PDA

View Full Version : SeaDek Delamination

squeeg333
10-01-2015, 02:20 PM
My SeaDek pad, which I purchased when there was a group buy on thru this board 4 or 5 years ago, is starting to delaminate. The two layers are separating from one another. Luckily, it's in small isolated locations at the sharp edges of the lettering, but it has the possibility of getting worse. I spoke with SeaDek last week and they recommended acrylic super glue to fix this. However, I'm not sure if the guy fully understood that it was the layers coming apart and the the pad from the swim deck.

I'm hesitant to use acrylic super glue as it'll harden and not be flexible. Seems like a better fix for this type of delamination would be a superglue that is flexible once cured.

Have any of you guys had this issue before, or have any thoughts?

newty
10-01-2015, 08:46 PM
I'd mask the area really well and use spray adhesive. Spray both surfaces and let sit for 5 minutes or so. Then press them together.
It's pretty flexible and hold up to water and traffic. You can also take a little acetone to clean up any overspray.
I like the 3M 90 glue.

spyder
10-01-2015, 11:57 PM
My SeaDek pad, which I purchased when there was a group buy on thru this board 4 or 5 years ago, is starting to delaminate. The two layers are separating from one another. Luckily, it's in small isolated locations at the sharp edges of the lettering, but it has the possibility of getting worse. I spoke with SeaDek last week and they recommended acrylic super glue to fix this. However, I'm not sure if the guy fully understood that it was the layers coming apart and the the pad from the swim deck.

I'm hesitant to use acrylic super glue as it'll harden and not be flexible. Seems like a better fix for this type of delamination would be a superglue that is flexible once cured.

Have any of you guys had this issue before, or have any thoughts?

mine is same age, looks similar