PDA

View Full Version : Cover help

AZ_Calling
06-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Alright, I know this is going to sound like a stupid question but I can not seem to figure out the poles on the cover for a DD? I leave the boat at the in-law’s lake house during the week, and water always seems to puddle on the cover by the time I get back.

Should the poles on the side of the motor be higher than the pole behind the motor? Should the poles be the same height as the windshield? I know these is not rocket science but any tricks people have would be quite helpful.

Thanks

Smrtz
06-26-2006, 11:45 AM
as long as they are elevated and there is no slack im not sure that you will get pooling. just make sure the tie downs are tight . if the cover is loose the water will always find a place to pool. make sure in the front you dont pull too tight or it will flatten out the cover from the nose to the pole and leave a spot where pooling can occur.

just takes a bit of tinkering around... you'll get it no doubt..

Cheers

BensonWdby
06-26-2006, 11:17 PM
I only use 2 poles. The factory coper has sleeves for them built in. One is in the bow. One is right behind the motor. Seems to work fine if you draw the string tight and pull the straps tight.

Dave

Schmitter
07-10-2006, 01:55 PM
I made a support out of 2 1/2" PVC schedule 80 pipe and fittings. I use a 90 degree to hook over the pylon, then a cuple of 4-way plus signs. I will try and get a picture of my conraption later this week. The advantage with this thing is that the poles don't fall over.