PDA

View Full Version : Boat Shows 2016

KG's Supra24
01-17-2016, 12:25 PM
Who is going? Who has been? Where are the pics?

I believe there is a $200k Malibu floating around?

Crane man
01-17-2016, 12:40 PM
Took the family yesterday. Did not pay attention to malibu prices. Top 3 things I took away from the show.
1. Every boat company was talking the same game and they are all better than the rest. (except MC)
2. Why wouldn't you lock out the ignition on your 150k boat? Because you like hearing it started out of the water. (that was the black and red X-30).
3. First up close look at the Pavati. Cool concept but can't get over the battleship feel.

tater
01-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Seen the Malibu M235 what a monster,could be had for 170,000,The Supra SE Roush edition had a 167,000 price tag beautiful boat,also had a SA for 136,000,thought these boats were a little high dont know if that was MRSP or boat show pricing didnt pay that much attention way out of my league to give it a second look had a nicely equipped Nautique G23 for 134,000, I think the Moomba line is a home run with bang for your buck pricing and a quality boat really liked the Craz and the price,Tige has some really nice new budget boats this year the R-series but still think the Moombas are way better in quality and options,I do like the Tige Z3 for price and what you get for it and did a couple of demos last summer and the surf wave really impressive,will probably be my next boat unless I can get a really good deal on a Supra SA at the Indy Boat show lol

dusty2221
01-17-2016, 06:05 PM
How did the m235 compare to the SE size wise?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BobP
01-17-2016, 06:28 PM
Took my almost 5 yrc old yesterday, don't remember the exact prices but the M235 is a massive boat. Interior did not look that much bigger/smaller than the SE but the side profile of the M235 is huge. Loved the Craz.

wolfeman131
01-17-2016, 07:33 PM

[Tapatalk

It's not as long, a lot "chunkier" in the bow and I thought overall storage was lacking. They claim it's " The G killer" but I'm not too sure about that.

patrick232
01-17-2016, 08:15 PM
I spent all day from 1130am to 830pm helping Sea Ray of Cincy at the Moomba / Supra section. It was crazy busy and the hot boat was the Craze. People spent more time checking out the Moomba vs Surpa, not sure if it was price driven. Next year I plan on working the whole weekend, this was a last minute thing, I will need to study the Supra line more, too much stuff on the screen, lol. 2335423354

CFD3Captain
01-17-2016, 11:51 PM
Dang, I should've waited buying my boat and let you make me a deal at the show ;) LOL

I wanted to come down yesterday, but it just wasn't in the cards. My wife sick all week and just started feeling better. She didn't have the 3 hour drive plus boat show walking in her.

BamaMojo
01-18-2016, 12:13 AM
Birmingham Al is next weekend. Have no real reason to go but probably will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patrick232
01-18-2016, 09:27 AM
Dang, I should've waited buying my boat and let you make me a deal at the show ;) LOL

I wanted to come down yesterday, but it just wasn't in the cards. My wife sick all week and just started feeling better. She didn't have the 3 hour drive plus boat show walking in her.

The Mondo they had there was Boat Show price of $66K, well equipped. The Mojo was $76K fully loaded. Not sure how much wiggle room on the prices.

The highlight for 2016 was the seat to watch the riders, like they have had in the Supra and other high line brands for years.

KG's Supra24
01-18-2016, 09:46 AM
What are the Moomba boat show incentives this year?

KG's Supra24
01-18-2016, 09:50 AM
Nevermind, found it ....

Pick one:

1. Moomba surf edition upgrade: Flow2.0, IBS, Surf decal
2. Moomba tower package: S bend tower with forward bimini
3. $2,000 in options.

CFD3Captain
01-18-2016, 12:27 PM
The Mondo they had there was Boat Show price of $66K, well equipped. The Mojo was $76K fully loaded. Not sure how much wiggle room on the prices.

The highlight for 2016 was the seat to watch the riders, like they have had in the Supra and other high line brands for years.

Dang, 66k for a Mondo. I would have thought they would be closer to 58-60k at the shows. Oh well, still more than I wanted to spend. Maybe in a few years :)

gregski
01-18-2016, 07:20 PM
I saw a fancy Tige on the highway last weekend. My first thought was "who is crazy enough to be boating in this weather? (and where did they even find open water?" Oh yeah, boat show, somebody got a new toy.

mmandley
01-18-2016, 08:17 PM
Went to the Portland Boat show after watching the Panthers Beat the Seahawks <again> YES!!!

The over whelming thing I was seeing at the boat show is you need to expect to spend 100K if you want a new boat over 22ft.

Supra line had the SC, SG, and SA for display, SA was my personal favorite and most likely my next boat after the Mojo.
They had all 3 boat show priced 99K and below, but not too fare apart.

Moomba line had a Mojo on the floor but I really didn't spend the time in the Moomba line as I wanted to see the Supras. I was hoping to see a Craze but there wasn't one. Mojo they had was 74K if i recall.

Nautique line had the Gs of course and honestly I didn't even look at them. They just don't do it for me.

Malibu had the new MC235 and that thing is a beast. Standing next to it and it on the floor you still can't see in the cabin. I could see in the bow. It looked to be a sharp boat, normal Malibu interior quality and equipment. To me it looks very boxy on the outside, although you can see it has body lines up close. Price 180K

Centurion had 2 displays, Portland dealer and Salem dealer.
Ri237 was on display, the Portland display was a fully optioned with triple axle trailer, they wouldn't talk price on it. But I really didn't push the issue as I know the regional sales guy who was working the display and I didn't feel like going into detail with him when he had other potential buyers.
Its a sharp looking boat in person and its also huge on the trailer, with a lader on the trailer at the boat like the G series has.

Supreme is also displayed in this booth, it was the Main competitor to Moomba line. Priced the same as Moombas, they were good looking boats but I still can't get on board with the interior styles, the lines are to sharp on the seats, bow is way to bog causing you to loose cabin space. Nice looking boats though.

In the Salem display they had the Ri217 and it was heavily optioned and 101K
They also had an Ri237 and it was pretty stock with a sticker of 112K

Riverside actually had the new Tige on display which I was surprised to see since the last two years they didn't have the new release boat.
RZX which to me is a larger version of the Z3 with a wide nose. Very nice boat, lots of cool features and it was sitting on a triple axle trailer with a fat price tag of 170K boat show price was near 140k if i recall.

Sanger had 1 boat on display, can't recall the tag line to it, price was low 50s, reminded me a lot of my 08 LSV and frankly looked small in the booth. Trayson friend bought is I recall.

NW Boats had the MC MB line
They had some over the top boats, Black with Red interior MC for 140K and within 45 seconds I found half dozen interior issues with the seats were threading was done poorly, wrinkles on edges, sales guy said all boats have that, its hard to use vynal, and its got a 5 year warranty so its covered if you want it fixed. I replied that I don't see these issues on boats half the price, almost all boats have a 5 year warranty now and for a boat at the top of the food chain it should look like it.

They also had a 225K MC with a bathroom in it. That boat was crazy but no way I would ever buy it so I didn't waste my time.

Brian with Exile had his new MB on display in Pearl White <industry first> as I understand and it was looking really sweet. One of my favorite boats, and my crew loved it. He has lots of custom touches, stereo install, flooring, Gator step, LEDs, underwater lights, and some other stuff.

My tower speakers rang loud and clear on his boat <snicker> as he was back-ordered on black 9s and took mine.

Over all the boat show was pretty decent, wasn't real crowded as it was game day so that was nice. Still seems to get smaller all the time but maybe thats just me not wanting to walk all the yacts, and fishing boats LOL.

We used to have some really sweet house boats on display, big dollar river boats, and huge used boat section. Those areas are gone for the most part, very small what we do have.

Lastly still blows me away walking through the used boats and trade in boats the shape people keep these boats in, the used pricing on them is crazy for the condition I saw. This will be why I continue to care for mine, and buy new.

We saw several 13-14 models in the used section and one of the girls in the boat crew said man, Mikes boat looks brand new compared to these, and Steve replies' Mike is pretty anal about the care for his boat. That's why it looks new all the time LOL.

Crane man
01-18-2016, 10:44 PM
Not much wiggle on the moombas.

beat taco
01-19-2016, 12:11 AM
Not wake boat related at all but this thing stole the show. Then I found the thread about it. The tow rig certainly doesn't disappoint either.
http://www.meanchicken.net/webmain/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=17268&start=140

viking
01-19-2016, 09:49 AM
That is COOL!

trayson
01-19-2016, 12:41 PM
Moomba line had a Mojo on the floor but I really didn't spend the time in the Moomba line as I wanted to see the Supras. I was hoping to see a Craze but there wasn't one. Mojo they had was 74K if i recall.

Malibu had the new MC235 and that thing is a beast. Standing next to it and it on the floor you still can't see in the cabin. I could see in the bow. It looked to be a sharp boat, normal Malibu interior quality and equipment. To me it looks very boxy on the outside, although you can see it has body lines up close. Price 180K

I could have sworn that I saw a Craz on the floor with AWS. But maybe I was just dreaming?!?!? I didn't go on it, as I wouldn't wanna go back to a shorter boat than my current 23'.

The biggest thing I liked about the Malibu was the translucent cupholders that had the LED's lighting them up from the inside.

The MC was ridiculous. with 2 trash cans and a sink, and a fridge and of course the toilet.

I had the wife and kid with me, so I couldn't spend TONS of time there. I did take Cindy through the free samples of the wine and whiskey, so that helped! LOL

trayson
01-19-2016, 01:09 PM
I also liked how the Malibu had a hard plumbed garden hose attachment on the rear transom to run the boat off the hose. And rear seat backs that flipped down to become steps to get up on the sundeck. Nice touch.

One thing that I noticed on pretty much all the newer boats is that the rear lockers aren't as long as the ones in my XLV. they are deeper, but not longer. That's awesome for cabin space, but it doesn't really lend itself to the current generation of rear bags that all tend to be 50" long. It seems like the ballast bag companies should adapt by building shorter bags that are taller.

dusty2221
01-19-2016, 02:02 PM
One thing that I noticed on pretty much all the newer boats is that the rear lockers aren't as long as the ones in my XLV. they are deeper, but not longer. That's awesome for cabin space, but it doesn't really lend itself to the current generation of rear bags that all tend to be 50" long. It seems like the ballast bag companies should adapt by building shorter bags that are taller.

It also has created a problem of where the heck are all these boards supposed to go while on the trailer headed to the water! The 24 could hold 4 boards per locker, the new boats sunpad area is to shallow to allow the clearance for any boards to fit in there! I'm now stumped as to how I'm supposed to haul around 4 wakeboards and 3 surfs each time we go out!

trayson
01-19-2016, 02:13 PM
It also has created a problem of where the heck are all these boards supposed to go while on the trailer headed to the water! The 24 could hold 4 boards per locker, the new boats sunpad area is to shallow to allow the clearance for any boards to fit in there! I'm now stumped as to how I'm supposed to haul around 4 wakeboards and 3 surfs each time we go out!

Yeah, I really like the XLV for that aspect. I fit everything in the lockers during the drive. Although, that has totally backfired on me before when I had some boards in the playpen basement locker and started to fill ballast with the boards in there. :-(

sivs1
01-19-2016, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I really like the XLV for that aspect. I fit everything in the lockers during the drive. Although, that has totally backfired on me before when I had some boards in the playpen basement locker and started to fill ballast with the boards in there. :-(

That's the same with the LSV, can really fill up those lockers with gear. Honestly I did not pay much attention to the size of the lockers on the SA, I am hoping I can still fit surf boards back there, guess I'll find out in March after dealer unwraps it and does there prep. Our boat show is not until February, so besides trying to sell the LSV I'm enjoying the frozen stuff this time of year, so far has been a great snow year!

patrick232
01-19-2016, 02:48 PM

I did that when I had my XLV. In the Mondo rear without boots I can stack in this order from bottom up.
Kneeboard
Adult Surfboard
Teen Surfboard
2 adult wakeboards
1 teen / small adult wake board
1 child wakeboard (sometimes gets the boots left on)
wake skate
The boots go up front.
I noticed taking out one of the lower carpeted areas helped. noticed the 16's didn't have it.

The one thing i loved about the Mastercraft X25 or X35 with the storage, not if I could find a new one under $75K I would but it.

mmandley
01-19-2016, 03:34 PM
The issue isn't as much of the rear being smaller as it is shallow.

Mojo was the first Moomba they shortened the rear deck to give that to the cabin. With the super deep locker you can still fill it with boards.

The new Supra and other boats did exactly what we asked, they added hard tanks, these take a lot of room. This is one reason so many boats are getting taller and taller.

You as a consumer have to decide what's more important?

For me it's cabin room, bow room.

I would rather wrap my boards in towels and lay them in the cabin then give up cabin space for more storage.

Normally all summer when local, I just put my gear in my truck, then on the boat at the lake.

But yea the normal thing is smaller sun deck, less rear storage.

DatTexasBoy
01-19-2016, 05:54 PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Looked smaller to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trayson
01-19-2016, 06:59 PM
You as a consumer have to decide what's more important?

I guess that's another reason that the XLV was the boat I was destined to be in for quite a while. It's a great balance of cabin space and storage space, with the playpen bow adding even more storage! (I love me some playpen bow!!!)

I think that once I pull the trigger on a real automated surf system (like the Autoflow 2.0 by Wakeland when they adapt it to the XLV), it'll be even easier to keep the XLV long term...

jtatexc
01-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Couple mentions on the Craz. We got our 2016 in mid August and managed to put just over 40 hours on it before October. We couldn't be happier. Great quality and bang for the buck. We went to the Denver boat show last week and looking at boats twice the cost had me feeling really good about our purchase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
01-19-2016, 11:52 PM
Couple mentions on the Craz
I'm interested to learn as much as I can about the CRAZ! I still haven't seen much on it and would like any pictures or info on the whole aspect of the boat. Mainly concerned about the Wakeboarding Wake but Surf info is accepted. My local dealer Marine-Products (www.marine-products.com) has a CRAZ in stock that looks decent and pretty well equipped.
http://www.marine-products.com/boats/moomba/

rdlangston13
01-20-2016, 06:23 PM

I bet you can fit at least three surf boards in the port locker on that SE. Now wakeboards might present an issue.

jtatexc
01-20-2016, 11:37 PM
I upgraded the rear 750s to 1100s and that made a huge difference! It has performed as advertised. Great switches from goofy to regular and a nice long surf wave. We didn't do a ton of wakeboarding but the few sets we did had a damn big wake with a clean lip at 70' back. It really is just a touch shorter mojo. We had a couple trips with big crews and tons of room to spare . We are playing with the prop a little since we are a mile high here so we went down a couple notches, I'll share how that went come early April. But I tell you we couldn't be happier.

jtatexc
01-20-2016, 11:40 PM
Check these out. This is with stock bags, no video yet of the 1100s

https://youtu.be/bpATdKmeM9k

https://youtu.be/a0FpMmCp5cg

DFTR Josh
01-21-2016, 01:23 AM
We are playing with the prop a little since we are a mile high here so we went down a couple notches, I'll share how that went come early April. But I tell you we couldn't be happier.

What's the prop you upgraded to? I would like to see if a 15x12 would hold good RPM's at wake/surf speeds since we are pretty high in UT as well. I could care less on top end speed since most cruising is about 27 MPH.
The surf wave looks fine for what we would do or try to do. Mainly concerned with stock weight and how the Wakeboard wake is out of the box. Hope to get to ride behind the new CRAZ come this spring.

jtatexc
01-21-2016, 09:01 AM
I believe that is the prop we are trying. We won't have any info until early April but I'll post it when I see first hand. We didn't feel the stock prop was ideal especially for getting up to wakeboard speed, it needed more hole shot

DFTR Josh
01-21-2016, 10:58 AM
We didn't feel the stock prop was ideal
Do you remember the stock prop it came with? I'm pretty sure my dealer will let you choose between a few props, I could be wrong though. I used the 15x12 on my MB and it was like a whole new boat with the PCM343.

beat taco
01-21-2016, 12:17 PM
http://www.hookandmoor.com/video

One man docking made easy.

kaneboats
01-21-2016, 12:53 PM
Nothing easy about $179 plus shipping for a boat hook.

jtatexc
01-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Agree. Hard to argue the price for convenience on that product.

DFTR Josh
01-21-2016, 05:54 PM
I might be the only person that have not seen this picture. With a little help of google and WOW I'm amazed. If it's looks like this out of the box this thing is MONEY!

KG's Supra24
01-21-2016, 06:07 PM
I took a ride in that Craz last summer. I was impressed. Lake was crap, though, and I haven't chimed in bc we weren't able to wakeboard that day.

A pic from more straight on ....

http://www.moomba.com/sites/default/files/boats/2016%20Craz/2016-moomba-craz-six6036_4231.jpg

jtatexc
01-22-2016, 12:08 AM
Ya I can say that's the size we saw out of the box, obviously a lot more punch with the bigger sacs in the back just played hell getting up to speed hence the prop swap

KG's Supra24
01-22-2016, 12:32 AM
The factory upgrade is the OJ 945. 15x13.

Factory standard is 14.25x14.50

Is there a consensus on a better option?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

sandm
01-22-2016, 09:52 AM
man there is way too much talk and not enough pics in this thread :)
I missed the milwaukee boat show due to a trip to lost wages. wish I had been able to go.

sivs1
01-22-2016, 10:16 AM
man there is way too much talk and not enough pics in this thread :)
I missed the milwaukee boat show due to a trip to lost wages. wish I had been able to go.

I'm still a couple weeks out, but I'll try to take a bunch of pics.

DFTR Josh
01-22-2016, 11:04 AM
The factory upgrade is the OJ 945. 15x13.
On another model I used the standard acme 14.25x14.5 and it's not even close for my 2200 lbs, Gas, people, etc. I had to either empty ballast or run a half gas and it got old. Switched to the 15x12 and hot damn FILL EVERYTHING and lets ride while still keeping my RPM's in a decent range. I went and talked a little to Marine Products (www.marine-products.com)and they haven't prop tested a CRAZ yet. They said I can be the first, LOL... I'm going to start/search for another thread about options if anybody can add their .02 in.

I'm still a couple weeks out, but I'll try to take a bunch of pics.
I'm on the same schedule as sivs1!

CRAZy440
01-22-2016, 07:26 PM
Check these out. This is with stock bags, no video yet of the 1100s

https://youtu.be/bpATdKmeM9k

https://youtu.be/a0FpMmCp5cg

Those videos are great! I have watched them like ten times in my search for a new boat to purchase. The surf looks nice! Did you get the boat at Rocky Mountain Boat Co? I actually put a deposit on a Craz at the Denver Boat Show with Nick after looking at every price point boat for 4 hours with the wife! She was done by the end. :) Super nice people down there in Pueblo RoMoBoCo. Kind far but worth it I believe. They do have a local certified SC maintenance shop up north called Calibre. I am up at Carter Lake/Boyd Lake area. Cant wait to play! Should be a tiny difference from my '88 Supra Mariah! LOL

BTW did the Park Ranger stop you to say you can't sit on the back while moving??

jtatexc
01-22-2016, 07:45 PM
Ya I know Nick well and his brother Neil was the best man in my sisters weddng. ROMOBOCO is absolutely top notch! They really stand behind their stuff and work hard to make you happy.

We got stopped for towing 2 ppl (not illegal but they wanted to "warn" us) and one person sitting on deck which they also didn't like. We manage to get stopped just about every time we are at creek, generally for music haha.