PDA

View Full Version : Northern Utah

DFTR Josh
10-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Anybody still out riding with the cooler temps that came through? Looks to be decent weather this weekend, anybody thinking of heading out?

sivs1
10-30-2015, 09:05 PM
With snow on the way and air temps in the 40s to low 50s, no thanks, was out couple weeks ago and water temp was already in the mid 50s.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DFTR Josh
10-31-2015, 01:17 AM
With snow on the way and air temps in the 40s to low 50s, no thanks, was out couple weeks ago and water temp was already in the mid 50s.
You sure have to have the right setup for your boat this time of year with the temps. Wish I still had my drysuit, we would ride late NOV. every season. Not this year!

996scott
11-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Heading to lake Powell Thursday for a yearly guys trip. We always go in Nov or Dec and have the place to ourselves. We use dry suits until the lakes start icing up. Last year the weather was mild in Dec and went skiing Dec 24th. Nothing but glass��

DFTR Josh
11-03-2015, 01:23 AM
Heading to lake Powell Thursday for a yearly guys trip.
Right on, what part of Powell are you heading to? Page side, high's in the upper 50's is damn perfect for drysuits. I'm crazy jealous and wish I had a group that would go down this time of year to go ride. Poor houseboat is just floating begging to be used but hard to plan a trip since I sold my boat a few week ago. Have a hell of a time and please share pictures.

yearround
11-04-2015, 01:21 AM
Hey Josh, I'm not in UT, but we will still ride in Denver. We always ride thanksgiving day, most denver lakes close due to ANS inspection and ice 12/1 and open 2/28 or ice off. my daughter is at BYU, if you go to utah lake and need a 3rd or have room for another, she would love a pull, she has no gear there so would have to borrow. she was out of the country this summer so did not get to ride much this year.

we did a powell trip in January to bullfrog one year. was pretty cool to ride the canyons and see the ice on the walls. jealous of scott make a trip down now too. we almost made it a couple weeks ago, but family situation kept us home.

what kind of discount to you get us from MP with your code?

DFTR Josh
11-10-2015, 10:49 AM
my daughter is at BYU, if you go to utah lake and need a 3rd or have room for another, she would love a pull, she has no gear there so would have to borrow. she was out of the country this summer so did not get to ride much this year.
Wish I had a boat to be able to help your daughter out. Her best bet would be hitting up www.wakeworld.com under find a third. We have a Northern UT thread that has helped people find many pulls. Everybody I ride with I have met there in the past few years.
I want to say the MP discount is 10-15% off and it works on everything but clearance items.

Heading to lake Powell Thursday for a yearly guys trip.
How did the trip work out Scott?

sivs1
11-10-2015, 11:15 AM
I see a ton of Moomba's at Jordanelle, I am sure not very many of them are on this forum. I am all about getting people on the water, but as I see the snow falling and temps getting cold it won't be until March when we hit the water again.

DFTR Josh
11-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Just rode Willard on Sunday and man was it COLD! It's time to hang up the board to dry for the winter.

I see a ton of Moomba's at Jordanelle
Up that way I have found Deer Creek to be much less crowded but harder to avoid the afternoon breeze. You only go to Jordanelle?

sivs1
11-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Just rode Willard on Sunday and man was it COLD! It's time to hang up the board to dry for the winter.

Up that way I have found Deer Creek to be much less crowded but harder to avoid the afternoon breeze. You only go to Jordanelle?

If Willard was cold.... First week of October Jordanelle was about 54, we've been getting into the low 20s and teens over night, so am sure the water is very cold now. Jordanelle is 8 minutes from my driveway, I can actually see Deer Creek from my house but it's closer to 20 minutes plus don't want to mess with the quagga at Deer Creek.

DFTR Josh
11-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Jordanelle is 8 minutes from my driveway
I don't blame ya on going to the Nell now! 8 min away I'm sure you get a lot of week riding in and don't have to deal with the weekend crowd like I was. With DC plagued it seems the crowds almost doubled at Nell when I was there. It was a relief to get good weekend water at DC and the villagers aren't hard to manage at all.

996scott
11-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Wish I had a boat to be able to help your daughter out. Her best bet would be hitting up www.wakeworld.com under find a third. We have a Northern UT thread that has helped people find many pulls. Everybody I ride with I have met there in the past few years.
I want to say the MP discount is 10-15% off and it works on everything but clearance items.

How did the trip work out Scott?

Powell was awesome! sunny and 55 and the water temp was 65. Only saw a few fishing boats every now and then but other than that we were alone on the lake. I will get a few pictures posted up.

DFTR Josh
11-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Powell was awesome!
My pop's is down at Antelope Point Marina putting the HB to sleep for the winter. He sent me a pic and it's amazing down there right now. Can't wait to see your pictures.

jmvotto
11-14-2015, 11:36 PM
Send me the snow updates , going cat skiing in park city in February.

sivs1
11-15-2015, 12:10 AM
You've got plenty of time before February. Back country should be great. Look up wasatchsnowforecast.com.

996scott
11-15-2015, 10:01 PM
couple of pictures from the trip last week. Only been home 1 week and i am dying to go back again. Love LP in the last Fall! Also posted some more pictures in the November picture thread.23259232602326123262

jmvotto
11-15-2015, 11:49 PM
You've got plenty of time before February. Back country should be great. Look up wasatchsnowforecast.com.

Thanks. I will do that , looking for some newer pow boards ...

sivs1
11-16-2015, 09:39 AM
I get all my gear from Jackson's Base Camp here in Park City. Small shop but deal directly with the owner, if you stop in tell him Tracy sent you, he'll hook you up and get you a good deal.

DFTR Josh
11-17-2015, 11:02 AM
couple of pictures from the trip last week. Only been home 1 week and i am dying to go back again. Love LP in the last Fall
Awesome pictures Scott! Every year I kick myself for not planning a late fall trip to Powell. Heard some good news earlier this week, Antelope Point Marina should be fully functional this next season having their wake park back up an running. Having sold my boat this will make trips to Powell damn exciting. Heck when I had my boat I think I rode their park more then my boat. Stoked for 2016 at Powell...

DFTR Josh
01-25-2016, 11:39 AM
I have been going back and forth about different options if I was to order a 2016 Craz from Marine Products (www.marine-products.com). If anybody has anymore opinions please post away at https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?27355-Moomba-CRAZ-Options-amp-Color

Redfeather
03-24-2016, 11:52 PM
yearround, I am actually at BYU. Your daughter is more then welcome to come out with us. I try to go to Deer Creek every weekend we have good weather.

DFTR Josh
03-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Deer creek has been awesome for the lack of crowds and low water down in the valley. Might have to go run the new Craz there for the break in hours. Hope to see a few more Skiers Choice on the water this season.

mmandley
03-25-2016, 11:48 AM
Deer creek has been awesome for the lack of crowds and low water down in the valley. Might have to go run the new Craz there for the break in hours. Hope to see a few more Skiers Choice on the water this season.

I am going on a legit road trip, plan is June I love SLC lol. Grandmother used to live in Logan until she passes, uncle still lives in Logan.

I want to hit several different places on my way out east with the Vette to get some water time in, meet more of the people on here in person.

sivs1
03-25-2016, 01:01 PM
I am going on a legit road trip, plan is June I love SLC lol. Grandmother used to live in Logan until she passes, uncle still lives in Logan.

I want to hit several different places on my way out east with the Vette to get some water time in, meet more of the people on here in person.

Hit me up when you're coming through. I can see Deer Creek from my house, but it is 15-20 minutes to the ramp, plus has the plague. Jordanelle is 8 minutes from my house, so even an evening would be good.

yearround
03-30-2016, 11:00 AM
yearround, I am actually at BYU. Your daughter is more then welcome to come out with us. I try to go to Deer Creek every weekend we have good weather.

thanks Redfeather. I'll let her know. I think she is planning to stay this summer to get a class or 2 to finish up in the spring. she is a great driver, been pulling since she was 12, can back a trailer decently, load the boat for me just fine. rides like a champ, early morning dawn patrol is fine. water temp, no worries, she'll ride. of course i am an unbiased father.

i did not know that DC had the plague. we would ride there every wednesday night when i traveled to UT to work in provo canyon.

if you don't mind, send your contact info? email is [email protected].

thanks
todd

DFTR Josh
03-31-2016, 10:04 AM
i did not know that DC had the plague. we would ride there every Wednesday night when i traveled to UT to work in Provo canyon.
The Plague, LOL! Great thing about DC testing positive with villagers is the crowds are WAY lighter than Jordanelle. Hell go to Powell where it's fully infested then you can worry about the plague. With the proper care the mussels are no problem and wont effect the boat at all. Now our houseboat that sits in the water full time is a whole different story at Powell :mad: