PDA

View Full Version : Motor mount bolts loose at frame

z28ke
11-15-2015, 04:09 PM
Appears they use lag bolts straight into the fiberglass to hold the brackets that support the motor. I have bolts pulling out of both sides, but on the port side the bracket has actually pulled away from the fiberglass frame rail at an angle. See pictures. Anyone else had issues with this? Advise for fix other than just tighten back down? Since the port side mount has moved some will I need to check propshaft alignment? Thanks

DOCDRS
11-17-2015, 08:45 AM
It appears this may have been like this from the build, other wise the entire mount is coming away from the stringer. The top bolt would have to be loose as well. If this was the way it was ,i would put some washer between the mount and the stringer ,then get an appropriate length new bolt and lag it back in , dont get too long of one or you will not get it all the way in. Has the alignment or motor mounts never been checked before ?

gmg
11-17-2015, 05:54 PM
Mine on my 2006 LSV looks the same way, had 50 hours on when I bought it and now has 200. Has never changed and has had no problems with coulpler or anything, just going to leave well enough alone.

z28ke
11-17-2015, 09:39 PM
I haven't taken it to the dealership since the 20hr service back in 2008, have done the rest myself and have not checked propshaft alignment. I've never had a reason to but now noticing this I'm a little concerned.

I like the idea of using washers/spacers where the mount is not flush and tightening it back down. Will check the alignment first and if it's good then I guess this is how it was set. If it's off then I need to bring it back flush with the frame and realign.

A couple of the bolts had loosened, would it be appropriate to use an epoxy on the threads before tightening?

Thanks for the input guys, also good to know yours looks the same and has been trouble free. Nothing seemed wrong with mine last time out. Thanks again