PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Outback LSV worth buying?

Weldon
09-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Hello, new to the forum. If I buy the Moomba I'm looking at, I will be here often. I would appreciate any suggestions on what I should look for, other than the obvious, on this year and model. Any unique issues? Boat has 602 hours and appears to be in great shape; I've only seen pictures. Going to take a gander on Friday. Thanks!

sivs1
10-01-2015, 10:58 AM
welcome to the forum, hopefully we can assist. Think you really need to decide what you want the boat for. What type of activities will you be doing, how many people will be with you etc. Not that I am biased but the 2006 + LSV is a great boat. I have 770 hours on mine and she still purrs like a kitten. With that said, I am looking to replace it next year with a more surf specific boat, probably something new or leftover 2015 depending on price. Comes down to budget and what your plans are with it. If you are okay with possibly replacing in a year or two I think the 04 could be a good option, but I know for me and my uses I would outgrow it quickly.

kaneboats
10-01-2015, 11:46 AM
I believe the Outback LSV is the same boat as the Mobius LSV but without the tower. Great boat overall and it is the model that became the Outback V for about 3 more years after the "new" Mobius LSV came out in 2006. Agree with the post above that you will find yourself looking to move up in a year or two but if the price is right it's a decent boat. You can add a tower pretty cheaply these days if they haven't done it already.

One like this could be a heckuva deal (especially if it was ordered with the tower or added by the dealer):

http://boats.oodle.com/detail/moomba-outback-lsv/4009831704/?cm_mmc=OODLE_PREVIEW-_-www-_-NA-_-NA