PDA

View Full Version : gym floor tiles

jmvotto
01-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Happy New Year! Anyone have a good source for rubber gym mat interlocking floors tiles for a garage for a work out space 2' x2' tiles about 150 sq ft

Thanks in advance

KG's Supra24
01-04-2016, 05:47 PM
You reckon spending money will make the resolution stick? :p

dusty2221
01-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Lol. Cold, ice cold, just like the treadmill at KG'S house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

deerfield
01-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Anyone have a good source for rubber gym mat interlocking floors tiles

Joe – Yes. An area of floor in my Illinois house was set aside for a weight machine, free weights, bench press, and water rower. Underneath the equipment, which is still there, is more than 100 square feet of interlocking, black, rubber tiles, engineered to take abuse. Stuff is in pretty near perfect shape. These are yours, if interested, for free, although would want you to cover shipping cost. We have relocated to Virginia and are in process of putting the Illinois house on the market. I expect to be back at the Illinois house sometime in the next two weeks and more than glad to send you a picture of the tiles and exact dimension of area they cover. Also, would be able to get you an exact cost to send via UPS ground shipping. You can look around for alternatives and compare what is the best for you from cost and time standpoints. It's possible you find that buying locally gives you the best solution. Interested? - Stuart

jmvotto
01-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Joe – Yes. An area of floor in my Illinois house was set aside for a weight machine, free weights, bench press, and water rower. Underneath the equipment, which is still there, is more than 100 square feet of interlocking, black, rubber tiles, engineered to take abuse. Stuff is in pretty near perfect shape. These are yours, if interested, for free, although would want you to cover shipping cost. We have relocated to Virginia and are in process of putting the Illinois house on the market. I expect to be back at the Illinois house sometime in the next two weeks and more than glad to send you a picture of the tiles and exact dimension of area they cover. Also, would be able to get you an exact cost to send via UPS ground shipping. You can look around for alternatives and compare what is the best for you from cost and time standpoints. It's possible you find that buying locally gives you the best solution. Interested? - Stuart

Stuart, you the man . Yes I am interested .

Kg, this is for my daughters heavy bag she got for Xmas. No New Years resolution here.. I go to the gym 3 to 5 times a week doing spinning and cross fit. Yes my treadmill does not see much use anymore, but my peleton cycle does ..

mikenehrkorn
01-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Stuart........If Joe does not want those tiles for some reason I would definitely be interested for under my son's home gym. And I'm in the Chicago area so maybe shipping won't even be necessary.

kaneboats
01-05-2016, 02:52 PM
FYI, I saw these ads on Craigslist. Sometimes these suppliers advertise on there.

https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/sgd/5321151541.html

https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/sgd/5295068184.html

gregski
01-05-2016, 05:20 PM
Coincidentally, woot.com has these on sale (today only, $5 shipping)
http://www.woot.com/offers/interlocking-foam-exercise-mat-6-packs?utm_source=version1&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=api.woot.com

mikenehrkorn
01-05-2016, 06:20 PM
That stuff looks really nice......hmmmm, wonder how that might work for replacement carpet in the boat??

kaneboats
01-05-2016, 08:35 PM
I think I looked at it and the UV rays were going to be a problem.

jmvotto
01-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Those are foam. I was looking at rubber

viking
01-05-2016, 11:34 PM
They aren't interlocking but I use 4x8 sheets of 3/4" or 5/8" rubber mat. Not sure about your area but around here you can find them at most ranch supply stores. They are heavy duty and inexpensive

deerfield
01-06-2016, 12:07 AM
Yes I am interested.

Joe - I will post picture on this thread, week of the 18th, when I am back in Illinois. If you decide to go with a different solution, the tiles will go to Mike. - Stuart

Gmark
01-06-2016, 12:50 AM
Yes, the stall matts that Viking mentioned is what I use. Got them at tractor supply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmvotto
01-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Joe - I will post picture on this thread, week of the 18th, when I am back in Illinois. If you decide to go with a different solution, the tiles will go to Mike. - Stuart

no problem

thanks stuart

deerfield
01-30-2016, 08:25 PM
Made it to Illinois. So, here is a picture of the rubber tile. Not including the fingers, it measures 28” x 28”. There are a total of twenty. They interlock to create a strong, resilient, 9’ 10” x 12’ 7” surface for athletic equipment. jmvotto, check your private messages.

jmvotto
01-31-2016, 09:42 AM
Thanks Stuart. Looks great. I replied

CRAZy440
02-01-2016, 05:16 PM
They aren't interlocking but I use 4x8 sheets of 3/4" or 5/8" rubber mat. Not sure about your area but around here you can find them at most ranch supply stores. They are heavy duty and inexpensive

Yeah this! I had my entire garage covered with this stuff now my basement. They are for horse stalls so they are super durable and don't smell too bad like rubber and the little smell does dissipate fast. They do weigh about 100 lbs though. You may need help placing them. Since they weigh a lot, they don't move easy which is good if you are OCD like me and need them to touch! I also use 4 of them in the back of my F250 for traction with out giving up bed space! Works great. They are the cheapest option. Get them at any farm store, like Viking said. Go with the cheapest option in thickness. It will do fine. The gym stuff is super expensive unless you get used stuff. Most of that gym stuff is thin and as well.

deerfield
02-06-2016, 01:04 AM
Last piece of weight training equipment was moved out of the house. It was donated to the Goodwill store and sold in less than 5 minutes. No kidding. Great to see it find a new home. So, rubber tiles should be on the way to New York early this coming week.

deerfield
02-13-2016, 11:11 AM
Joe - Sent you an email earlier this week about cost to ship the rubber tiles, letting you know it is triple what UPS originally quoted. They require three boxes and clerk quoted only cost of shipping one box when I got the estimate. Am holding on to the tiles until you get back to me. I am sorry about the screw up. - Stuart

deerfield
02-14-2016, 11:01 AM
Stuart........If Joe does not want those tiles for some reason I would definitely be interested for under my son's home gym. And I'm in the Chicago area so maybe shipping won't even be necessary.

Mike - PM sent this morning. - Stuart

mikenehrkorn
02-14-2016, 12:37 PM
You have a reply waiting....