PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger on a new 2014 mojo!!

Tweak
02-05-2016, 11:03 PM
New to the site but since I bought the boat I've been reading all the posts lol. Just bought a 2014 mojo and was wondering where can I find the logo snap in carpet. It just looks so much better than the plane carpet but I can't find it anywhere! Help? Also any newbie advice? First boat!

wolfeman131
02-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Only available thru a dealer or if someone on here is selling and I've only seen that one time.

Tweak
02-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Plain*****

Tweak
02-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Alright thanks man I'll have to check with the dealer then

DFTR Josh
02-06-2016, 12:41 AM
Congrats on the new boat. 1st boat I suggest to take it slow around the docks and be patience when trailering.

deerfield
02-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Tweak - Where in Chicagoland is home and will you do most of the boating? Is the Mojo purchase through an area dealer? Got my Outback from Lauderdale Lakes. Congrats on buying a great boat! - Deerfield

Crane man
02-06-2016, 04:20 AM
I will second and third that. Take your time if your first inboard. They respond differently than I/o. What what waters do you run on? I am south of Chicago river running the kankakee and IL. Run deep and dont beach!!!

Tweak
02-06-2016, 05:02 AM
I've drove and docked jet skis but never a boat, but I'm south of Chicago in the Plainfield area Kankakee river is about 10 min away but plan on trying out different places when it gets warm. I got the boat at the boat house in Chicago. It's the same as the lauderdale lake I believe. But I will definitely take it slow. I don't want to break anything just yet lol

Tweak
02-06-2016, 05:04 AM
And thanks I am pretty stoked!!!! I really can't wait for summer!!

Tweak
02-06-2016, 05:19 AM

I haven taken delivery yet just waiting for better weather to go pick her up :-)

CFD3Captain
02-06-2016, 08:08 AM
Nice! I am certain that came from BoatHouse Chicago? I called about it in the late fall (November I think) and they wouldn't deal on it. I am not sure if it was because I was calling from out of state, but I was prepared to go buy THAT boat. The price was crazy for a boat that was about to be 2 years old, new or not.

Anyhow, Congratulations! I hope you got a good deal on it, at least better than what I was quoted.

Tweak
02-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Yeah from the boathouse Chicago. It was cheaper than any used 2014s in the country with the same options and more hours lol
What were you quoted?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ghebert1111
02-06-2016, 09:14 AM
I've drove and docked jet skis but never a boat, but I'm south of Chicago in the Plainfield area Kankakee river is about 10 min away but plan on trying out different places when it gets warm. I got the boat at the boat house in Chicago. It's the same as the lauderdale lake I believe. But I will definitely take it slow. I don't want to break anything just yet lol

I was in the same boat, literally, last June. I sold my 2 trailered jet skis and bought a 2014 Mojo. What a difference trailering. It's like the difference between Muschamp and McElwain as a head coach. I had a 3 hour drive when I picked up my boat last summer and I felt like I was towing a tank, compared to the skis. Accelerating, stopping and especially turning, I was stressed out the entire 3 hours. Just be prepared for the difference and you'll be fine. As for the boat, what I say... it's great. I couldn't be happier and you will be as well.

Tweak
02-06-2016, 09:16 AM
What were you towing with? But I'm happy I made a good choice!!

ghebert1111
02-06-2016, 09:25 AM
What were you towing with? But I'm happy I made a good choice!!

Toyota Sequoia, 5.7. I was towing 2 96 SeaDoo xps, IMO, the best ski ever made. I couldn't even tell I was towing those, they were so light and as far as maneuvering, I had been towing those with one vehicle or another for almost 20 years so it was second nature. The Mojo took a lot of getting used to.

ghebert1111
02-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Great boat by the way. I was torn between the white or black tower. I think the white tower look very nice.

ghebert1111
02-06-2016, 09:32 AM
You'll want to read this thread if you haven't all ready. And don't hesitate to ask questions on the forum. The guys on here helped me buy my boat, sold me some stuff, gave me some stuff, walked me through some upgrades and I've even met up with BamaMojo on the water a few times down here in Birmingam. The only thing they didn't do was laugh at my jokes, but that's probable because I'm half Puerto Rican.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?25876-Stock-Weighting-Setup

Tweak
02-06-2016, 09:34 AM
I might have a little less problems towing. I picked up a 2015 GMC Sierra last year but I also drive a semi so I'm use to dragging dead weight lol but yeah on this color scheme I think the white looks best. It also has a Bimini tower speakers board racks all the things I need plus some. Just not installed yet. When I go to pick it up I have to give them a good notice I'm coming

kaneboats
02-06-2016, 10:09 AM
I grew up on that ole Kankakee River. Be careful out there. Stay deep. I watched no less than 3 IO's lose lower units on one 4th of July one year.

KG's Supra24
02-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Congrats on the new boat!

I laughed ghebert ....

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Tweak
02-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Yeah I keep getting told story's about the Kankakee kind of nervous. And thanks!

ghebert1111
02-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Congrats on the new boat!

I laughed ghebert ....

Thank you very much.

Tweak
02-06-2016, 10:47 AM
I guess I didn't understand the joke :/

DFTR Josh
02-06-2016, 10:48 AM
When dropping in the water and backing off the trailer plan to have no control except throttle. It should start backing up to the right, just a heads up. Inboards are hard at first at slow speeds so just take it easy. Might be good to ask when the last fluid changes were and impeller. Extra stuff is a good thing. Prop, prop key, nut, cotter pin and tools to change it also.

Tweak
02-06-2016, 10:52 AM
Ok thanks josh I'll make sure I ask. They should put all new fluids since its winterized and all maintenance included for 3 years. And I'll ask about everything else too

mmandley
02-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Congratz bud, welcome to the Mojo family.

I can talk all day about the Mojo and the do don'ts be careful things.

First and foremost, to Launch it try to get the Left lane on your ramp or at least open water to the right <starboard> of you backing up.

Second, you shouldn't have to power off to hard, when your ready to back off the trailer, roll the truck back a couple feet and stomp the brakes, this will launch you straight back off the trailer and keep you straight.
When trailering SLOW SLOW the Mojo only has 2 feet from the nose until she gets wide, and at that point you are only 6inchs on each side from hitting those bumpers on the trailer. They are made to bump but not HIT. You can bend them. Also I would HIGHLY caution you against Power loading with a Mojo, this boat does not center on the trailer easily and more then a few have damaged their prop on the trailer. <myself included>

Lastly this is a big boat, it responds very slow at slow speeds, in reverse it only pulls you right <starboard> I suggest you take her to open water and toss something that floats in the water and practice pulling up as if it was a dock.

When approaching a dock, come in at a 45 angle to the dock, about 5ft away turn hard left <port> then put it in reverse just to engage it, this will slow you down like a brake and cause the rear to start pulling into the dock. Then you can put the throttle in forward and reverse < bumping > to control speed approach angle. Once you do it a few times it becomes second nature. As you get closer to the dock spin the wheel all the way to hard starboard and this will pull the rear in fast with a little reverse throttle.

Hit me up of you want any tips on anything I am on here quite a bit, PM me or just holler in a thread.

Tweak
02-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Thanks mmandley that's one of my main concerns is trailering I've read a bunch about people that have damaged their prob. Just go slow and steady that's what I'm getting out of it. But I guess it's hard to tell someone how to do it. Just have to remember all the advice and give it a go. But I know once the weather breaks I'll be asking more and more questions. I'm thankful that everyone on here is so inviting and willing to help! Just amazing and really puts faith back into humanity

DFTR Josh
02-06-2016, 01:55 PM
all maintenance included for 3 years
Great deal you worked out there! It gets pricy with the maintenance and worth the time to learn how to do it after your 3 years is up unless you sale it. 1 more thing that you really need to pay attention to is BE READY TO HAVE THE BEST SUMMER OF YOUR LIFE!!! Congrats again!

mikenehrkorn
02-06-2016, 01:56 PM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. We're nearly neighbors (I'm in Naperville) but we do all our boating on a lake where we have property in MI. You got more guts than I do -- we never launched in the river cause I'm chicken. :)

russellsmojo
02-06-2016, 02:28 PM
Congrats! I made same purchase in November on same boat. Picking up in a few weeks since in Texas. Maybe we can share mess ups and "firsts" this first summer on the water!! Beware of forums though.....everyone is so helpful.... I think I have spent several thousand dollars and have not even picked the boat up yet! Haha.

Crane man
02-06-2016, 05:02 PM
Nothing to be nervous about. My primary water is the Kankakee river. It is great on weeknights. Weekends get stupid, If we stay local we go to morris and boat the IL river.

BobP
02-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Toyota Sequoia, 5.7. I was towing 2 96 SeaDoo xps, IMO, the best ski ever made. I couldn't even tell I was towing those, they were so light and as far as maneuvering, I had been towing those with one vehicle or another for almost 20 years so it was second nature. The Mojo took a lot of getting used to.

I agree on those 96 XPs...the best sit down made...fast, light, nimble (we had a 95). The Waveblaster might give it a run for its money, but I still like the 96 XPs better. However, I'd take a stand up over it any time. We have two 98/99 Superjets, best watercraft purchase for us ever.

Tweak
02-06-2016, 08:17 PM
I love stand ups! So much fun!!

BamaMojo
02-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Beautiful boat! Enjoy!

dusty2221
02-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Congrats! Looks great!

CMAC21
02-07-2016, 03:57 PM
I was in the same boat, literally, last June. I sold my 2 trailered jet skis and bought a 2014 Mojo. What a difference trailering. It's like the difference between Muschamp and McElwain as a head coach. I had a 3 hour drive when I picked up my boat last summer and I felt like I was towing a tank, compared to the skis. Accelerating, stopping and especially turning, I was stressed out the entire 3 hours. Just be prepared for the difference and you'll be fine. As for the boat, what I say... it's great. I couldn't be happier and you will be as well.

I don't know how many people cruised on past that muschamp comment but I thought it was great. Nice to catch up with a local on here

ghebert1111
02-07-2016, 04:54 PM
I don't know how many people cruised on past that muschamp comment but I thought it was great. Nice to catch up with a local on here

I put that in there before I read a bunch of articles criticizing McElwain's recruiting this year. I hope he does well this year, but he might have set expectations to high after this year's performance.

I agree on those 96 XPs...the best sit down made...fast, light, nimble (we had a 95). The Waveblaster might give it a run for its money, but I still like the 96 XPs better. However, I'd take a stand up over it any time. We have two 98/99 Superjets, best watercraft purchase for us ever.

I agree the stand ups are more fun for people that can get up on them and can stay on them. Way back in 96 when I started getting involved with Skis, I found the stand ups too hard for most of my friends and I wound up getting XPs. I was happy with them for 18 years.

Crane man
02-08-2016, 08:54 PM
Alright thanks man I'll have to check with the dealer then

Good luck with a fair price from dealer. I have the seadek. Wish I had the new stuff in the supras, and nautiques. Is is like a bambo weave, don't know how else to describe it, it stays cool in the sun, looks awesome, and feels good to walk on. Seadek is good but heat and waterstains. I don't like the miners moss, feels like walking on giant scotchbright pads.

CFD3Captain
02-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Good luck with a fair price from dealer. I have the seadek. Wish I had the new stuff in the supras, and nautiques. Is is like a bambo weave, don't know how else to describe it, it stays cool in the sun, looks awesome, and feels good to walk on. Seadek is good but heat and waterstains. I don't like the miners moss, feels like walking on giant scotchbright pads.

There has to be a place to buy this stuff. I did a little digging with not much luck, BUT I did find even Bayliner has it for a few of their boats. Grrrr that stuff looks nice. I have yet to experience Miners Moss / Dekadence but I am not sure I will like how it feels.

KG's Supra24
02-10-2016, 01:36 AM
Try gatorstep.com ?

dusty2221
02-10-2016, 08:37 AM
My boat is all Gator Step, so far we love it. I would recommend reaching out to the guys up there in Oregon and seeing what they can do for you.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160210/689bd25a393ea423e048d948aaa31b1a.jpg

DFTR Josh
02-10-2016, 10:08 AM
LIKE! I'm excited to see how my non skid flooring is in the new Craz. Great looking boat...

Tweak
02-10-2016, 06:11 PM
Wow! Yeah that looks really nice

2014 mojo 345

dillinle
02-10-2016, 10:12 PM
sent you a PM