PDA

View Full Version : Wet sounds ht-as10 10

russellsmojo
02-01-2016, 10:32 PM
Has anyone installed or heard this powered 10 inch sub made by wet sounds? Sound good?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_93083_Wet-Sounds-HT-AS10.html

KG's Supra24
02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
I like it more from an authorized dealer. I don't think Sonic is? Not sure. Check out Earmark Marine and ask about forum discount.

I believe McDye installed one in his Mojo. He may chime in.

mcdye
02-02-2016, 02:50 PM
I have installed 3 of them. A friend was the first guinea pig, then I did my '13 and '14 Mojo with it. It is a '10 sub and will rattle the dash. Would I do another, yep. I am not a hard core tuner and it fits my bill. It can be placed under the helm. I don't have a pic of it in the '14, but did it exactly the same way.

russellsmojo
02-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Appreciate it mcdye. I just grabbed that link for the picture. Would buy from dealer for sure.
I have found limited reviews. But one said it was very heavy. How did you reinforce it on the backside?

MLA
02-02-2016, 10:20 PM
very good performing well built 10" marine woofer assembly with a very efficient amp. In the right application, its a great solution for a boat or power sports vehicle. I would however, not recommend placing it in a closed insulated locker. Same advice with any woofer. Still requires proper cabling, as in I would not connect it to the helm BUSS, as well as an RCA and turn-on, so not really much easier of an install compared to a traditional amp. However, the enclosure on the other hand makes a difference. Its not your typical pre-made MDF carpet covered universal box, but rather a marine built enclosure thats designed for the woofer.

CFD3Captain
02-02-2016, 10:31 PM
very good performing well built 10" marine woofer assembly with a very efficient amp. In the right application, its a great solution for a boat or power sports vehicle. I would however, not recommend placing it in a closed insulated locker. Same advice with any woofer. Still requires proper cabling, as in I would not connect it to the helm BUSS, as well as an RCA and turn-on, so not really much easier of an install compared to a traditional amp. However, the enclosure on the other hand makes a difference. Its not your typical pre-made MDF carpet covered universal box, but rather a marine built enclosure thats designed for the woofer.

The enclosure is the biggest issue for me. I have never built a sub enclosure, so this seemed like a time and possible money savor for me (especially if I screw it up) Thus why I am leaning towards this combo.

TrueKaotik
02-03-2016, 06:35 AM
It's a good little piece to be honest, even sealed. It hits hard and is easy to install if your not a enclosure builder.

mcdye
02-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Appreciate it mcdye. I just grabbed that link for the picture. Would buy from dealer for sure.
I have found limited reviews. But one said it was very heavy. How did you reinforce it on the backside?

The spec's have it at 30lbs, it is an all in one (marine enclosure, amp, woofer) The front is sitting/fastened to the foot well hump, as close to the front as I could but still let the carpeted panel sit there too. The right rear corner is fastened to a L bracket that screwed to the hull. It felt solid, but didn't want to have any issues, so I made a peg leg for the left rear corner.. It is not going anywhere.

I ran the power cables under the floor, a short RCA and turn-on wire from the WS420. I cut a hole in panel and fastened the enclosure grill to the panel.

David Analog
02-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Has anyone installed or heard this powered 10 inch sub made by wet sounds? Sound good?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_93083_Wet-Sounds-HT-AS10.html

There are mdf or wood-based enclosures that are marinized via any number of processes and are very water resistant but never totally waterproof. The WS AS-10 sub has a fiberglass enclosure that is absolutely waterproof. Those don't come cheap. So if a 10-inch subwoofer is satisfactory for your system it is very hard to beat the value and ease of a subwoofer, sub amp, and enclosure in one package at this price.
The enclosure has a flange at the bottom that makes mounting it to the sole really easy. Just the same use a couple of polymer (HDPE, ABS, etc.) spacers to elevate the box off the sole by 1/2" or so.
Check in with Odin @ Earmark Marine. He's an authorized Wetsounds on-line dealer, can provide all the installation and hardware necessities plus invaluable installation, set-up and tuning advice. And get the forum discount.

TrueKaotik
02-05-2016, 06:24 AM
Sonic electronics is a authorized online dealer and your pushing your old company pretty hard lately for Odin... What gives?

KG's Supra24
02-05-2016, 08:25 AM
I'm the one that mentioned the authorized dealer and said it with a question mark ....

I referenced earmark bc I've received awesome service from them over the past 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

mcdye
03-16-2016, 08:05 PM
Got some pictures today for those interested. I have not had the panel off since installing in spring of '14 still solid as a rock. I did pull the carpet back on the panel to notch out for the steering cable. From the factory is it over the panel, with the sub there the cable was in more of a bind then I liked.

russellsmojo
03-16-2016, 08:52 PM
Looks great! Thanks for posting.

brain_rinse
03-16-2016, 09:11 PM
Do they have a non-powered version? I've been looking all over for an enclosure that is compact and not made of wood. It's a really, really short list.

mcdye
03-17-2016, 08:22 AM
Do they have a non-powered version? I've been looking all over for an enclosure that is compact and not made of wood. It's a really, really short list.
Not that I am aware of.

DRHRSH
03-25-2016, 09:45 AM
Got some pictures today for those interested. I have not had the panel off since installing in spring of '14 still solid as a rock. I did pull the carpet back on the panel to notch out for the steering cable. From the factory is it over the panel, with the sub there the cable was in more of a bind then I liked.
Could you take a picture that shows where it is installed. Im having trouble with perspective? Would this fit in my Craz? Thank you

KG's Supra24
03-25-2016, 09:57 AM
Your craz will be a touch different. I don't think it will have the hump (white fiberglass with traction pad) like Mcdye's subwoofer is sitting on.

On a craz, it should sit directly on the floor. It will take up a little legroom but should slide straight in; with more ease than it looks like McDye went through.

KG's Supra24
03-25-2016, 10:01 AM
This is a mojo but should give you a decent idea of the craz ... and how the hump is no longer there

With the panel removed.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/bdb8a9f4d324889e0bdb2667d16e3ec7.jpg

With a large box under the helm.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/f150c779f36fe36d2f0c9eaad2dda278.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk