PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Question

crr1876
11-30-2015, 04:02 PM
So I just ordered the 750 IBS sumo sac and 2 1100 fly high sacs for my LSV, getting ready for surfing!

I have seen multiple threads on here about plumbing the IBS off the ski locker ballast but I had a couple questions. Right now I have gravity 1 stock setup with only the center bag, plan to fill the 1100s with tsunami pump until I can afford to upgrade to reversibles. My question is can i plumb the IBS off the center bag with my current setup? I thought I could however the guy at wake makers told me since I have a bag and not a hard tank I will have draining problems. Is this because I am not using the reversible style pumps? So for now I plan to fill IBS and 1100 sacs with tsunami pumps, until next years sale!

sivs1
11-30-2015, 04:50 PM
Yes and no. Yes you can fill it and yes it will struggle to drain completely. I installed an IBS and set it all up on it's own thru-hull, pumps and switch. Over the side pump may be quicker, so might be your best bet.

mmandley
11-30-2015, 09:49 PM
You can fill off your center bag, but to drain I would buy 1 or 2 tsunami pumps and they go on the Legs of the IBS bag. You can directly tie them into the factory drain pump also, just change the fuse to a 10 amp. Then it will run all three pumps at the same to drain.

Also you will need a vent for filling, this can be tired to your drain Through hull with a T and a check valve to keep the water from draining back down into the bag during draining.

Its pretty inexpensive and safe, these pumps can run dry and when the bag is full they just push the water out the vent.

crr1876
12-02-2015, 12:35 AM
Thanks guys, I will look into adding those pumps to plumb it in or may just wait until next year and upgrade to fully automated reversibles.