PDA

View Full Version : Ronix wakesurf maker

Kstalvey
01-19-2016, 02:08 PM
Anyone heard anything good or bad about the Ronix wakesurf maker? I have a '13 LSV and I would like to know something about it.

mikenehrkorn
01-19-2016, 02:33 PM
You mean the Ronix Wakesurf Shaper? Haven't heard anything, but $600 seems like an awful lot for what it is.

If you were so inclined to go that way, I would just try the skateboard ramp instead -- see post #57 at https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?27095-Ghetto-gates-post-your-pictures-here/page2&highlight=skateboard -- looks like pretty much the same thing without a few bells and whistles on the Ronix product.

mmandley
01-19-2016, 04:22 PM
I saw that unit in person at the boat show the other day, looks pretty legit, its light weight and has a bar built into it to attach it to the D ring on your boat so you don't use it.

I think personally if i wanted a surf device that's easy and simple, this would it. Its still small enough to fit under the seats for storage.

yes it costs a lot more then making the ghetto gate but the nice thing about this is the ease of use, its mounts easy, removes easy, stores easy, and it can be re-sold easy as its a 1 fits all deal.

I would contact WakeMakers though and at least get the forum discount.

mikenehrkorn
01-19-2016, 06:23 PM
The Ronix is probably pretty nice, but for $20 for the skateboard ramp, $10 for Velcro and another $5 for safety rope you have the same setup for 95% less. It wouldn't say Ronix all over it but otherwise it doesn't look much different.

kaneboats
01-19-2016, 06:42 PM
Bet you could get a Ronix sticker for $2 on ebay.

trayson
01-19-2016, 07:06 PM
The Ronix is probably pretty nice, but for $20 for the skateboard ramp, $10 for Velcro and another $5 for safety rope you have the same setup for 95% less. It wouldn't say Ronix all over it but otherwise it doesn't look much different.

This..........

mmandley
01-19-2016, 07:31 PM
I understand what y'all are saying.

But if it was my boat, I would get the Ronix, mainly because I just don't want the ghetto gate on my boat lol

DFTR Josh
01-19-2016, 11:19 PM
I just posted about this on the discount thread. I know its a lot of coin and I have been waiting for this to hit the MP (www.marine-products.com)site so it will accept my discount code. Well here it is and the cheapest I have found http://www.marine-products.com/eight-3-wakesurf-shaper.html Make sure to use DFTR2016 before checking out.

996scott
01-20-2016, 11:22 AM
It looks great, but if I can accomplish the same thing with a skate ramp for $20 that's a no brainer for me.

Gabbyg88
01-21-2016, 07:54 PM
Ok, I understand that you evenly or closely weight the rear but do you add any bow weight?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
01-21-2016, 10:51 PM
Always bow weight

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Beejwest
01-24-2016, 11:50 PM
Can someone link the skateboard ramp? Has anyone used that?

mikenehrkorn
01-25-2016, 07:33 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Ten-Eighty-Micro-Skateboard-BMX-Ramp/dp/B001J4ETJE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1453721557&sr=8-3&keywords=Skateboard+ramp

mikenehrkorn
01-25-2016, 07:42 AM
Take a look at post #57...

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?27095-Ghetto-gates-post-your-pictures-here

mikenehrkorn
01-25-2016, 07:47 AM
I just ordered that ramp myself....I think it will be a bit easier to deal with than my hand-built gate was

jstenger
01-25-2016, 11:58 AM
I have two of these in the garage. The boys got them for Christmas a couple years ago. I think I might "borrow" one of them and try it out.

DFTR Josh
01-25-2016, 12:48 PM
I finally got to see the Wake Shaper (http://www.marine-products.com/eight-3-wakesurf-shaper.html) first hand and this thing is impressive. Full carbon fiber to keep the weight way down. Velcro strips have been upgraded to 3” wide with no space in the middle. Think it was 2 spacers for hull changes at 1” and 2” or total of 3” stacked. For sure a little pricy but from what I can see it is well worth it. Got to see a video of a Wakesetter using it in action and talked with somebody that took it on a demo. He used it on a gated boat so they could really see the difference. Personal opinion of him was the wake shaper was better than the gate but down side was taking time to set it up rater then just a flip of a switch. It was quite difficult to pull the spacers apart and the Wake Shaper from the hull. So far I'm pretty impressed... Now to use it someday.

jstenger
01-25-2016, 01:23 PM
I finally got to see the Wake Shaper (http://www.marine-products.com/eight-3-wakesurf-shaper.html) first hand and this thing is impressive. Full carbon fiber to keep the weight way down. Velcro strips have been upgraded to 3” wide with no space in the middle. Think it was 2 spacers for hull changes at 1” and 2” or total of 3” stacked. For sure a little pricy but from what I can see it is well worth it. Got to see a video of a Wakesetter using it in action and talked with somebody that took it on a demo. He used it on a gated boat so they could really see the difference. Personal opinion of him was the wake shaper was better than the gate but down side was taking time to set it up rater then just a flip of a switch. It was quite difficult to pull the spacers apart and the Wake Shaper from the hull. So far I'm pretty impressed... Now to use it someday.
What are the dimensions?

DFTR Josh
01-25-2016, 01:54 PM
What are the dimensions?
I didn't get any measurements, I will see if I can get some.

mikenehrkorn
01-25-2016, 02:27 PM
What are the dimensions?

I found one website that lists the dimensions as 20 x 15 x 10 in

http://seattlewatersports.com/product/2016-ronix-eight-3-wakesurf-shaper/ (under additional information)

wolfeman131
01-25-2016, 02:37 PM
He used it on a gated boat so they could really see the difference. Personal opinion of him was the wake shaper was better than the gate

just to clarify - in regards to the wave, the person you spoke to preferred this to the surfgate system? do you know what year boat?

DFTR Josh
01-26-2016, 11:01 AM
Regards to the wave he said he preferred the Wake Shaper wave. Full ballast, no gates, no wedge and said it was pretty amazing. It was a 2015 that he was riding.

onebadssv
01-26-2016, 08:42 PM
I wonder if you used a ramp and needed spacers what you would use? Also where can you get commercial strength waterproof Velcro?

sivs1
01-27-2016, 12:15 AM
I wonder if you used a ramp and needed spacers what you would use? Also where can you get commercial strength waterproof Velcro?
Amazon.com, can get almost anything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mikenehrkorn
01-27-2016, 10:27 AM

You could probably make the spacer out of just about anything you have laying around....wood, plastic, etc. The wood would need replacement over time, but its just scrap so no big deal.

Here's the velcro I ordered, seems to have some pretty good reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012YDTNZI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

wolfeman131
01-27-2016, 02:37 PM
Regards to the wave he said he preferred the Wake Shaper wave. Full ballast, no gates, no wedge and said it was pretty amazing. It was a 2015 that he was riding.

I'm guessing this isn't something the folks at 'bu would want to read . . .

DFTR Josh
01-27-2016, 04:59 PM
I'm guessing this isn't something the folks at 'bu would want to read
I'm sure they will and then find out why somebody liked an add on product rather then their stock product. I hope to give the Wake Shaper a try this season so I can give my own feedback. Just in appearance and build this thing is top notch and it will only get better as time comes. $600 seems pretty expensive but for what is said a proven product is pretty cheap. Look at adding a OEM surf system to your boat and you easily reach the $1500-$2500 range with install.