PDA

View Full Version : Do I fog my engine?

Leirhiht
11-17-2015, 09:53 PM
I have a 08 skiers choice moomba mobius lsv with a 5.7L. I am thinking of winterizing it in December or January but I have one thing I'm unclear about. Do I not fog this engine because it has catalytic converters? I've read different forums saying different things...
Any thoughts?

brain_rinse
11-17-2015, 10:06 PM
If it has cats you just need to fog through each spark plug hole (NOT through the intake.)

Leirhiht
11-18-2015, 02:06 PM
If it has cats you just need to fog through each spark plug hole (NOT through the intake.)

Awesome thank you! How long do i spray into each hole? Do I need to spin the starter to have the fogging agent get to the pistons or just spray it and reinstall the plugs and leave it alone?

brain_rinse
11-18-2015, 02:40 PM
I give each cylinder about a 5 count and then turn the engine over for 3 seconds with the coil wire off

deerfield
11-19-2015, 12:22 AM
I give each cylinder about a 5 count and then turn the engine over for 3 seconds with the coil wire off

Agree. Have followed this practice at end of every season. Boat is an '07 Outback. Engine runs well.

jmb
11-27-2015, 03:48 PM
I have never done this. Boat is an '05 with 988 hrs on it and have never had an issue. I start it once a month. Now I do live in a warmer climate

Leirhiht
11-27-2015, 03:57 PM
I have never done this. Boat is an '05 with 988 hrs on it and have never had an issue. I start it once a month. Now I do live in a warmer climate

Mine is in a storage unit 40 mins away. I cannot start it until lake season starts again. Hopefully in April at the latest.

DOCDRS
11-27-2015, 11:57 PM

Curious, with the coil wire off, you will still be dumping fuel into the engine, you have just created a non spark environment and potentially throw a ecm code??? maybe , vs the flooded engine mode (nss full throttle engaged ) where no fuel is put in but there may be spark, yet you will not throw any codes as this is a ecm preprogrammed mode. Which is better???

brain_rinse
11-27-2015, 11:59 PM
Good question. What about just pulling the emergency shutoff? Is that what you mean by nss?

cornrickey
11-28-2015, 12:56 AM
All you need is a couple revolutions, shouldn't be a problem

DOCDRS
11-28-2015, 10:24 AM
Good question. What about just pulling the emergency shutoff? Is that what you mean by nss?

Neutral Safety Switch so the transmission isn't engaged , for those times you need to give it some throttle to start, but when in wot it