PDA

View Full Version : Bent Tracking Fins?

BaileyAZ
06-20-2006, 04:51 AM
I took my 06 Outback in for a 20 hr service today. While looking over the boat, the guy at the shop noticed that the middle (of three) tracking fin was bent. I don't ever recall hitting anything and there were no apparent scares on the fin. I was told this might be a warrenty issue, but it is up to SC. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Smrtz
06-20-2006, 09:40 AM
I would think that if one of the tracking fins is bent you would have either had to really whack something or had a really messy trailoring... If these things havent happened then it really sounds like a warranty issue. I havent heard of this problem before but, that doesnt mean it cant happen. This board is full of one of a kind experiences with all models... One thing that seems to be the case, regardless is Skiers Choice looks after us really well.

Good luck, let us know the outcome!!

Cheers

zabooda
06-20-2006, 10:07 AM
With the middle fin to be the only one bent that would require a localized lateral force on the affected fin (like a forklift shot). I can't imagine a fin bending without damage to the hull at the mounting location. If the fiberglas around the mounting is good, I would assume the fin was bent prior to installation and not noticed or is mounted incorrectly. I would say that the problem occured somewhere besides on your trailer or on the water.