PDA

View Full Version : Question for everyone

sivs1
11-20-2015, 04:08 PM
So needing some advice and who better to ask.

Last winter my buddy and I started a non-profit to provide kids an opportunity to enjoy outdoor recreation without the burdon of costs called the foundation for outdoor recreation. www.tffor.org.

Here's a snippet:
"the foundation for outdoor recreation is a non-profit organization that provides outdoor educational opportunities for children and young adults that financially do not have the means otherwise. Through participation and training in winter and summer recreational activities tffor helps young people develop personal skills important to becoming confident individuals by building athletic capability, sportsmanship, self-discipline, and self-esteem. With these skills, children and young adults are better equipped to achieve academic excellence and to pursue college studies, professional training, or other personal goals. tffor believes that recreation activities help teach work ethics, determination, and builds character. The tffor program gives young men and women the necessary tools to be successful in life. We start with children as young as 7 years and through potential scholarships will work with that child through age 18. They learn how to support and mentor one another and endeavor as a team. "

What I would like to know is does Skiers Choice have any community initiatives in place to partner with an organization such as this? www.mountainsidewake.com is a local company that basically demos a boat all summer through Marine Products which then is sold with full warranty. They are for profit, while we are not and do not charge kids to go out on the water, in fact we provide everything including food while they are with us. I have sent Rick T a message as well as an e-mail and he has not responded to find out more.

We have been using my LSV for the bulk of everything we do on the water, it's a great boat, but we could offer so much more with a newer boat.

Thanks for the help and any feedback.

DFTR Josh
11-22-2015, 01:30 PM
How about reaching out to the person that started Wake The World? He might be able to get some advice of where to start and who to talk with. It's really tough to get started with companies backing since a lot would push towards advertising for them. You could also take your questions to all the local shops and see what they would say. Awesome what you're doing, good luck...

sivs1
11-23-2015, 09:47 PM
that's a good recommendation. They don't have a local event so can even try to partner and get them in Utah.