PDA

View Full Version : Low fuel pressure

Warrenbn
12-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Been lurking around this forum and many others for quite awhile and finally decided to sign up and ask a question. I have a 2001 outback ls. It seems to be having a fuel pressure problem and I have a question about the fuel lines that run to the tank. The low pressure pump has been replaced recently and I put a new water separater on the high pressure pump also. After switching the water serperater everything ran good for about 10 min. But then I started loosing fuel pressure and don't have enough to get the injectors to spray. Anyway I decided I'd check the fuel lines and the anti siphon valve. The anti siphon doesn't seem to be locked up and looks fine. However I was able to only unscrew one of the two valves on top of the fuel tank but not the other due to it being corroded. The one I was able to unscrew did not have a line down into the tank to draw the fuel out. I was under the idea that both fuel lines would need a draw hose down in the tank to pull the fuel out. Am I correct or does only the valve I can't unscrew have a hose down into the tank? Thanks any help or knowledge about the fuel system is appreciated. I have read on many other forums and this one but haven't been able to find anything about this

bcheung
08-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Just started looking for a solution to my problem here as well. I think the portion of the tank near the fuel filler has the main filler hose, and 2 vents. One vent goes back up to the cap, and the other gets routed near the stern. I was thinking the same thing you were thinking, that the aluminum fitting was the anti-siphon valve, but it's just a vent. I was also surprised to see no fuel pickup hose, so it must just be a vent. I'm still looking for where the actual siphon valve and fuel pickup are located without tearing up the stern end of the boat. I'm taking the carpet off the back of the back seat this afternoon to have a look.