PDA

View Full Version : Wakeplate

mattjj23
06-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Is there any type of wakeplate you can get for an 06' Outback, either from Moomba or aftermarket? I like the setup they have on Malibu's and would like something like that for my Outback.

Legace
06-25-2006, 06:43 PM
A wakeplate is an option on all Moombas. Malibu has the wedge.

mattjj23
06-25-2006, 07:22 PM
How can I get the wakeplate and how much are they? Is it like the wedge on Malibu's? I like the wedge on malibu's because it adds 1000 lbs of drag and it eliminates having to have a rear ballast to enhance the wake for wakeboarding.

JoeTechie
06-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Read this:

http://www.moomba.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2857

AS stated - the plain small outback has a flat hull, the larger boats "V, LS, LSV and XLV" have a convex rear hull (like the Tige ) The wakeplate counteracts this and makes the boat act flat - it does not CREATE a wake - the hull does that. It is used to shape the wake or reduce it for sking/runnig fast.

The Wedge is a submersible upside-down wing that pulls the rear of the hull underwater creating a wake. This would be more what you are looking for if you can find one aftermarket.

-Joe

smokedog2
06-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Boats w/o the wedge are not designed to have one. I am very happy witht eh plate $700 - $800 option (in 05 I think - could be way wrong).

Not a must have on the boat but close to it IMHO

SD2