PDA

View Full Version : Axels on 2016 trailer

DFTR Josh
01-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Anybody know or have experience with which is better. I was asked if I would like Spring or Torsion on the trailer...

btbpreston
01-29-2016, 07:12 PM
People can argue both ways, each have their own benefits. I prefer torsion axles myself.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

jstenger
01-29-2016, 07:41 PM
Torsions are smoother, but save your money and go with the standard springs. I have heard more stories of torsions failing.

DFTR Josh
01-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Torsions are smoother, but save your money and go with the standard springs. I have heard more stories of torsions failing.
My dealer hit me up saying I had spring chosen and they seen more problems with them and asked to change to torsion. Thanks for the input so far guys!

mmandley
01-29-2016, 10:13 PM
Iv'e had both and they both have + - to them.

Torsion, rides a little lower and is a lot quieter when towing and at the ramp.
Torsion you can strap up if you have a flat and no spare by removing the flat.
Torsion fails and you normally damage the fender.
Torsion felt the same ride quality when pulling it with my truck, but I could see my boat and trailer taking more hits, bouncing and such from them having less travel.

Springs ride a little higher and they squeak a lot more when going over bumps, or backing up such as as the ramp.
Get a flat, you have to change it, I don't think you can simply strap the axle up to the frame. <could be wrong>
Springs tend to absorb more of the bumps in the road, the boat doesn't seem to bounce as much when hitting a rough patch in the road.
Springs how ever can be damaged with bumps in the road, or very uneven roads.

Going to Powell in 13 we had to use a temporary road through the reservation due to the main highway being closed. This road was smooth as silk as it was brand new but it was flat by any means, out of no where you would get dips and humps bouncing the truck and trailer, this caused my springs to over extend hitting the frame of the trailer and damaging the shackles.

Personally though, when its time to buy another boat and trailer I will go with Torsion because I like the quite ride of it at the boat ramps and in town.

rdlangston13
01-30-2016, 01:25 PM
I think the failures related to torsion axles have been addressed and fixed some time ago...

Sent from my iPhone

DFTR Josh
01-30-2016, 02:08 PM
Torsion it is. Pretty sure my old boat had it and it was just fine. Thanks for all the info everybody! Order is in...

sivs1
01-30-2016, 04:29 PM
Torsion it is. Pretty sure my old boat had it and it was just fine. Thanks for all the info everybody! Order is in...
What, wait, order is in? Craz? If so can't wait to see it and congrats

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
01-30-2016, 10:10 PM
What, wait, order is in? Craz? If so can't wait to see it and congrats
Yep! Looks like the DFTR family will be rolling in a 2016 CRAZ. So stoked working with MP to get this build to come alive. Looking at a March spray date, it's going to be one bad looking toy.

KG's Supra24
01-31-2016, 11:42 PM
Congrats! !

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

mcdye
02-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Congrats, on the new order!