PDA

View Full Version : New member with question already

hscraz
10-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Hey guys just picked up my new craz a couple of days ago and pumped to go out but the lakes about to be lowered here so straight to storage it goes! Gonna be a long winter for sure. I was wondering if everybody got an owners manual with their boat as i don't have one. Just a bag of info for the radio, engine etc but nothing on the boat itself. I would think there should be one right?23208

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ian Brantford
10-19-2015, 10:42 AM
Congrats on your purchase!

I would expect there to be a manual. One thing that could have happened is that the dealer took it out to point out various things to you in a planned "new owner" meeting, and then the manual didn't get put back in the bag. One phone call to your dealer should clear it up.

mikenehrkorn
10-19-2015, 11:06 AM
There are manuals in the download section.....http://moomba.com/downloads

kaneboats
10-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Sweet looking boat! Guys above already made the 2 points I was going to make so I thought I'd just compliment you on the boat. Welcome!

hscraz
10-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Thanks guys, I've been around and owned several boats over the years but this is my first wake boat and there's a lot of extra bells and whistles on this thing. I'm sure I could figure it all out but a manual is always good. I'm thinking the dealer took it out and just forgot to stick it back in there so I'll give them a call. Thanks for the link on the downloads; I'll check that out too.

mmandley
10-19-2015, 05:28 PM
Thanks guys, I've been around and owned several boats over the years but this is my first wake boat and there's a lot of extra bells and whistles on this thing. I'm sure I could figure it all out but a manual is always good. I'm thinking the dealer took it out and just forgot to stick it back in there so I'll give them a call. Thanks for the link on the downloads; I'll check that out too.

I would just call your dealer, I know both new boats I got had the OM in the delivery package.

My Mojo has a nice zipper bag that has everything, yet the OM was stored Inside the dealership so it wouldn't be effected by the weather.

Similar to what they do with New Cars at the dealer, all that stuff is stored indoors and maybe your dealer removes the books to protect them.

BTW welcome to the forum nice looking boat.

KG's Supra24
10-19-2015, 05:35 PM
Looks like Greg Orr in Hot Springs. They only lower 1 lake! We have plenty others ... there is still time!! LOL

I'm with the others, dealer should be able to get you one. Or you could ask your questions here and get answers as well.

Congrats on your first wakeboat. I'll keep an eye out for you.

hscraz
10-19-2015, 06:07 PM
You've got a good eye, I did buy it from Gregg Orr; that big red canopy is a dead giveaway! You're right; they're not lowering the lake for about another two weeks but it's getting cold quick! They also winterized it for free when they prepped it so I figured it wasn't really worth just taking it out once or twice. I guess I'll just sit in the storage unit and stare at it for 6 months. Maybe I'll see you out on Hamilton come spring; I live and hang out on the south end of the lake kind of around the fish hatchery.

yearround
10-19-2015, 06:23 PM
two weeks? you could get 10 20 hours on that thing. cold? if the water is not hard, it is not too cold. nice ride though. would love to upgrade to the craz.

gregski
10-19-2015, 06:37 PM
two weeks? you could get 10 20 hours on that thing. cold? if the water is not hard, it is not too cold. nice ride though. would love to upgrade to the craz.
That's what I was thinking. I've thought about going to MO in the late fall "out of season", most of the lakes I've looked at are warmer at this time of year than ours ever are in the summer. Lake Hamilton is 74 degrees... We never got to 70 this year.

hscraz
10-19-2015, 06:45 PM
I shouldn't even be using the word cold; it was over 80 degrees today and over 90 in the last few days. It's been absolutely gorgeous for sure and perfect lake weather.

wolfeman131
10-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Burn off those pesky break in hours now. You'll be ready to go in the Spring. Well worth the cost to re-winterize.

hscraz
10-19-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm glad you mentioned break in. I haven't read the engine manual yet so I need to check out the break in procedure.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Fastest1
10-20-2015, 11:20 AM
How far are they lowering the lake? Enough to create danger to the boating community? Is this the lake in Hot Springs itself you are referring to? I cant imagine having a new boat but having to wait to run it.
How about Lake DeGray? I stop there for a swim break every summer while driving from Texas to Tennessee. Seems nice from the park on the Dam.

sivs1
10-20-2015, 11:24 AM
I shouldn't even be using the word cold; it was over 80 degrees today and over 90 in the last few days. It's been absolutely gorgeous for sure and perfect lake weather.

Ummm, then why are you here? Get out on the water, I would die for that opportunity, especially with a new boat! GOOOOOOOO
:D

KG's Supra24
10-20-2015, 11:45 AM
I'll be around Ouachita late this week if they peer pressure you into changing your mind :)

hscraz
10-20-2015, 04:14 PM
How far are they lowering the lake? Enough to create danger to the boating community? Is this the lake in Hot Springs itself you are referring to? I cant imagine having a new boat but having to wait to run it.
How about Lake DeGray? I stop there for a swim break every summer while driving from Texas to Tennessee. Seems nice from the park on the Dam.

They're lowering it 5 feet this year and yes that's Lake Hamilton which is the lake Hot Springs is built around. You can definitely go out after it's lowered but you do have to be careful especially around where I live; it can be pretty shallow even when it's up and I sure don't want to trash a prop right off the bat. As far as Ouachita and Degray are concerned they're really low right now with the lack of rain; I think I saw in the paper that they're both down about 10'.

hscraz
10-20-2015, 04:19 PM
I'll be around Ouachita late this week if they peer pressure you into changing your mind :)

That would be awesome but work will have me tied up and my kids have plans for the fall school break this week too. Might want to take you up on that sometime though; I actually store my boat out around Mt. Pine so I can actually put in Ouachita quicker than I can Hamilton. I grew up in Mt. Ida so I've spent a lot time on Ouachita over the years; just not much lately.

KG's Supra24
10-20-2015, 04:47 PM
Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

dusty2221
10-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Woah. Chill bro.

Pm sent

KG's Supra24
10-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Don't you worry buddy. Ever

Just revisit the Xmas ornament I gotcha last weekend :) ... if ya gets to concerned again

wolfeman131
10-20-2015, 05:38 PM
Ahhhhhhh . . . . . .

The bromance fire is again burning bright.

kaneboats
10-21-2015, 10:09 AM
It's really touching. I hear they are going to make a (French) feature film about those two.

Fastest1
10-21-2015, 10:51 AM
Arkansas is not Commifornia errr I mean California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk