PDA

View Full Version : Mobius ran without water

sledneck__11
11-05-2015, 05:00 PM
This happened one the last trip out i had boat in water on idle to warm up and ran back to the truck with the mrs at the boat i was gone mb 3 to 5 min max and came back and temp gauge was already at 140, so i shut it down and we loaded it and took it home, the inlet had gotten blocked and was running dry and i will not be gettin boat back on the water this year to see of everything is ok,what all should i check or what could have been damaged without water going theough raw water pump on idle thanks everyone

sivs1
11-05-2015, 05:05 PM
in all reality, you should be fine. Your best course of action right now would be to hook up the fake a lake and run it in the driveway to check everything over.

viking
11-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Yup and I'd also pull impeller and check it over! Quick cheap fix if it's a goner.
Boat will start to overheat in driveway on fake-a-lake if it is.

mjr119
11-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Probably just smoked the impeller if it wasnt getting any water. Maybe not though. Replace it anyways. You will be fine, engine wise.

zabooda
11-05-2015, 07:46 PM
Probably just smoked the impeller if it wasnt getting any water. Maybe not though. Replace it anyways. You will be fine, engine wise.

X2. Impellers don't last long without lubrication.

kaneboats
11-05-2015, 09:52 PM
I think they run at about 160 so 140 shouldn't hurt a thing. With no water at all you probably fried your impeller. May have seen some black rubber smoke and smelled it if you did. I'd replace the impeller and that would probably do it.

mmandley
11-06-2015, 08:03 AM
Agree with the above, don't even worry about checking the Impeller, just replace it.

As long as the Temp wasn't over 200 then you will be fine. On average an engine can idle 5-10 minutes before its over heated.