PDA

View Full Version : very impressed

moombadaze
01-25-2016, 10:31 AM
I got ta say for such a simple system, as compared to my last Exile system (3 amps, 6 incabins, 12" sub, towers) it rocks pretty dam hard.

new system consists of Exile's Javelin 5 channel amp and 4 SX80M speakers, just as loud and has almost as much punch, this is with no sub at this time

very happy with it

mmandley
01-25-2016, 03:40 PM
Thats awesome, I run the Javelin in my Vette, its powering 2 8 Apline Subs, 2 Exile SX65s and 4 Exile Automotive Titanium Tweeters, and it rocks as well.

Those new Javlin amps pack a punch and the new 8 cabins are crazy nice, I wish I had the room in my Mojo to install them. When they were being designed I kept using the blank to see if I could cut the boat up enough to make them fit but it would just not work and look right without redesigning the interior LOL

Brianinpdx
01-26-2016, 10:03 PM
MoombaDaze - glad they worked out well. We get a lot of calls about the 8" Exile Cabins. Especially from the salt water guys as they are all injected plastic. Unfortunately for guys like Mike-- who want to put them in a 6.5" hole-----> No Dice without a lot of modification. It would be great if Moomba integrated 8"s into future model years.

moombadaze
01-27-2016, 12:29 PM
salt water and Florida, should be a good testing for them, they look like small subs installed, gotta still do some final tuning and install the head unit, then ill post up some photo's

moombadaze
02-01-2016, 09:25 AM
changed my mind on this combo after getting the amp settings set and getting out on the lake---holly crap do these pound--I could actually feel it thumping in the floor, don't think ill be getting a sub, and at lower volumes it has nice rich sound that I was looking for

mmandley
02-01-2016, 12:29 PM
changed my mind on this combo after getting the amp settings set and getting out on the lake---holly crap do these pound--I could actually feel it thumping in the floor, don't think ill be getting a sub, and at lower volumes it has nice rich sound that I was looking for

I am truly jealous you get to use the 8s. I know a much have for my next boat will be 8s,

SC, Tinker, I sure hope you upgrade them molds to allow more room to fit 8s in the cabin. LOL

<scribbles that on his list of questions to ask Tinker when I stop at the plant on my relocation>

dusty2221
02-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I really wanted them also. Just no way to make them fit.

BamaMojo
02-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I really wanted them also. Just no way to make them fit.

That's what she said....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk