PDA

View Full Version : 15 Mondo Center Ballast Pump

yukon2007
01-01-2016, 08:05 PM
Hi folks, I need some help on this. We took out our 2015 Mondo for some New Year surfing and discovered that our center built in hull ballast would not fill or empty. The light illuminates on the switch but know go. Checked all breakers and fuses and all was ok. I then took off the back panel where the center ballast pump was and disconnect it and connected it to the port harness ballast pump. Turned on the port switch and it worked. By chance I had a volt meter in the boat and took a reading. No voltage. Does anyone know where the fuse or breaker is for the center ballast. I want to make sure I'm not missing something. The harnesses from the ballast pumps connect to a black panel called a PDM. Boat is still under warranty but don't want the hassle of hauling the boat to the dealer if it's something simple.
Any thoughts?

yukon2007
04-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Update:
Took the boat to the dealer and they determined it was the PDM. New one installed and all is now working.

kaneboats
04-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Good result.

yukon2007
04-04-2016, 04:17 PM
Yes.
So not sure if this is a coincidence but my sister in law has a Mastercraft X25 and the surf tabs wouldn't deploy. She took it to the dealer and they changed out the PDM as well. All works now. Low and behold the PDM was made by a company called Murphy. The same one in my Mondo. Her dealer told her this has been a random problem going back to 2012 with this module and dime dealers are aware of it. I guess we will have to keep are eyes on this!