PDA

View Full Version : FAE flappers on 07 LSV?

jelmhorst
09-15-2015, 10:13 AM
Good morning Gents,
I've got my order in for the FAE but wanted to see if those of you that already have it had the flappers installed? I'm fortunate enough to leave my boat in the water all season [not on a lift] so my concern is how necessary these are in preventing water intrusion. I'm likely just paranoid but appreciate the feedback. I spoke with Christina but she couldn't confirm either way since it's a personal preference. Have you guys been able to keep your boat in the water for an extended time without the flappers and no issue? As always, thank you!

mikenehrkorn
09-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Good morning Gents,
I've got my order in for the FAE but wanted to see if those of you that already have it had the flappers installed? I'm fortunate enough to leave my boat in the water all season [not on a lift] so my concern is how necessary these are in preventing water intrusion. I'm likely just paranoid but appreciate the feedback. I spoke with Christina but she couldn't confirm either way since it's a personal preference. Have you guys been able to keep your boat in the water for an extended time without the flappers and no issue? As always, thank you!

I keep my boat in the water all summer and opted to get the flapper just for the piece of mind. Our lake is pretty small and not a lot of large waves, but I could potentially see some problems if your waterway was very active and wavy. For me the flappers were just good insurance.

moombahighrider
09-15-2015, 10:47 AM
I keep my boat in the water all summer and opted to get the flapper just for the piece of mind. Our lake is pretty small and not a lot of large waves, but I could potentially see some problems if your waterway was very active and wavy. For me the flappers were just good insurance.

What he said. I don't even keep my boat in the water much, but opted for flappers anyway. Peace of mind for me.

jelmhorst
09-15-2015, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I decided to go ahead with the flappers as my dock gets abused all summer long with the boat along for the ride. I appreciate you guys sharing your experiences.

This thread can be closed.

mmandley
09-15-2015, 02:18 PM
I would only get the floaters if I left my boat in the water.

I actually have them on the Mojo which does not stay in the water but they installed them anyhow.

parrothd
09-15-2015, 02:25 PM
I don't have a flapper, mine is in a slip all season, been that way for 4 years..

Fastest1
09-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Have you looked at the route to get into the engine from the back? Not likely at all unless the gunnels are under water. Even then the boat would have to be resting nose down into the bottom for water to pass the riser (from an exhaust entry)

cornrickey
09-16-2015, 11:56 PM
The FAE outlet is so far under water it wouldn't be effected by wave action. Additionally it is a single out for two exhausts that go straight up into a large muffler that had a capacity of over 5 gallons. The flaps are offered to keep in warrentee boats, in warrentee, no questions asked.