I stuck a deal nobody else would know. When it comes to transactions anything is game. ATV and dirt bikes? I have those sources too and they try that game and there is a pseudo boycott of the local ATV and motorcycle dealers because of their incompetence and a lack of discounts for the local riding club. I have allegiance to none.

russellsmojo
02-14-2016, 05:27 PM
Hopefully some of you guys could help. I've been talking to a dealer about a 2026 moomba. They are pretty much stuck on there price. Which is pretty much mrsp. After talking to a buddy of mine which sales cobalt boats. He said they have permission to drop the price of a 50k boat 5 to 6k. Anything more then that they have to get the general manager involve. Any experienced help would be awesome. I never buy anything new because I'm always searching for a deal. But the boat thing is a different story. Back to the question what did you guys lay for a moomba also what kind of discount did you get off the first price giving to you/MSRP.? There needs to be a trueboat like truecar

I think that I am not getting enough off unless the general manager has to come out and introduce him or herself to me. Do your homework on what you want, look at timing( season, end of month, etc), and make an offer that you could come up a little if necassary. Be willing to walk away. Their job is to sell you the boat as high as possible and your job is to get lowest price( best deal). Last thing is to have a backup boat even if used so they know you are serious and ready to write the check.

KG's Supra24
02-14-2016, 05:36 PM
I think that I am not getting enough off unless the general manager has to come out and introduce him or herself to me. Do your homework on what you want, look at timing( season, end of month, etc), and make an offer that you could come up a little if necassary. Be willing to walk away. Their job is to sell you the boat as high as possible and your job is to get lowest price( best deal). Last thing is to have a backup boat even if used so they know you are serious and ready to write the check.

Agreed ... and you can't expect the dealer to give you their best price until you show you ARE buying a boat.

At minimum, you should be using the boat shows specials as leverage.

Have you made an actual offer and had it declined?

BrokeGuy
02-14-2016, 06:14 PM
Have a credit app in right now to make sure the rates are going to be low. Once I hear back about that it will be time to talk money or walk away.

That Guy
02-14-2016, 06:23 PM
My .02 from shopping and buying a new boat last year. There is plenty of markup on a Moomba and the other brands, and if the dealer and manufacturer want to work on the price they can and will. That's exactly what happened to me last year, to the tune of about 20% off of msrp.

BrokeGuy
02-14-2016, 06:48 PM
If we could go 20% of MSRP. I will be there Saturday. Lol

BrokeGuy
02-14-2016, 08:04 PM
If we could go 20% of MSRP. I will be there Saturday. Lol

Heck I might even take a day off.

That Guy
02-14-2016, 10:33 PM
Lol. If it would do you any good I'd have no problem proving it by posting my bill of sale. Unfortunately everything varies. Time, options, locations, dealers, etc. I'm just speaking from experience. Keep working them over. I'd imagine you have time...nobody is getting in the water around here for months.

BamaMojo
02-15-2016, 12:01 AM
All do. Not only boats but atvs, high end parts, tools, tires,...... All do

They do but as far as I know they do not impede on the consumers ability to shop their brand with other dealers. One day someone will litigate and this will go away. Between the dealer agreements that take away consumers ability to shop a competitive price within the same brand and 20 groups, I believe that it would be easy to connect the dots for the FTC (or a great attorney)in regards to price fixing. Jmo

sivs1
02-15-2016, 09:57 AM
They do but as far as I know they do not impede on the consumers ability to shop their brand with other dealers. One day someone will litigate and this will go away. Between the dealer agreements that take away consumers ability to shop a competitive price within the same brand and 20 groups, I believe that it would be easy to connect the dots for the FTC (or a great attorney)in regards to price fixing. Jmo

My wife is an attorney. You hit the nail on the head. I had a dealer tell me that if I bought a boat from a different dealer he would not provide service, even warranty work. Let's just say the manufacturer was not happy about it as I went with a brand other than theirs. This territory thing is bull $#'+, what if I moved into a new territory and already own?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
02-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Yall are letting a couple salesman ruffle your feathers. Shop everywhere to find what you want, throw the money down and let them figure out the logistics. It may make their margins a little slimmer but very few of the dealers are moving enough boats to lose a deal over a few bucks.

There will be a service issue as nearly all dealerships provide service to customers first.

I was shopping axis and found nearly the exact boat I wanted 2 hours away. (I have a dealer in town) The negotiations got down to "there is no more room in the price because I've got a fee to pay your local dealer or I can budge if you will bring your boat here for all service"

Imo, find the boat you want, work the deal and let them figure out any inside issues. Just be mindful of possible service issues. When buying a 60k boat, I wouldn't let a couple salesman dictate which ones "are available to you"

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

sandm
02-15-2016, 10:49 AM
I agree with kg. there are dealers that will sell outside of territories and ways to work around it.
there are some dealers that will not sell out of territory and those, in my experience, are big dealers that don't really care if they make the sale.
or wait and shop a leftover model. then all dealer territories are out the window.

ghebert1111
02-15-2016, 11:21 AM
I didn't realize how lucky I was when I bought my boat last year. I was shopping Skiers Marine in Alabama but I found a great deal at Atlanta Marine, almost bought Drew's used Mojo. I happened to mention that I had shopped Skiers Marine to the sales girl and she said she needed to call them and kind of Ok the deal. She did, they said fine, I bought the boat and Skiers has been great on service.

wolfeman131
02-15-2016, 01:07 PM
My .02 from shopping and buying a new boat last year. There is plenty of markup on a Moomba and the other brands, and if the dealer and manufacturer want to work on the price they can and will. That's exactly what happened to me last year, to the tune of about 20% off of msrp.

you didn't buy a Skier's Choice boat, so comparing what you rec'd off MSRP isn't "apples to apples."

I see this every year at the Atlanta Boat show - someone wants to make a deal and starts talking about how a competitive brand is offering X% off and wants the same on a Moomba. When I ask what the OTD number is (i.e. what they are PAYING for the boat) and do some easy math to point out what is normally a significant price variance, they usually end up in a Moomba.

That Guy
02-15-2016, 01:20 PM
you didn't buy a Skier's Choice boat, so comparing what you rec'd off MSRP isn't "apples to apples."

I see this every year at the Atlanta Boat show - someone wants to make a deal and starts talking about how a competitive brand is offering X% off and wants the same on a Moomba. When I ask what the OTD number is (i.e. what they are PAYING for the boat) and do some easy math to point out what is normally a significant price variance, they usually end up in a Moomba.

While this is true I was directly shopping a Mondo against what I bought and have all my conversations/documents via email and text that show the dealer did come down that much off sticker, so it is too 100% apples to apples. It was unfortunate for them that it was a hair too late. Boat shopping is a different beast than most other large purchases...I learned this last year many different ways.

That Guy
02-15-2016, 01:24 PM
In the end I'm glad I didn't end up with a Mondo as I would've been a sore loser hearing about the Craz just a few months later knowing that I really wanted a 22' boat, and that's what I purchased. Now that Moomba offers the Craz I may have opted for that over what I purchased, but I have no regrets and love my boat.

Btw, for anyone who thinks you can't get 20% on a boat, even a Moomba, you're wrong. I'm sure everyone is happy with their purchases, and that's great, but to lay a blanket statement saying it's impossible is just wrong.

icemanftr
02-15-2016, 03:08 PM
In the end I'm glad I didn't end up with a Mondo as I would've been a sore loser hearing about the Craz just a few months later knowing that I really wanted a 22' boat, and that's what I purchased. Now that Moomba offers the Craz I may have opted for that over what I purchased, but I have no regrets and love my boat.

Btw, for anyone who thinks you can't get 20% on a boat, even a Moomba, you're wrong. I'm sure everyone is happy with their purchases, and that's great, but to lay a blanket statement saying it's impossible is just wrong.

Centurion is really bad about marking their boats up. I see many boats that were previously listed for 100-110k going for 75. Not that I would ever buy a Centurion, but they along with Nautique push MSRP way about 20% on many boats. That's why you can find 30-40k off on many of last years models.

RickT
02-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Broke,

If we can be of any assistance in this matter, don't hesitate to let us know. Boat show incentives are still applicable in most areas! Maybe I can put a word in with your local dealer... :).

Good Luck in your search,

Rick

evoimport6
02-15-2016, 08:17 PM
I'm very happy with the dealership where I bought my mojo.. With that said I wish they would open a shop up in Louisville so I could have service done here. I Would definitely buy another from them. I think a supra might be in order next.

BrokeGuy
02-15-2016, 08:46 PM
Rick,

I'm hoping for a boat I looked at priced around 73k which appears to be full MSRP. To be fined tuned down to about 65k

RickT
02-15-2016, 10:33 PM
Rick,

I'm hoping for a boat I looked at priced around 73k which appears to be full MSRP. To be fined tuned down to about 65k

My email is [email protected]. Which dealer are you working with?

patrick232
02-16-2016, 08:22 AM
My email is [email protected]. Which dealer are you working with?

And this is why I'm on my 3rd Moomba and looking forward to my 4th in a few years.

DFTR Josh
02-16-2016, 10:37 AM
And this is why I'm on my 3rd Moomba
I've only heard about their service and have seen it in person myself. Ordered my first Moomba and plan to have a long standing relationship with my dealer and Skiers Choice. Good luck BrokeGuy...

MJHSupra
02-16-2016, 08:47 PM
This is awesome, Moomba Price Negotiations on the Forum with RickT.
73K, do I hear 70K?
How about 68K and they toss in some upgrade wheels?

. . . pass me a beer and keep it going. Winter it too long.

BrokeGuy
02-16-2016, 10:44 PM
This is awesome, Moomba Price Negotiations on the Forum with RickT.
73K, do I hear 70K?
How about 68K and they toss in some upgrade wheels?

. . . pass me a beer and keep it going. Winter it too long.

I have a few months before I need it. Plus I've only be looking for 3 years.

MJHSupra
02-17-2016, 10:03 AM
I have a few months before I need it. Plus I've only be looking for 3 years.

I know the feeling. Been accused of the "analysis paralysis" when i was looking at boats and the different companies.

sivs1
02-17-2016, 10:23 AM
I know the feeling. Been accused of the "analysis paralysis" when i was looking at boats and the different companies.

That's funny, the first boat I bought was in my budget and seemed everything we wanted, really enjoyed it. Did not lake test it until paperwork was signed and money transferred to the dealer. When I bought the Mobius LSV, I knew we wanted an inboard for surfing and again, boat was in budget and did not lake test it until after signed and money transferred to dealer. The LSV was a very good learning tool for us in regards to what we "want" to do with a boat and what we expect from a boat. We put more hours on the LSV in one season then we did the entire time we owned the Stingray. Now, time for the SA, honestly was ready to jump ship from Skiers Choice as nothing was in budget, my LSV dealer was Marine Products and I looked at their inventory of new and used boats, nothing was in budget.... long story short, I stretched my budget by $5k to get into the SA. Again I have not lake tested it, I have spent very little time in and around the boat even though I now own it. I am hoping the research I have done is sufficient.

All I can say, bite the bullet and just move forward on something, you'll be happy you did. Right now I still own the LSV, it's for sale, and the the SA450. If I could keep both I would, i like them both that much. Overall, my Moomba has been flawless even though it's 10 years old, SC makes a great product, I did spend more time on the new Supra's rather than the Moomba's at the boat show, but the CRAZ is one crazy amazing boat for the price point IMO. Good Luck, keep us informed and please use Rick to help anyway he can... :)

BrokeGuy
02-17-2016, 08:05 PM
Here I am saying I'd take it for 65000. But a more reasonable approach is less. 65000 is the max before I back out.

BamaMojo
02-17-2016, 08:16 PM
Here I am saying I'd take it for 65000. But a more reasonable approach is less. 65000 is the max before I back out.

That price is tough on the 16 Mojo. The dealer margins on the Moomba is not as healthy as other brands out there. The dealer does need to be profitable to stay in business. Look at it like this, a good sized auto dealer sells 200 cars per month and a comparable good size boat dealer sells maybe 200/ year.
I would not walk away over a couple thousand dollars considering the amount of fun you and your family will have on this boat. My kids now love the lake and are even riding this Sunday in mid 50 degree water.
If new ends up more than you can stomach look at a 15 close out model. There are very few differences in the two model years and if it means getting a model you like then do it! Again, you are buying memories and lifestyle here, not just a boat! Good Luck!
Your dealer should still have a few 15's as well! I have friends that have bought from them and enjoyed the service!

ghebert1111
02-17-2016, 08:34 PM
That price is tough on the 16 Mojo. The dealer margins on the Moomba is not as healthy as other brands out there. The dealer does need to be profitable to stay in business. Look at it like this, a good sized auto dealer sells 200 cars per month and a comparable good size boat dealer sells maybe 200/ year.
I would not walk away over a couple thousand dollars considering the amount of fun you and your family will have on this boat. My kids now love the lake and are even riding this Sunday in mid 50 degree water.
If new ends up more than you can stomach look at a 15 close out model. There are very few differences in the two model years and if it means getting a model you like then do it! Again, you are buying memories and lifestyle here, not just a boat! Good Luck!
Your dealer should still have a few 15's as well! I have friends that have bought from them and enjoyed the service!

I agree with BamaMojo. I was looking at 2015s last spring/Summer but couldn't get the deal I was looking for. Then I was offered a deal on leftover 2014 that was too good of a deal to pass up. We were on the lake last year every weekend from the week we bought it until the Gators started losing. We had so much fun last year on the boat, my wife has OK'd the search for a lake house.

JASONZ
02-18-2016, 02:16 PM
You will never get the price until you make an offer....figure out the boat you want and make a lower offer. Don't buy the 16's because Moomba has the territory and it's really hard to get the deal. The dealers can sell used and leftover 15's to anyone. I made about 8 offers before I got my last one. I would tell you what I paid but no one would believe me.

BrokeGuy
02-18-2016, 07:03 PM
I don't like any of the 2015 that are left. That's my problem. I could wait until they role out 2017 ;)

smokedog2
02-18-2016, 08:04 PM
11 years with an LSV. Ditto, buy what you want. You will need service. Don't be the highest mx customer. IF you use it, money well spent.

BrokeGuy
02-19-2016, 09:46 PM
Tomorrow is the day. Hopefully they can get me down to around 61k with a decent amount of options on a craz. Not the same craz that had a 73000 msrp. Since the boat we originally looking at was sold which was a left over mojo with a lot of options for 60545. After running numbers at a selling price of 61k at the end of the loan its going to be 81,047. It makes much more sense to fund my mutual fund for that amount of time it would be worth over 100,000. The things we want in life that we can't pay cash for when we want it.

DFTR Josh
02-19-2016, 11:21 PM
Hopefully they can get me down to around 61k
That's crazy low for a Craz I would think unless they chose the boat and zero options. After everything with my Craz on order getting a $61k boat is a hell of a deal with options. Unless I missed it and you would like to start at $61k with trailer, basic stereo, standard ballast, no AF2.0, etc. and work up from there with options. Either way, good luck tomorrow and can't wait to see another Craz owner!

BrokeGuy
02-19-2016, 11:47 PM
Surf package is free right now:D

jtatexc
02-20-2016, 12:29 AM
61k for a craz is either stripped down or you're stealing it. Even with surf, that's only like 2500 bucks if my memory was right on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jstenger
02-20-2016, 12:36 AM
MSRP is $59980 for a no option Craz on the Moomba website.

Crane man
02-20-2016, 01:02 AM
61k for a craz is either stripped down or you're stealing it. Even with surf, that's only like 2500 bucks if my memory was right on mine.

Has to be. I bought my mondo close to end of season and paid 64 ish. It is loaded minus heaters. Still less than sticker on bare bones and I'm sure some one got better deal but after 3 years of looking for used and really wanting the mondo since first year out cluld not pass up what I got. If you can touch a craz for under 70 you are doing ��

jtatexc
02-20-2016, 01:06 AM
I agree, cuz if you end up with a craz for 61k, I don't know that you're happy with the extras. I am not going to say what I paid for mine because we have a close family friend who runs the dealership and we were the first in CO to get one so got a pretty good deal, but it def was NOT 61k

BamaMojo
02-20-2016, 01:23 AM
That is a DEAL! Great boat for the $$.

Crane man
02-20-2016, 03:57 AM
That is a DEAL! Great boat for the $$.

Yes it is, if it has 2.0 and badaxx sound with gps speed control. Lol even stock 61k is crazy deal. Upgrades will cost but depends on the owner with what they want.

BrokeGuy
02-20-2016, 08:49 PM
Was told they only have 2k to move on the boat. I guess they think im not ready to buy a boat. Also had time to go test ride in a axis if i could get over the looks the wake and surf was nicer than the craz. which i guess is what truly matters.

tater
02-20-2016, 09:11 PM
Was told they only have 2k to move on the boat. I guess they think im not ready to buy a boat. Also had time to go test ride in a axis if i could get over the looks the wake and surf was nicer than the craz. which i guess is what truly matters.

The Tige R Series with the Taps system could be an option they are in the 60K +price range.

BrokeGuy
02-20-2016, 10:13 PM
The Tige R Series with the Taps system could be an option they are in the 60K +price range.

Hmmm! I remember seeing a few out on the lake last year but forgot all about them until now. The surf on the cobalt is nice. Although not in my choices of a boat.

jtatexc
02-20-2016, 10:21 PM
I was actually between an a20, r20 and mondo when shopping. When I found out about the craz I was sold! Few grand more for exactly what I wanted. My last boat was a 2006 tige 22v so I was trying to be loyal to tige's but couldn't get over how cramped that interior felt to the moomba. The axis my wife shot down within minutes of seeing it. She called it cheap and ugly right away which is not a rare opinion these days sadly. The moomba's to me are just so much bang for buck. When I took delivery not once did i have the thought or feeling of being short-changed. I was straight pumped with the decision. The a20 and r20 really are smaller boats. The mondo in my opinion is almost as big inside as a lot of other 22' boats out there.
Most will agree that aggressive boat show pricing is around the 10% mark off msrp if you haggle pretty hard ( a few surely have done better and surely many more worse). I bet if you got to sit down stage you could get a few more bucks off but based on your original post of wanting that 61k mark that just isn't very likely. They have 2k in freight alone to get it to you (that isn't covered on the moomba side, it's the dealer side). My thought is anything well loaded in the 65 to 70k range you're doing pretty well depending on what toys you pick (+taxes obviously).

BrokeGuy
02-20-2016, 10:32 PM
Some options on the boat from the show i care nothing about. Taxes for me cap at 300.

jtatexc
02-20-2016, 10:36 PM
What I would say is build one on the site how you want it, go in and tell them you want it for 10% less than msrp plus the freight (so like 2 to 3k depending where you are and what they pay). Some dealers at this point are still willing to play with boat show pricing, although some arent.

MJHSupra
02-21-2016, 01:46 PM
I agree with that. The build route gives you the exact options and colors. Doing so now sounds like you might get a option or two thrown in w/boat show incentives.

From year/year, when do these boats go down in price?

When someone comes out with the next 'more striped down' model?

I'm not the boat guy, my next would be the loaded up 2-4 year old used one. So I have a few more years before my SG or SA450 (new hull) search starts.

BrokeGuy
02-21-2016, 07:42 PM
I'm locked into boat show incentives. My wife is not going to go for building a boat. Atleast from the talk we had about it and the turn around time. She is stuck on one boat from the moomba dealer. She also has her eye on a few other boats. I guess at the end of the week we will know which boat we will be sporting this summer. I just hope it's not the pontoon again.:cool:

jtatexc
02-21-2016, 07:54 PM
Unless it's a 2015 carryover, you're gonna get as good of a deal doing a custom build. That is the purpose of the boat show. They can sell a boat they technically don't have to stock. You're gonna get about the same deal building one the way you want it as the one the had at the show. They aren't gonna budge a ton on the one they already have cuz no offense to you but if you don't want it someone else surely will. My point is that you might as well entertain the custom build route, it doesn't cost you more and if you aren't intersted in those extra features as you mentioned you may do better that route

tater
02-21-2016, 10:33 PM
Also go to the boat show when there is a Moomba rep there from SC,when i ordered my boat a Rep was there and they thru in some other stuff for free nothing major but it was stuff that i didnt want to spend the money on and they thru it in anyway.

BrokeGuy
02-21-2016, 10:59 PM
The boat I'm looking at seems to be brand new. It's not on there website yet. At the end of the show I was the only one to put a hold on it.

jtatexc
02-21-2016, 11:05 PM
The boat show boats are all new, the dealer just orders them to have something for quick sale and to showcase what the models are that you can build. Again, my advice is price out a model EXACTLY how you would like it built and take that online quote in and see what they can do. Either come down off thst msrp from the one you build or come down on their inventory. You having a hold on the boat shoe model just means others elected to build their own

viking
02-21-2016, 11:11 PM
Some good advice given in this thread. But as the saying goes......you can lead a horse to h20 but can't make them drink!!

wolfeman131
02-22-2016, 02:26 PM

what dealer are you working with?

MJHSupra
02-22-2016, 03:36 PM
I'm locked into boat show incentives. My wife is not going to go for building a boat. Atleast from the talk we had about it and the turn around time. She is stuck on one boat from the moomba dealer. She also has her eye on a few other boats. I guess at the end of the week we will know which boat we will be sporting this summer. I just hope it's not the pontoon again.:cool:

Just curious, what is the turn-around time that is quoted?

I know the dealers put the orders in with SC on what they think they will sell. What they think will interest people. I'm sure the plan for showing what they order at the boat show (new boats). In 2015, my dealer had the new boats. If someone wanted a 'cheaper price', they had a few 2014 holdovers back at the shop they pointed people to. Bad colors, thus why they still had them.

I thought that was the common answer at the boat shows:
They have a boat with X, Y, and Z on it.
If you like the price but want different options, they quote you one to build with X and Y.

I also agree with that other post. Times are good in the wake boat world. If someone does not buy that boat at the boat show, they will move on b/c someone in the market will

Pontoons, oh boy.

BrokeGuy
02-22-2016, 07:16 PM
12 weeks turn around. Oh yes pontoon. It is fun just limited. It's kind of funny talking to people about buying a wake boat when they know that I fish alot. BTW the pontoon is not a fishing boat. I have an old bass tracker for fishing.

RickT
02-22-2016, 09:07 PM
MJH,

It is normally 6 to 8 weeks lead time, depending on the dealer and their frequency of orders.

DFTR Josh
02-22-2016, 09:18 PM
It is normally 6 to 8 weeks lead time, depending on the dealer and their frequency of orders
And the waiting game begins for us and the new Craz... Now only if we can get a few build pictures to pass the time ;)

MJHSupra
02-22-2016, 10:07 PM
Thanks. 6-8 is not bad.

Crane man
02-23-2016, 03:21 AM
12 weeks turn around. Oh yes pontoon. It is fun just limited. It's kind of funny talking to people about buying a wake boat when they know that I fish alot. BTW the pontoon is not a fishing boat. I have an old bass tracker for fishing.

That is too funny. My friends and family all asked where the livewell was on my mondo. Still rockin the 78 sylvan 14' fishin boat. That old girl has had more fish landed and more meals on the table than any "pro" boat.I love my Mondo though and was so happy to get a real towboat when I signed the title last august. Good luck on your hunt.

BrokeGuy
02-24-2016, 08:35 PM
Just a update for you guys. I am still trying to work a deal with moomba. Salesman wants me to get in another boat. Not sure if moomba will be my boat of 2016 at this time.

KG's Supra24
02-24-2016, 09:05 PM
What boats are you shopping?

BrokeGuy
02-24-2016, 10:38 PM
Craz, Axis T22, Tige R seris, and mastercraft nxt which is at the top of my budget.

BrokeGuy
02-24-2016, 10:39 PM
How many of you guys have white decks, How hard is it to keep clean? How do you like it?

BamaMojo
02-24-2016, 11:18 PM
How many of you guys have white decks, How hard is it to keep clean? How do you like it?

I find the white or platinum easier to keep clean Ina deck.

BrokeGuy
02-24-2016, 11:31 PM
How is it on the eyes in the sun?

DFTR Josh
02-24-2016, 11:32 PM
Craz, Axis T22, Tige R seris, and mastercraft nxt which is at the top of my budget
Demo all and make your choice. Don't go just on word, everything is different and what will work better for you and your family. For myself and I did take the Craz over anything else out there. Not sure on Tige but I would skip the NXT and Axis but again take them all on the water and demo. Heck have all of them bring their boats the same day and get side by side demo's.

DFTR Josh
02-24-2016, 11:44 PM
I've only owned white decks and man they are nice in the hot temps. I have been on so many colored decks and the temp difference is amazing. White is just as much work as black. Don't lack on cleaning and you will be golden. Heck I chose the worst of what anybody would say... White deck, super white interior, and a black hull. My last boat was the same way and you really know when I show up on and off the water. 4 years and my black hull looked show room ready.. I can't wait to show off the Craz when it comes time to list it...

How is it on the eyes in the sun?
I've always said with mine... Don't forget your shades :cool:
Here's when I sold it...

smorris7
02-25-2016, 10:22 PM
Craz, Axis T22, Tige R seris, and mastercraft nxt which is at the top of my budget.

Craz and T22 are really the only comparable boats in your list. I think you will find the Craz to have the better fit and finish. I would def. go ride behind each that way in the end you can feel good about the choice you make.

BrokeGuy
02-28-2016, 09:27 AM
After a long month back and forth with the help of Rick and South town. We placed our order for a 2016 Moomba Craz. It has been a stressful experience buying our first boat. With the help from Rick and South Town we made it happen. Spray date is some time this week. We are so excited :cool:. Thank you to everyone who has helped with our month long journey.

BrokeGuy
02-28-2016, 09:33 AM
Also DFTR Josh and my boat should be in the building process at the same time. I am pretty sure that our spray date is only 2-3 days apart.

sivs1
02-28-2016, 10:45 AM
Congrats on finalizing your choice, I've been very happy with SC and am sure you will be as well. Can't wait to see pics.

viking
02-28-2016, 01:24 PM
I think you definitely make the right choice. Not discounting the wake of the the Axis but I just crawled around them yesterday at local show and fit/finish is terrible. Cheapest feeling boat I've seen in along time. Plus the tower and windshield are fugly.

BamaMojo
02-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Great choice! Post pics when she arrives!

DFTR Josh
02-28-2016, 10:09 PM
Also DFTR Josh and my boat should be in the building process at the same time. I am pretty sure that our spray date is only 2-3 days apart.
If you figure out how to get build pics make sure to look for the legit gunmetal boat... Congrats on the order.

BrokeGuy
03-20-2016, 07:40 PM
The wife and I was able to go tour skiers choice while our boat was being built. I was able to snap a picture as the guy walked away. Now it's time to find speaker mounts for my s bend tower. So I can hang hang a set of jl audio speakers from it.

Jceclipse01
03-20-2016, 10:08 PM
Let's see that picture you snapped

KG's Supra24
03-20-2016, 10:13 PM
This is what you are working with

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03/20/3b502df15a185915a9866f6e921cf710.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03/20/115d1a2d0bb9ed0cfd592bd0a9480ed4.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03/20/f3ba81b5580f3a79952439a30be33bdc.jpg

BrokeGuy
03-21-2016, 07:01 AM
Yes sir that would be it.

BrokeGuy
03-27-2016, 09:57 PM
Here you guys go. It has finally arrived. A huge thanks to the guys at Southtown water sports and skiers choice. It has been a pleasure buying my craz.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160328/fe663d7f33c716193abd76a87b23548e.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160328/206dbd97590ecfe49cebdb56b1498392.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160328/9194524e8cdfd7c280091ece72c5f9fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
03-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Right on Broke! Got my first hour on the Craz yesterday and WOW. Can't wait to see it on the water and what you think about it. Didn't know how much I would care but the dome light on the S Bend tower is perfect. Hope to get my Craz on the water during the dark when the weather warms up a bit.

BrettLee3232
03-27-2016, 11:19 PM
Looks good! Congrats!

Mobius22
03-28-2016, 08:05 AM
Nice!!! Sick looking Craz. Congrats!

kaneboats
03-28-2016, 09:59 AM
Schweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Congrats.

jtatexc
03-28-2016, 10:03 AM
Looks great man! You're gonna love it! How soon until you start putting hours rising it? Also, just curious, would you mind grabbing a measurement of how high it is with the s-bend down? I am curious if collapsed it is higher or lower than the aviator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
03-28-2016, 11:52 AM
Keep on posting pics. Nice colors.

Reading the earlier posts, don't get too stressed, every new boat will have a kink or two to work out.

Enjoy the ride of a new boat on the water.

Connolly_Crew
03-28-2016, 12:45 PM
Great choice! Enjoy!

mattsask
03-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Love the colors!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

BrokeGuy
03-28-2016, 10:03 PM
Was able to rack up a few hours tonight. Tomorrow I will get you measurements. So far everything has been good. The break in period stinks. Also I noticed when out today at lower rpms basically idle speed. The port side speaker box rattles like crazy.

DFTR Josh
03-29-2016, 09:57 AM
Let's see it on the water!

Connolly_Crew
03-29-2016, 07:50 PM
Was able to rack up a few hours tonight. Tomorrow I will get you measurements. So far everything has been good. The break in period stinks. Also I noticed when out today at lower rpms basically idle speed. The port side speaker box rattles like crazy.

That is just a thin formed plastic piece holding in those speakers. Adding a backing( hdpe) may help with stiffening that section.
Beautiful boat!

MJHSupra
03-29-2016, 11:45 PM

Wait to you hit a few wakes at higher speeds. That will rattle anything loose that needs to be tightened.

When I test drove my (used) Supra with the dealer, a 2" bolt fell on the floor when we hit a wake. It fell from the under the dash.

I laughed and said: "that's a thousand dollar bolt". The sales guy asked me what I was talking about.

I told him the offer, I did not give him yet, just went down a thousand bucks.

To this day, I have no idea where it came from. I've looked and looked.

Years and years later, nothing like that ever happened again.

Wax
03-30-2016, 08:53 AM
Holy crap that's a pretty boat!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BrokeGuy
04-04-2016, 09:10 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160405/7e285579b1158f8d5d9b2d4e7b723195.jpg :cool: :cool: :cool:

DFTR Josh
04-04-2016, 10:03 PM
^^ Break in complete! ^^

KG's Supra24
04-04-2016, 10:39 PM
But it may have run a ground!

viking
04-04-2016, 11:43 PM
But it may have run a ground!

LOL that was my first thought. "Break In" NOT Break It

BrokeGuy
04-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Lol that's is just as I pulled it on the trailer.

icemanftr
04-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Wish the water was 66 this time of year.

Crane man
04-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Wish the water was 66 this time of year.

Wish the air temp was 60

patrick232
04-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Wish the air temp was 60

I would like the mid 50's for air temps right now.

icemanftr
04-05-2016, 07:10 PM
I would like the mid 50's for air temps right now.

Gonna be 80 by Friday here in Spokane, WA. Water still cold AF though. Lol

BrokeGuy
04-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Looks great man! You're gonna love it! How soon until you start putting hours rising it? Also, just curious, would you mind grabbing a measurement of how high it is with the s-bend down? I am curious if collapsed it is higher or lower than the aviator.

Here you go. Rough measurements should be pretty close though. The measurements are taken on the trailer so this is on trailer from ground up. 11ft with the tower up. 9 ft with the tower down and racks turned on the out side. 9 ft 4 in with the racks folded to the inside of the boat.

jtatexc
04-09-2016, 07:58 PM
Here you go. Rough measurements should be pretty close though. The measurements are taken on the trailer so this is on trailer from ground up. 11ft with the tower up. 9 ft with the tower down and racks turned on the out side. 9 ft 4 in with the racks folded to the inside of the boat.
Oh wow so its a foot taller with the s bend. That is really good info for future buyers. I was thinking the s bend might have dropped lower than the aviator, guess i was wrong. Thanks for getting that!

BrokeGuy
04-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Anytime.

C Lord
04-09-2016, 09:06 PM
New to the site, looking into buying a used Moomba. I have found a 2009 mobius lsv lime/black with everything PP, ballasts, 3 amps, tower speakers, news interior for 27K
or a 2001 mobius V, with the same other than no PP and carbureted for 19.5K Both boats are in great shape 476 hrs on 09 and 400 hrs on 01. Way n what ya think!

C Lord
04-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Which one should i go for the money?

JHutch
04-09-2016, 10:27 PM
That 09 seems like a steal at that price.

C Lord
04-09-2016, 11:01 PM
I think so, 09 books around 33, 01 books around 20k. Both are very well taken care of and are very nice boats. Im leaning toward the 09 as well for the simple fact of efi,PP, and the value. I have several spotted between 2000 and 2009 anywhere from 16k to 30k. if anyone else is interested once i pick the one i want.

parrothd
04-10-2016, 12:09 AM
No question the 09..

Wax
04-10-2016, 11:06 AM
That's a great deal for a 09, no question it's the better deal. The 01 isn't a bad deal but if you're not constrained by budget by all means get that 09 and don't wait as it'll be snatched up quick.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

BrokeGuy
04-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Being a full time automotive technician I'd stay away from carburetors.

MJHSupra
04-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Being a full time automotive technician I'd stay away from carburetors.

That's what I was saying today as I was rebuilding my ATV carb . . . actually taking it apart the 2nd time b/c I did not get the proper adjustment on the float.

beat taco
04-11-2016, 02:10 AM
I'm the opposite on atv's, rejet for $20 vs $300 computer, learned the hard way lol

parrothd
04-11-2016, 09:15 AM
I prefer carbed too, no computer or sensors..:)

BrokeGuy
04-18-2016, 10:09 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160419/a6eb2f7453029f9d281b606d26f839d2.jpg

Better pictures will come hopefully soon. My photographer stays busy with his business. If the weather holds up toward the beginning of may. I will have a ton of pictures with some from above.

BrokeGuy
05-25-2016, 09:51 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160526/66ce433d6602be32ef4b22f01c54b5d8.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160526/c4526659d092e27fa7712e7417328391.jpg