PDA

View Full Version : Boat Storage

qb12
06-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Okay, I am sick of trying to stick a 22ft boat in a 18ft garage.

There is a new place by the lake we go to that has a 12X32 that is 12ft high door avail for $100.00 a month and no contract. It is secure by a chain fence.

How much are you guys paying for storage?

and sd2, I already know you don't pay anything.

Hope everyone is having a great summer.

Doug

BigRed0803
06-25-2006, 01:44 PM
I have a storage unit the same size as the one you are looking at for $75 a month. You can't beat having the boat already at the lake and not having to worry with towing it back and forth. I would definitely do it.

smokedog2
06-25-2006, 09:44 PM
No - my buddy that stores HIS boat there and pays no rent - HE pays nothing. :p

SD2

05mobiusxlv
06-26-2006, 01:32 AM
This year, I have the exact size storage unit you are looking at, its new, and $75 a month. Last year, I had an old run down unit that was the same measurements but 42 ft long, and it was $95 a month. It's close to the water, and worth every cent.

I took my boat to my home town for a week, and had to collapse my tower every night to put in my dads garage, and drive 20 miles to the water. Spent more on gas that week then my storage unit costs for the month. That's another way to look at it. And I about broke my back lifting that heavy tower up and down.

I'm sure this post didn't help you much, I just wanted my 100th post, and to be a senior member finally. sorry :p

radryan
06-26-2006, 12:17 PM
I have an older storage unit 2 miles from the lake that is 12 X 27 and is supposed to be 45 a month but with a year contract you get 2 months free so it works out to 37.50 a month. Great folks, I like it better than the brand new units that are a bit closer but atleast twice the cost. If you boat at clinton lake then there is no better deal than Tom's storage.

qb12
06-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks everyone. It seems maybe a bit high considering what you others are paying. It is less than a mile from the ramp, and right now pulling the boat back and forth on saturdays and sundays is about a 80 mile round trip.

I think I will go ahead and get it.

db

gotmyboat
06-26-2006, 01:32 PM
You guys are making me jealous. In Reno a 12x25 storage unit with a 10' wide door is $125 - $175 per month, and most places have waiting lists to get in. I have a 29' motorhome that I park on a gravel lot (with on-site managers and 24hr access) for $52 per month. My boat is in the garage for the summer, but must move out before the snow and frost (we hate scraping windows.) I fear my pride and joy will end up shrink-wrapped and parked in the gravel for the winter. OH THE HUMANITY!!!
My dealer is gracious enough to provide a winterize, wrap, indoor winter storage, and summarize for the low, low price of $1695. I'm thinking that is money better spent on perfect pass.

Enjoy the low price storage, and think of me.

Dave

BensonWdby
06-26-2006, 11:14 PM
$1695???? That guy is insane.

Winterize should not be more than $200-$250
Storage, if expensive, maybe $500. I can get ido storage around here under $400 from October to end of May.
Maybe a new impeller every year? $100

That is still only half what this guy is charging.

Dave