PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Moomba XLV

trevormcfar
12-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Hey guys, looking for some supplemental information here. I am partners in a boat and looking to buy my partner out. Here is what we have. Thoughts on what would be a fair price? We orginally purchased the boat new in 2010 (although it was a 2008 model) for $41K all in (minus the tower speaker set up as we added this on after the fact).

2008 XLV
Boat:
* 340 hp upgrade
* CNC 4 Prop Upgrade ($120.00 upgrade vrs 3 prop standard)
* Appearance package (docking lights and stainless steel rub bar)
* Stereo w/ transom remote (swim grid) with stereo remote on drivers side.
* Stereo has iPod dock and amp for speakers.
* Snap on/off cockpit and bow covers
* Z5 cargo rack/Biminis ($2500.00 vrs reg top of $900.00)
* Tower mirror bracket & mirror
* wakeboard racks (non swivel)
* Mobius streak graphics
* Depth finder
* Gravity III ballast (3 bags) (400lbs each on back & 300lbs in middle)
* Water Strainer on ballast system
* Storage under front seats
* Hydraulic wake plate
* Perfect pass wakeboard pro
* Pop up cleats
* Heaters - one pull out on passenger side & one fixed on driver side
Dual Batteries
Bilge pump

Trailer:
* aluminum step plates on trailer (Tandem)
* Pole Guide on Trailer
* Spare tire
* Tandem
* Boat tie downs while on trailer (rear) included

Added on after the fact - 4 Exile speakers 2 SXT65 and 2 X7 with a 1000exile amp, plus sub & amp to run the sub with wetsounds equalizer. The cost on the additional sterio equipment was about $4500.00. (canadian)

I am doing my obvious research on: only inboards .com, Kijiji, Boat Trader & Iboats to get an idea.... Just was hoping for the forums .25 worth. The interior needs work, probably about $1500.00 worth of vynal repair (seats are cracked to hell) I already priced this out and will factor this in... Boat has 636 hours on it. Other than the cracks in the venal, the boat is in great shape.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Trevor.

trayson
12-03-2015, 11:26 PM
I have the same boat. I'd say a nice round $30k is a fair number for what you've got so buy out at $15k for half. My boat had a little less stereo but had vinyl in a lot better shape. other than that, it's pretty damn compareable to what I have. Sure if you sold it in the spring it might fetch $35k or more, but I think considering the deal that you got on it in the first place, I wouldn't want to pick a value over $30k for you to absorb half of.

gregski
12-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Hopefully you saw this as a comp:
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?27242-2007-Moomba-XLV-F-S-30-000

A few pluses and minuses and you're right back, real close to $30k.

tjuggy
12-05-2015, 12:47 AM
Where are you located? Are yall selling the boat or are you just buying out your partner?

gpd005
12-07-2015, 04:27 PM
I think the $30K number is a fair starting point. I have an 09 and I keep a pretty good eye on things and that seems to be about the going rate for a decent XLV right now. Your stereo set up is a lot nicer than most will have but that washes with the interior repairs needed. Very nice boat!

trevormcfar
12-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks guys... I live in Alberta and looking to buy my partner out for now... Not sure what we will do afterwards... a new boat would be nice LOL...
Thank you again for your help....
T