PDA

View Full Version : Ever been to SXM (St Maarten)? Do It!!

tgoody14
09-15-2015, 04:46 PM
We just got back from spending our "Honeyversary" in St Maarten and it was a trip of a lifetime! Last year a friend of ours who bought and remodeled a Villa was going to let us spend our Honeymoon there, but a hurricane blew in as we landed in Miami and could not go any further. So he reserved the dates for the following year and if you have never been.... YOU NEED TO GO!!!! It's a little pricey, airfare wise (about $700 per ticket), but totally worth it!

I spent several days putting together a GoPro video of our trip and thought I would share it. We will be going back soon, for sure!

GoPro SXM (St Maarten) 2015

https://youtu.be/C2FC8ZOSrKs

trayson
09-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Nice video. I need friends like yours with the lodging hookup!

tater
09-15-2015, 06:16 PM
Awesome video,we have a condo in St.Thomas USVI we go for two weeks every November that video makes me want to go now, the island looks really clean cant say that for St.Thomas we ferry over to St.John almost daily, will add St.Maartent to the bucket list as well as Turks and caicos.

liquid_acid
09-15-2015, 06:19 PM
Went there last year and loved it. And they even got poutine there for the canandian folk.
St. Thomas is also beautiful. Absolutely love Meghens bay.

MJHSupra
09-15-2015, 08:24 PM
Cool video. Looks really nice, including the center-console Scarab with (3) 300hp outboards.

M-

tgoody14
09-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Thanks guys!!!
That villa was actually on HGTV House Hunters along with my friends who bought it! It was in pretty bad shape and they've completely flipped it and now rent it out through your the year when they are not there on vacation

And yes that Scarab was a hell of a ride across those ocean waves. Damn near scared my wife to death lol

viking
09-15-2015, 11:47 PM
great video. Love the Caribbean. Now I wanna go again.
Which I had some friends with places like that too..........
I'd like to find the HGTV episode you are talking about. Do they have a listing to their rental on a site somewhere?
Thanks for sharing!

tgoody14
09-16-2015, 07:39 AM
http://www.vrbo.com/448264

tgoody14
10-22-2015, 09:30 AM
Just a heads up, they recently updated their calendar for those of you that wanted to know about availability...

We are looking to go back sometime in March-April