PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing with this thing...looks pretty cool

Rugburn
10-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Anybody using one of these? Sure beats trying to get your hose to siphon out of your 5 gallon pail.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Yourself-Boat-Winterizer&i=81105&r=view

Click on the link on the webpage to watch the video, its short and shows how they use it.

JHutch
10-01-2015, 05:48 PM
So is that all you have to do to winterize? Let the boat get to operating temperature and then run 5 gallons of antifreeze through it?

MJHSupra
10-01-2015, 09:13 PM
I assume that would work on a wake boat with the right connection to the motor.

On my I/O boats, Alpha and Bravo Drives, I probably did it the hard-way, instead of buying something like that.
After the boat was warm, fluids were changed.
I removed the water from the block. Then replaced the engine block plugs.
Pulled some engine hoses to drain water. Make sure the was not water in the exhaust elbows.
Pulled the thermostat.
Poured the anti-freeze into the block.
Done with that step.

MLA
10-01-2015, 10:41 PM
So is that all you have to do to winterize? Let the boat get to operating temperature and then run 5 gallons of antifreeze through it?

Oh no, theres way more to it. Just to start with, you dont want to introduce the RV/Marine antifreeze into a system full of water as it quickly dilutes to a higher freeze point.

DOCDRS
10-01-2015, 10:56 PM
The only way this will have a chance of protecting to -30 is to remove the thermostat. And it is far easier to just drain the block then introduce antifreeze , if you want to reduce corrosion.