PDA

View Full Version : Small tree issue...

mikenehrkorn
09-17-2015, 09:14 AM
Got to our place on the lake last night and found a "present" -- must have had a big storm and the huge sycamore tree in our yard dropped a decent size limb right on the trailer. Dented both fenders and took out some of the brake lines.

Anyone know if Boatmate sells the painted brake lines that would match the trailer?

Thankfully the boat wasn't on the trailer or that could have been real bad news!!

996scott
09-17-2015, 11:24 AM
lucky the boat wasn't on there , could have been disastrous! Good luck getting everything put back together

BamaMojo
09-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Got to our place on the lake last night and found a "present" -- must have had a big storm and the huge sycamore tree in our yard dropped a decent size limb right on the trailer. Dented both fenders and took out some of the brake lines.

Anyone know if Boatmate sells the painted brake lines that would match the trailer?

Thankfully the boat wasn't on the trailer or that could have been real bad news!!

Not sure about the painted brake lines but I know the do sell the paint in a spray can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabooda
09-17-2015, 02:00 PM
I had someone run into my fender at a boat launch and left and I ended up with an insurance claim as it was expensive to fix. A fender is hard to make true again. At the look of the tree it appears to have been dead for a while. If that tree comes from someone elses property they need to come pick it up and hand them the estimate. If it is your tree then you may want to do some trimming.

JoelFett
09-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Homeowners insurance claim?

lee
09-17-2015, 05:10 PM
You can get a painted fender, not sure of the brake lines.

BamaMojo
09-18-2015, 09:21 AM

And a fender is cheap. I paid 273 for a boat mate painted fender with rubber pad on top shipped to my house. Just make sure you have your trailer vin when you call , Google boat are parts and give them a call. Jim is the guy that will answer or return your call, he is very helpful. Btw, the fender should just bolt on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zabooda
09-18-2015, 04:33 PM
Those are welded fenders like what I have so I had my fender that was damaged remolded and repainted. Hardly any automotive body shop will touch a trailer so I was lucky not to have a fender replaced. They also did the work with the boat on the trailer otherwise I would have paid for a slip while the trailer was being worked on. This trailer is worse than what I had and it still cost $1,500 to fix. The insurance comp was $50 deductible so it worked out well.

lee
09-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Pretty sure they are bolt on fenders so it should be plug and play.

jstenger
09-18-2015, 09:52 PM
They are bolt on.

mikenehrkorn
09-21-2015, 11:09 AM
Thanks for all the info.

I'm not sure when I might be able to get the brake line fixed, so one question -- is the trailer driveable without brakes? Of course the towing vehicle (and its brakes) will take the brunt of no trailer brakes, but just wondering if its doable.

sivs1
09-21-2015, 11:41 AM
Thanks for all the info.

I'm not sure when I might be able to get the brake line fixed, so one question -- is the trailer driveable without brakes? Of course the towing vehicle (and its brakes) will take the brunt of no trailer brakes, but just wondering if its doable.

Yes, but the concern would be is anything else compromised? Axle integrity, wheel hubs, etc...

lee
09-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Thanks for all the info.

Yes. Just seal the lines and calipers so they do not fill with water and that water just stays inside and causes corrosion.