PDA

View Full Version : Mojo ballast

kenn1282
02-11-2016, 10:34 PM
I'm wanting to swap out my factory 650 bags to the 1100s but just ran across some new info. My current bags fill in the bottom. Do I have to change the configuration to fill 1100s. (Do they have to fill from the top?) just saw it mentioned in another thread and didn't want to hijack that one. I was hoping for a simple swap out. I guess some plumbing may be involved? Help a brother out. Still learning everything here.

Also how is your ibs plumbed. My 750 ibs was installed by the dealer and I ended up cracking my hard tank last summer. Dealer claimed it was a bad tank but I have my doubts. They replaced the hard tank but I would like to make sure it doesn't happen again. Keep it simple for me. Like I said I'm still learning about everything.

jeamk03
02-11-2016, 11:42 PM
I'm wanting to swap out my factory 650 bags to the 1100s but just ran across some new info. My current bags fill in the bottom. Do I have to change the configuration to fill 1100s. (Do they have to fill from the top?) just saw it mentioned in another thread and didn't want to hijack that one. I was hoping for a simple swap out. I guess some plumbing may be involved? Help a brother out. Still learning everything here.

Also how is your ibs plumbed. My 750 ibs was installed by the dealer and I ended up cracking my hard tank last summer. Dealer claimed it was a bad tank but I have my doubts. They replaced the hard tank but I would like to make sure it doesn't happen again. Keep it simple for me. Like I said I'm still learning about everything.
You can get 1100s that fill from bottom. Got mine from wakemakers. They work great. No reconfiguration was needed. Took about 15 mins to swap out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jstenger
02-11-2016, 11:43 PM
1100's fill from the bottom just like the 650's. Get the Wakemaker brand. They have larger ports than the Fly Highs.

tubby
02-11-2016, 11:45 PM
I added 1100's pretty easily...should just be "plug and play" for you. The ones i have are a little long. I thought about buying the "enzo" bags from wakemakers for a better fit and better distribution but im probably over thinking it. Just remember to adjust your fill and empty times on the ballast menu.

kenn1282
02-12-2016, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the speedy responses!

So nobody has had any issues with the fittings leaking due to the weight of the bags pushing on them?

jtatexc
02-12-2016, 01:39 AM
In my craz i also swapped my 750s for 1100s that fill from the bottom, also got from wake makers. They fill from the bottom and several trips and no issues yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

muehlcj
02-12-2016, 07:36 AM
Swapped mine for 1100's also. Fill from bottom. No issues.

BamaMojo
02-12-2016, 08:30 AM

Do you have a surf system? If you do then I would consider swapping to 900's from sumo instead of fly high 1100. If you want the 1100's call wakemakers and buy a fitting and a few feet of hose for your fill line and extend it so the 1100 fills in top of the bag.
My Moomba had the flow and it worked better with the 900's. The 1100's seemed to drown the surf system. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
02-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the speedy responses!

So nobody has had any issues with the fittings leaking due to the weight of the bags pushing on them?

I've ran every size bag in my mojo lockers.
All worked fine, I never glued my fittings, none leaked.

I would recommend the V Drive brace kit they sell.
Or make your own. With the exhaust manifold gay and the bags it does cause Adobe warping.
Not real bad but still noticeable.

BamaMojo
02-12-2016, 04:37 PM
I believe Mikes bags full from the top.

trayson
02-12-2016, 06:17 PM
With the exhaust manifold gay and the bags it does cause Adobe warping.

So, your Exhaust manifold has come "out of the closet", and it makes your software warp? What kind of boat crazy boat setup are you running? Or is your exhaust manifold just 'happy'?

mmandley
02-12-2016, 07:07 PM
So, your Exhaust manifold has come "out of the closet", and it makes your software warp? What kind of boat crazy boat setup are you running? Or is your exhaust manifold just 'happy'?

WOW and to think I actually read that more then once before hitting post.
12 hours of no food, caffeine, was not working in my favor as I sat waiting on my blood draw this am LOL.

mmandley
02-12-2016, 07:07 PM
I believe Mikes bags full from the top.

Mine fill from the bottom, drain from the bottom, they just vent on the top.

BamaMojo
02-12-2016, 07:08 PM
10-4

CRAZy440
02-12-2016, 07:08 PM

HAHA!! Thats pretty funny right there!

trayson
02-12-2016, 07:23 PM
WOW and to think I actually read that more then once before hitting post.
12 hours of no food, caffeine, was not working in my favor as I sat waiting on my blood draw this am LOL.

I know that you're a shining example of perfectionism in your phone typing on forums <sarcasm>. LOL!!!

I couldn't resist busting your chops on this one because I still am not 100% clear what you meant to type! hahaha.

But bottom line, get the wakemakers panel reinforcement if you're running deep! Oh Yeah!!!!

mmandley
02-12-2016, 08:36 PM
I know that you're a shining example of perfectionism in your phone typing on forums <sarcasm>. LOL!!!

I couldn't resist busting your chops on this one because I still am not 100% clear what you meant to type! hahaha.

But bottom line, get the wakemakers panel reinforcement if you're running deep! Oh Yeah!!!!

Hey you gotta speak a Little Mikeish when dealing with me

I was originally saying,

With the exhaust manifold Hot and the bags full, it does cause warping.

jstenger
02-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Do you have a surf system? If you do then I would consider swapping to 900's from sumo instead of fly high 1100. If you want the 1100's call wakemakers and buy a fitting and a few feet of hose for your fill line and extend it so the 1100 fills in top of the bag.
My Moomba had the flow and it worked better with the 900's. The 1100's seemed to drown the surf system. Good luck.

Why did you change your setup to fill from the top?

kenn1282
02-13-2016, 01:44 PM
I have the manual flow on my mojo. But we are riding pretty light a lot of the time so far. This is why I was going to get the 1100s and be done with it. If they sink the boat too deep I can always let some of the water out. I will definitely get the bracing for the panels.

Bamamojo- I'm also wondering why you fill from the top? You might be the one I saw in another thread talking about it.