PDA

View Full Version : Wake makers wave control

aapwayneo2001
11-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Anyone have this? If so how is it? or is moomba flow a better option if you don't mind manual adjustments

http://www.wakemakers.com/wavecontrol?%3Futm_medium=display&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=WaveControl

jstenger
11-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Totally different from the Flow. It is similar to the Autoflow. It is actually Go Surf Assist with a new name.

Crane man
11-04-2015, 07:56 PM
Looks like a good option for an older boat. I like the 2 piece tabs with the pass through ports. They look like they will pull deeper like the wedge

KG's Supra24
11-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Still a little steep price wise ... at least for me. Think I'll still lean newer but who knows

Looks beefy and well built.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

aapwayneo2001
11-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Still a little steep price wise ... at least for me. Think I'll still lean newer but who knows

Looks beefy and well built.

I know what you mean but I can talk my wife into $4K easier than I can $50K lol

Jceclipse01
11-04-2015, 10:34 PM
That's what I was thinking

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

KG's Supra24
11-04-2015, 10:37 PM
Very true. We have been thinking about change anyways, surf system has just become a priority.

This does seem like a solid solution for full automation features the newest boats offer.

aapwayneo2001
11-05-2015, 12:55 AM
Not sure I like the wireless option...not sure if it has a manual switch at the helm or not... I didn't see anything listed about it but I guess you could just hit the remote if you are switching from regular rider to goofy rider...definitely a time saver vs filling and emptying bags to change riders

mmandley
11-05-2015, 01:00 AM
Also figure Installation.

Go Surf people will only let a dealer install it so put money aside for that.

We have a guy on here that did a big thread over the summer who had it installed on his Supra. Seems like a pretty legit system. I think 4K is way to much.

I was quoted 3K for the Auto Flow to be installed on my Mojo but also it would cost me re-glassing the entire back of my boat after they removed the Manual flow. So I would be looking at 4K for Auto flow, while I am not opposed to paying that, I am not exactly willing to pay it either LOL.

aapwayneo2001
11-05-2015, 08:36 AM
How would the moomba flow compare to this...I mean of course its manual but as far as wave production how is the flow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
11-05-2015, 08:55 AM
I assume you mean the Auto Flow, that would be the most comparable system, and honestly its hard to compare because no one really has this unit. In order to even have a fare comparison you would have to have someone with X boat and Auto Flow, then same year and weighted boat with this device. Same rider ride both for a true heads up comparison.

You really cant compare this to the Flow as the Flow uses a different technology to create the water convergence. It goes out to the side creating drag and moveing the water flow.

This devise is off the back pushing down and changing the water flow coming off the bottom of the boat.

smorris7
11-05-2015, 09:58 AM
This is what MB is putting on their new 16's from the factory. They must be well built if a manufacturer is putting it on new boats!

aapwayneo2001
11-05-2015, 10:09 AM
I assume you mean the Auto Flow, that would be the most comparable system, and honestly its hard to compare because no one really has this unit. In order to even have a fare comparison you would have to have someone with X boat and Auto Flow, then same year and weighted boat with this device. Same rider ride both for a true heads up comparison.

You really cant compare this to the Flow as the Flow uses a different technology to create the water convergence. It goes out to the side creating drag and moveing the water flow.

This devise is off the back pushing down and changing the water flow coming off the bottom of the boat.

I get that there is no comparison...will the moomba flow help produce more push? I am running 900# in the rear stock center and 400# up front for now, looking to ad IBS in the near future

mikenehrkorn
11-05-2015, 10:14 AM

I know that was what they had posted on their website before, but it looks like they now allow anyone to do it...right from Wakemakers website:

Installation?
Each WaveControl system comes with detailed installation instructions and a mounting template for the Go Surf Assist tabs and the WaveControl Master Controller. The typical installation takes less than two hours and can be completed with basic power tools.
If you want to complete the installation yourself we include lifetime technical support with each WaveControl System. If you don’t feel comfortable doing the install please contact us and we can put you in touch with the registered WaveControl dealer in your area.

mmandley
11-05-2015, 10:25 AM
I get that there is no comparison...will the moomba flow help produce more push? I am running 900# in the rear stock center and 400# up front for now, looking to ad IBS in the near future

There is a lot of info on the site about the Flow and how it works.

Short answer is Yes it adds push.

I was running 1500 in the rear of my Mojo, added Flow and the wave is better with 900 now then it was with 1500.

Long answer search for my Mojo threads about the Flow.

jmvotto
11-05-2015, 10:47 AM
I know that was what they had posted on their website before, but it looks like they now allow anyone to do it...right from Wakemakers website:

Installation?
Each WaveControl system comes with detailed installation instructions and a mounting template for the Go Surf Assist tabs and the WaveControl Master Controller. The typical installation takes less than two hours and can be completed with basic power tools.
If you want to complete the installation yourself we include lifetime technical support with each WaveControl System. If you don’t feel comfortable doing the install please contact us and we can put you in touch with the registered WaveControl dealer in your area.

this system looks really good, the oem wakeland group with be selling retrofits for the older boats in 2016, they have the gps based systems and it should be about 4k installed.

I am eagerly waiting and if it does not come to light then the wake go surf assist will be the system , I like the multiple different points of fine tuning the plates.

jstenger
11-05-2015, 05:31 PM
this system looks really good, the oem wakeland group with be selling retrofits for the older boats in 2016, they have the gps based systems and it should be about 4k installed.

I am eagerly waiting and if it does not come to light then the wake go surf assist will be the system , I like the multiple different points of fine tuning the plates.
I am hoping the retrofits are cheaper for the 2014's since it would be plug n play and a computer flash.

MLA
11-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Not sure I like the wireless option...not sure if it has a manual switch at the helm or not... I didn't see anything listed about it but I guess you could just hit the remote if you are switching from regular rider to goofy rider...definitely a time saver vs filling and emptying bags to change riders

One huge advantage to having the rider controlled remote is not having to coordinate the 1-2-3 switch with the driver. You can get your self setup to attack the wave and make the switch on your own. There is a helm mounted control pad that lets the driver do the switch also. Seems theres a fine tune dial also.

I can buy one through WM and have it shipped to my home for $82.53. Are you sure about this? What I read on GSA's site is that they do not retail the system for shipping, only local installs. Seems they are allowing a retailer to make the customer sale. Thumbs up to them for doing it that way, if they are.

MLA
11-05-2015, 09:07 PM
From GSA's FAQ's

4. Are there packages available for self installs? If so, how can I get one?
A. Yes, this option will be available through Wakemakers. Please visit their website or give them a call.

mmandley
11-06-2015, 12:14 AM
Correct you are, I know when i was talking to them before WM took it over they said only Dealer installs. This was Last Jan when I was thinking of switching.

icemanftr
11-06-2015, 01:17 AM
4K. Lol I just paid $1000 shipped for Manual flow and will use the other 3k for bags, bling, boards, and beer. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/05/e0282b1fd43d309e9504ea8315961f52.jpg

jmvotto
11-06-2015, 09:26 AM
If that would fit my boat I would have gone that route

spencerwm
11-09-2015, 07:34 PM
We have sold a couple units to Moomba owners. I can't wait to see the results. With that said it is winter so results may not be available until the spring. Here is a little video of an Outback direct drive with the system installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESEQsQUc7A

mikenehrkorn
11-09-2015, 08:08 PM
Wow!!! How much ballast is that boat running?

brain_rinse
11-09-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm watching this product very closely. I'm not a buyer at $4k though...

jmvotto
11-10-2015, 10:35 AM
a lot cheaper that a new boat :o but my 50 ghetto gate works well... wonder how this works on an xlv ??

spencerwm
11-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Wow!!! How much ballast is that boat running? Enough. HAHA. I think it was a couple 750's but they were on either side of the motor compartment.

I'm watching this product very closely. I'm not a buyer at $4k though... Totally. For those that cannot justify the price there is always a DIY surf gate system or the Ronix Eight.3 Wakesurf Shaper (http://www.wakemakers.com/eight3-wakesurf-shaper.html).

jmvotto
11-10-2015, 02:45 PM
spencer , what does the key control, just side to side or the angle of the plates?

mikenehrkorn
11-10-2015, 04:03 PM
We have sold a couple units to Moomba owners.

Any of those sales for the Outback V? Would LOVE to see what that setup could do for my OBV...

viking
11-10-2015, 05:26 PM
$4K is alot of money but cheaper than a new boat. I liked that video of the outback. I think that's the real market for these systems is the DD or the non-surf specific hull. With these installed you can at least get a surfable wake and turn that one trick pony into a multi-sport boat!!

Of course eventually the novelty will wear off and a new boat will be inevitably work its way onto the priority list. But that too will fade away with forum induced mods and eventually lead to another new boat on the radar, with mods to follow, and the viscous cycle will repeat itself again, and again, and again......

spencerwm
11-10-2015, 07:51 PM
spencer , what does the key control, just side to side or the angle of the plates?
It controls the side to side transfer of the wave. The shape would still be controlled at the helm.

Any of those sales for the Outback V? Would LOVE to see what that setup could do for my OBV...
I actually had a guy with an Outback V call last week. I am not sure if he purchased. That would make hiding ballast a lot easier.

$4K is alot of money but cheaper than a new boat. I liked that video of the outback. I think that's the real market for these systems is the DD or the non-surf specific hull. With these installed you can at least get a surfable wake and turn that one trick pony into a multi-sport boat!!
Of course eventually the novelty will wear off and a new boat will be inevitably work its way onto the priority list. But that too will fade away with forum induced mods and eventually lead to another new boat on the radar, with mods to follow, and the viscous cycle will repeat itself again, and again, and again......
I disagree with the comment about the "non-surf specific hull". Although surfing a 19 or 20 foot direct drive is fun it is nothing like surfing a V-Drive.

I had been weighting my 2004 Malibu VLX traditionally for years and thought my wave was amazing. Once I put the WaveControl on the boat last winter I felt like I had a ton more push. To experiment i surfed the boat with my custom surf sac on the starboard side. I then drained the bag. Placed a 750 lb. sac in each locker and surfed the wave with the surf system. It was a night and day difference. I would assume it is similar to the guys running flow after having listed their Mojo's or LVS's.

mikenehrkorn
11-12-2015, 04:42 PM
I wonder if this system will be available under the WM black friday sale........now that would be a nice discount!! $3200 sounds a lot better than $4K......

icemanftr
11-13-2015, 02:25 PM
We have sold a couple units to Moomba owners. I can't wait to see the results. With that said it is winter so results may not be available until the spring. Here is a little video of an Outback direct drive with the system installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESEQsQUc7A

Wow that's legit!

kriley
11-16-2015, 10:31 AM

We have a guy on here that did a big thread over the summer who had it installed on his Supra. Seems like a pretty legit system. I think 4K is way to much.

I was quoted 3K for the Auto Flow to be installed on my Mojo but also it would cost me re-glassing the entire back of my boat after they removed the Manual flow. So I would be looking at 4K for Auto flow, while I am not opposed to paying that, I am not exactly willing to pay it either LOL.

When I talked to Skiers Choice about having the Auto Flow added to my 2013 boat they said it would not work. They would have to change out the display and change the computer ecm or pcm..
I think you where fed a line of bs Mandley - it will only work in the after 2013 models with the upgraded display, no matter what boat model it is..

mmandley
11-16-2015, 10:46 AM
When I talked to Skiers Choice about having the Auto Flow added to my 2013 boat they said it would not work. They would have to change out the display and change the computer ecm or pcm..
I think you where fed a line of bs Mandley - it will only work in the after 2013 models with the upgraded display, no matter what boat model it is..

I spoke to SC directly and yes they told me the same thing, but they also put in contact with the company making the aftermarket system, it has a separate control for the flow plates. It wouldn't be integrated to my dash like the factory style is.

it is also not this exact system either, its the Auto Flow retrofit system.

You are right, if you want the Auto Flow added you have to have the 14 up display.

SC told me if I was willing to spend the money I could buy the 14 Display, dash and wire harness but I would be opening a can of worms

BrettLee3232
11-16-2015, 03:56 PM

http://www.wakelandmfg.com/#!product/c66t

It's the AutoFlow but with a separate controller so you don't have to take apart the dash.

jstenger
11-23-2015, 05:09 PM
I wonder if this system will be available under the WM black friday sale........now that would be a nice discount!! $3200 sounds a lot better than $4K......
Their Black Friday ad came out today. It says everything on sale and no exclusions. You need to place your order.

http://www.wakemakers.com/black-friday?utm_source=WakeMAKERS.com+News%2C+Products+ %26+Sales&utm_campaign=1dc6740487-Black_Friday_Email_111_18_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e89f44be57-1dc6740487-413072113

mikenehrkorn
11-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Their Black Friday ad came out today. It says everything on sale and no exclusions. You need to place your order.

http://www.wakemakers.com/black-friday?utm_source=WakeMAKERS.com+News%2C+Products+ %26+Sales&utm_campaign=1dc6740487-Black_Friday_Email_111_18_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e89f44be57-1dc6740487-413072113

Yeah, I saw it and noticed the "no exclusions" clause as well......can't quite swing it this year but I'll start working on the boss for next year's Black Friday sale!! :-)

mmandley
11-24-2015, 08:05 PM
See the Wake Makers Thread I posted