PDA

View Full Version : Non skid snap on flooring 2012 mojo

Ironcross25
12-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Is it an option to buy the nonskid snap in flooring like the newer mojos have? 2012 mojo. The dealer by me seems to be clueless

Nick
2012 mojo

mmandley
12-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Are you referring to the Plastic Mesh type flooring?
The Carpet with the non slip Pad?
Or the Gator Step stuff?

Plastic Mesh <miners moss) SC doesn't sell it for the 22.5 Mojo
Carpet You can still buy but has to be ordered by dealer from SC
Gator Step Step is custom, you have to contact the company who makes the Gator step stuff. We have one in Portland, several friends use them but I have not gone that route.

My issue with the Gator step, <same thing as the factory swim deck, and non slip kick panel, nose treatments, is it gets super hot in the sun, also when you scratch it the mark never goes away.

I have been leaning towards a custom Miner Moss carpet replacement for the Mojo this coming year, but I have a REALLY big upgrade I am ironing out the details for first, thinking of switching to the Wake Makers Surf System.

BamaMojo
12-19-2015, 07:39 PM
That stuff will melt feet in the summer sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moombahighrider
12-19-2015, 09:27 PM
but I have a REALLY big upgrade I am ironing out the details for first, thinking of switching to the Wake Makers Surf System.

I pulled the trigger on the surf system for my lsv with the Black Friday deal. Still haven't received it but can't wait to get it and do the install.

icemanftr
12-19-2015, 09:49 PM
I pulled the trigger on the surf system for my lsv with the Black Friday deal. Still haven't received it but can't wait to get it and do the install.

What deal was that? I paid 1000 shipped for Manual flow surf for my 13 LSV. Should be installed in a few weeks.

moombahighrider
12-19-2015, 10:01 PM
What deal was that? I paid 1000 shipped for Manual flow surf for my 13 LSV. Should be installed in a few weeks.

Wakemakers Black Friday deal.

icemanftr
12-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Wakemakers Black Friday deal.

Good deal? When I looked it was still like 4K. Which is 2k about auto flow

moombahighrider
12-19-2015, 10:06 PM
Good deal? When I looked it was still like 4K. Which is 2k about auto flow

15% off.

Auto flow is not an option for my 2008 lsv.

icemanftr
12-19-2015, 10:08 PM
15% off.

Auto flow is not an option for my 2008 lsv.

Nice! Yeah it sucks they don't model back a little. Be awesome to see how well there's performs on boats like yours. Could be a game changer and keep people from trying to constantly upgrade and lose their ass on their boats. I love my 13 LSV and don't see the point in losing 30k to get a few years newer with a cooler screen and auto surf. Lol

moombahighrider
12-19-2015, 10:11 PM
Nice! Yeah it sucks they don't model back a little. Be awesome to see how well there's performs on boats like yours. Could be a game changer and keep people from trying to constantly upgrade and lose their ass on their boats. I love my 13 LSV and don't see the point in losing 30k to get a few years newer with a cooler screen and auto surf. Lol

I have way too much invested in upgrades in my boat to consider a new boat. This is my baby for a while....

c h r i s
12-20-2015, 01:31 AM
Are you referring to the Plastic Mesh type flooring?
The Carpet with the non slip Pad?
Or the Gator Step stuff?

Plastic Mesh <miners moss) SC doesn't sell it for the 22.5 Mojo
Carpet You can still buy but has to be ordered by dealer from SC
Gator Step Step is custom, you have to contact the company who makes the Gator step stuff. We have one in Portland, several friends use them but I have not gone that route.

My issue with the Gator step, <same thing as the factory swim deck, and non slip kick panel, nose treatments, is it gets super hot in the sun, also when you scratch it the mark never goes away.

I have been leaning towards a custom Miner Moss carpet replacement for the Mojo this coming year, but I have a REALLY big upgrade I am ironing out the details for first, thinking of switching to the Wake Makers Surf System.

Mandley, have you looked into the wakeland system? I just got a quote for my '13 mojo from the closest Moomba dealer, substantially cheaper than the makers system and you retain hull warranty (plus price included installation). No remote key fob for switches though.

c h r i s
12-20-2015, 01:35 AM
Sorry for the previous highjack, I too want to punt the 22.5' mojo carpet for a more modern snap in alternative...I too have met my baby and am in no position to upgrade the whole ride. Look forward to alternatives.

BamaMojo
12-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Sorry for the previous highjack, I too want to punt the 22.5' mojo carpet for a more modern snap in alternative...I too have met my baby and am in no position to upgrade the whole ride. Look forward to alternatives.

Look into miners moss for your flooring. Works much better than the other alternatives. There is a certain Moderator that can give great insight and how to info. You guys will not be disappointed.

mmandley
12-20-2015, 10:27 PM
Mandley, have you looked into the wakeland system? I just got a quote for my '13 mojo from the closest Moomba dealer, substantially cheaper than the makers system and you retain hull warranty (plus price included installation). No remote key fob for switches though.

I haven't recently but I just pinged them for more information.

smorris7
12-21-2015, 07:55 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/21/6022d1b4846b2c8f5a42959d7a84d391.jpg

This is in my 12 mojo and I love it. Does not get hot and even in TX.

c h r i s
12-21-2015, 09:12 AM
I like it smorris what is that? Did you have to glue it down? I'm leaning towards the grey minors moss. I've got 3 boys under 8 so I need to be able to remove and wash/rinse.

dusty2221
12-21-2015, 10:17 AM
This is the first I have seen anyone talk about Gatorstep/Seadeck type material getting hot in the sun. You girls tender footed or what?

smorris7
12-21-2015, 10:51 AM
I like it smorris what is that? Did you have to glue it down? I'm leaning towards the grey minors moss. I've got 3 boys under 8 so I need to be able to remove and wash/rinse.

That is Hydro Turf. Decided to get rid of the snap in carpet and go to something that was easy to maintain. If it gets dirty I spray it off with water! Don't have to worry about wet carpet or taking it in and out to dry.

smorris7
12-21-2015, 10:52 AM
This is the first I have seen anyone talk about Gatorstep/Seadeck type material getting hot in the sun. You girls tender footed or what?

Must be from up North....:p

mmandley
12-21-2015, 03:13 PM

Im not talking Sea Dec, that stuff gets warm in the sun.

Gator step is what SC starting using in 13 for the swim decks, if its wet, its plenty cool. But I will tell you, even in the PNW sun that stuff will burn the chit out of you.

This stuff is really resilient compared to Sea Dec. I loved my Sea Deck on the LSV but Oso was tearing it up with his claws when getting in and jumping off the swim deck.

The new Gator step doesn't tear but it shows scratch marks.

As for Smorris floor, that looks like Sea Dec and would be great in the boat, I could go for that.

Where did you buy it? I assume its a pre made pattern for the Mojo?

mmandley
12-21-2015, 03:15 PM

That stuff on the lick panel under the dash, that's what I am referring to as Gator step, that stuff will melt your feet off.

smorris7
12-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Its Hydro Turf (the same thing that Agenda uses as traction) in fact you can buy it from agenda in all different patterns and colors. I bought it by the sheet and made my own pattern using the raised surface on the fiberglass. Just traced out the pattern and cut the turf with a exacto knife. It comes with the 3M backing so its cut and stick. Super easy.

Im not talking Sea Dec, that stuff gets warm in the sun.

Gator step is what SC starting using in 13 for the swim decks, if its wet, its plenty cool. But I will tell you, even in the PNW sun that stuff will burn the chit out of you.

This stuff is really resilient compared to Sea Dec. I loved my Sea Deck on the LSV but Oso was tearing it up with his claws when getting in and jumping off the swim deck.

The new Gator step doesn't tear but it shows scratch marks.

As for Smorris floor, that looks like Sea Dec and would be great in the boat, I could go for that.

Where did you buy it? I assume its a pre made pattern for the Mojo?

c h r i s
12-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Interesting. How's the 3m adhesive hold up after a season of sun and h2o?

Link:
http://agendasurf.com/sheet-boat-traction-40.html

kaneboats
12-22-2015, 03:28 PM
Mine's still perfect after a full season. Still love it. My pics are in post #100 in this thread:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?24591-Replacing-carpeted-flooring-with-HydroTruf/page10&highlight=swamp

smorris7
12-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Interesting. How's the 3m adhesive hold up after a season of sun and h2o?

Link:
http://agendasurf.com/sheet-boat-traction-40.html

Probably too good. Might be difficult to take it out if I needed to.

jtatexc
12-22-2015, 05:57 PM
I used that hydro turf to do my last swim platform and it lasted 3 years with no issue (I sold the boat at 3 years). I did bedliner on the sides and under of the teak deck and that on top, and I was very impressed. Taking it off is a nightmare though, that 3m adhesive is no joke, it BONDS so plan on it staying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

viking
12-23-2015, 10:02 AM
+1 on Deckadence Flooring. I went ahead and pulled the trigger this summer for the new ride. It's thicker than most miners moss options you can find for a DIY. Also got a discount for providing a template since they didn't have one yet. After using it for a whole summer I don't think I'll ever use anything else on my rides. Well worth the cost IMO.23313

mmandley
12-24-2015, 01:07 AM
+1 on Deckadence Flooring. I went ahead and pulled the trigger this summer for the new ride. It's thicker than most miners moss options you can find for a DIY. Also got a discount for providing a template since they didn't have one yet. After using it for a whole summer I don't think I'll ever use anything else on my rides. Well worth the cost IMO.23313

Just sent them a message, this is the way I wanted to go from the beginning.

Thanks

I'll post something if they let me get a Mojo pattern set up for the others who are interested.

CFD3Captain
12-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Dekadence is what I want to do as well! Maybe we should see about getting a few templates done and seeing about a group buy? I've seen a few other boat forums get group buys for this flooring!

mmandley
12-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Dekadence is what I want to do as well! Maybe we should see about getting a few templates done and seeing about a group buy? I've seen a few other boat forums get group buys for this flooring!

Once I get a reply from them and see where its at, I will pitch that idea, I want to get more details before I stir up the masses LOL

Ironcross25
12-28-2015, 09:49 AM

That looks awesome. Exactly what I am looking for. Thanks! I don't mind the carpet but with kids I'm always digging gold fish and other food out of the carpet. Plus it seems to get a funk every now and then. I like the idea of just hosing it down.

Nick
2012 mojo