PDA

View Full Version : automated ballast system

Thorpie
01-13-2016, 12:44 AM
Hi all
Been on here plenty, great site for new owners. I have a 2000 outback ls has any one installed a ballast system in their boat, if so any issues.
I was leaning towards installing one in the rear ski locker and 2 x smaller ones under bow seats. Also had the thought of putting a T peice on the raw water inlet, rather than pinch a hole in the hull.
I'd appreciate any feedback

Reson behind all this....My 12yo wants to try surfing and wants a bigger wake for jumping

Cheers

Thorpie

kaneboats
01-13-2016, 12:15 PM
Be very careful with adding weight up front in your Outback LS. Easy to take rollers over the bow in that model. I would never run weight up front without plenty in the rear filled first.

Check out this thread for Outback surf setups (post 5 shows the surf wake from my old 2000 Outback LS):

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?17837-Direct-Drive-and-Wakesurfing&highlight=surf+outback

Thorpie
01-13-2016, 05:45 PM
Yeah totally agree with the weight in the front, ill check that link out
Cheers Kaneboats

rdlangston13
01-16-2016, 10:41 AM
I would punch a new hole instead of robbing water from the engine raw water intake. It is really easy to punch a hole in the bottom and wakemakers has some very helpful how to videos.