View Full Version : where doe's it end

moombadaze
09-14-2015, 08:26 PM
price of new boats

length of new boats

????

tater
09-14-2015, 08:36 PM
Build it and they will come and buy it, a G23 in my area just sold for 173,000 K before T,T, Freight and prep,sold in 2 days,even if I had it dont know if I could drop that much coin on a wake boat,well I guess it depends on how much coin you got.But i agree it has gotten ridiculous.

jimmylsv
09-14-2015, 08:53 PM
I live in Orlando and it would blow your mind how many G 23 and G 25 are around. The wake the 25 puts out is insane. Their a bunch of them on the lake that I live on. When You see someone surfing behind one you do a double take. Pictures don't do the wake justice. I think around here new they are 140 K.

tater
09-14-2015, 09:43 PM
I was just corrected by the dealership it was 173,000 out the door,my bad but really Shit thats crazy.

jmvotto
09-14-2015, 09:48 PM
I was just corrected by the dealership it was 173,000 out the door,my bad but really Shit thats crazy.

Splitting hairs aren't we .

Most popular new boats on our lake have been the G series , don't understand but if you got it I guess you'll spend it. One guy bought a g21 fir his 19 yr old son to tool around in :confused:

sivs1
09-14-2015, 09:53 PM
That's more than I spent on my first house.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tater
09-14-2015, 10:07 PM
Splitting hairs aren't we .

Most popular new boats on our lake have been the G series , don't understand but if you got it I guess you'll spend it. One guy bought a g21 fir his 19 yr old son to tool around in :confused:

And I thought I was doing pretty well by getting my 2 kids pretty nice cars when they turned 16, prioritys i guess, damn kids anyway,the boat would be no fun without them so I am ok with that.A G21 for my son c'mon man.

sandm
09-15-2015, 06:43 AM
my .02...
length will not change much. 22-24ft seems to be the sweet spot. the x80 never really did sell well and betting the new replacement mega-surf-yacht from mc will not either.
price will continue to escalate slowly as the economy chugs along with very cheap borrowing costs right now. interest rates start to take a hike tho and I would bet both the pricing and consolidation of the market will happen again.
gas at $4/gal for a few years will dry the new market up as well. used market will explode again as it did a few years ago.

patrick232
09-15-2015, 09:00 AM
I think pontoons and wakeboard boats have replaced the pocket cruisers of the 90's and 00's. Those sold very well in the $60 - $120 range. I'm waiting for a head and sink on the G25 and a full camper encloser so it can be my second house. As the wife has said if I buy a new boat before 2019 it better be big enough to live on.

patrick232
09-15-2015, 09:07 AM
used market will explode again as it did a few years ago.

Used market will not explode again with low prices for years as there is a shortage in supply vs demand. Just look and see what the 2005 thru 2009 boats are still bringing in good condition. I heard there was less boats produced than in 2010, 2011, 2012 combined vs. 2008 alone. Used cars right now are thru the roof and will be there for the next 12 to 18 months. Auction prices for cars are more than retail was less than a year ago for said car. Used car dealer by me has a 2014 camaro with 25K miles asking $22,995, with less options than the one we bought new in December 2014 OTD for $23K with 3 miles.

rdlangston13
09-15-2015, 02:07 PM
Used market will not explode again with low prices for years as there is a shortage in supply vs demand. Just look and see what the 2005 thru 2009 boats are still bringing in good condition. I heard there was less boats produced than in 2010, 2011, 2012 combined vs. 2008 alone. Used cars right now are thru the roof and will be there for the next 12 to 18 months. Auction prices for cars are more than retail was less than a year ago for said car. Used car dealer by me has a 2014 camaro with 25K miles asking $22,995, with less options than the one we bought new in December 2014 OTD for $23K with 3 miles.

This is why when we bought our expedition we just decided to go new. You can not get a used one that much cheaper than brand new unless you go back 4+ model years or with a ton of mileage. Everything 1-2 years old with 20k miles or so was so close to the new vehicle prices it just didnt make much sense to me to buy used. Plus ecobooost lol

trayson
09-15-2015, 06:05 PM
This is why when we bought our expedition we just decided to go new. You can not get a used one that much cheaper than brand new unless you go back 4+ model years or with a ton of mileage. Everything 1-2 years old with 20k miles or so was so close to the new vehicle prices it just didnt make much sense to me to buy used. Plus ecobooost lol

I guess we did okay then... 2013 F150 Ecoboost, FX4, 6" lift, 20" Moto Metal wheels with 35x12.50 tires with 17k miles (still under factory warranty). Got it for basically the price of a stock used truck we were looking at with over 35k miles and WELL under the price of a new one.

rdlangston13
09-16-2015, 02:12 PM
I guess we did okay then... 2013 F150 Ecoboost, FX4, 6" lift, 20" Moto Metal wheels with 35x12.50 tires with 17k miles (still under factory warranty). Got it for basically the price of a stock used truck we were looking at with over 35k miles and WELL under the price of a new one.

That lift and bigger tires probably hurts resale more than it helps it. I know I wouldn't buy a used truck with a lift and oversized tires. Heck I wouldn't even buy a new truck like that. Also you bought yours after the 2015 redesign came out, I am sure that helps as well.

Sent from my iPhone

BamaMojo
09-16-2015, 07:34 PM

That's a bad ass ride💥

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trayson
09-16-2015, 09:55 PM
That lift and bigger tires probably hurts resale more than it helps it. I know I wouldn't buy a used truck with a lift and oversized tires. Heck I wouldn't even buy a new truck like that. Also you bought yours after the 2015 redesign came out, I am sure that helps as well.

Sent from my iPhone

I tend to disagree. Sure, there's a percentage of the population that would rather have a bone stock vehicle and don't trust anything they didn't do themselves. The type of people that cringe at every cutting or drilling a vehicle. The type that really have little desire for aftermarket, or no trust for anything they didn't do on their own. But just like boats, if the mods were tastefully done and well executed, then why wouldn't you want that extra value.

For example, a bone stock Moomba vs. one that has LED's and a full Exile or Wetsounds system and upgraded ballast pumps for the price of a bone stock used one. Obviously everyone here would go for the modded one.

We got about $5k in lift/wheels/tires for the exact same price of a stock one, and it looks 1000x better. That's a huge win in our books. And the trucks that were tastefully and had well executed mods for sure bring a premium in the PNW.

And there's local dealerships that all they do is take stock trucks and add the lift/wheels/tires and sell them at a premium, so if it's part of their business model, they obviously aren't losing money from it:
http://nwmsrocks.com/

That's a bad ass ride

Thanks man! We love it and my wife couldn't be happier with *her* truck. :-)

viking
09-16-2015, 10:31 PM
I would agree with Trayson on this one. Many dealers put a lift, wheels tires, and a few aftermarket bolt-ons to move inventory and make a few extra bucks. But alot of times you can get all that stuff done by some OCD individual like me that will never get it back out at resale and pick up a good deal for basically same price a bone stock.
I'd be picky if looking one over for sure but why not let somebody else take the hit and do the work (if done right).

BamaMojo
09-16-2015, 11:00 PM

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry but that is not true. I am in the auto industry and we sell trucks of this ilk for a higher price and a much higher gross average than a stock truck . We have a high demand for the vehicles. I sold my personal f150 fx4 that was lifted with 31.5 " wheels , audio upgrade and intake and exhaust upgrades for 5-6000 more that retail book value. They bring the money in the southeast!

rdlangston13
09-17-2015, 11:26 AM
Well I may be wrong but with most things it seems you don't get a good return on your investment when you start customizing. Buying used jacked up truck would have me seriously questioning how it was treated before I bought it. Not so much a concern buying new, dealers by my house sell them new jacked up for premium as well.

Sent from my iPhone

trayson
09-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Well I may be wrong but with most things it seems you don't get a good return on your investment when you start customizing. Buying used jacked up truck would have me seriously questioning how it was treated before I bought it. Not so much a concern buying new, dealers by my house sell them new jacked up for premium as well.

Sent from my iPhone

Dealers can buy the lift/wheels/tires for their cost and then mark it up. The markup on tires alone is close to 50% from what I remember. And then the perceived value of the truck after the fact is a lot more.

Well of course you wouldn't want to buy a used lifted truck in Texas! You good ol' boyz ride em hard and put em away wet!!! LOL!!

rdlangston13
09-17-2015, 12:17 PM
I like used trucks where the trailer receiver hitch doesn't even have a scratch on it lol

Sent from my iPhone

mmandley
09-17-2015, 08:58 PM
This whole conversation is why I don't buy used boats and I stopped buying used trucks.

Too many unknowns for my comfort level.

Only benefit buying a new truck from a dealer with a lift and tires is they will warranty it like it was factory. I ran into this problem buying my 06 F350 when it steering was jacked they kept trying to say I lifted it and caused the problems.

You do have to consider the use of your lifted truck or your truck before you lift it. Even though the tow rating doesn't change when you lift the truck, in reality a lifted truck doesn't tow like a stock height truck. Towing lighter loads you won't see a difference but I have seen tons of lifted trucks squatting horribly and this also throws the front end geometry way off.

Guys what I'm getting at is know your goal for a truck before you start adding all those goodies

trayson
09-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Guys what I'm getting at is know your goal for a truck before you start adding all those goodies

Goal #1 = Tow Moomba XLV better than the Ridgeline. Almost double the tow rating = Check.
Goal #2 = Something that can perform daily driver duties for the wife. Pavement princess = Check.
Goal #3 = Equal or lower miles than the Ridgeline (under 35k). 17k = Check.
Goal #4 = Lots of options and goodies to make it a solid upgrade over the RTL ridgeline. FX4 = Check.
Goal #5 = Something we can be excited about the looks of. FX4 + 20's + 6" lift + 35's = Check-o-rama.
Goal #6 = something my wife could afford. Payment went up less than $100 per month = Check.

Lift/Wheels/Tires seriously upgraded for less than the cost of a comparable stock truck and still factory warranty = WINNING!!!

No regrets here bro! I'm more than happy to let someone else spend $5k on upgrading the truck before we bought it!

mmandley
09-17-2015, 11:38 PM
Lift/Wheels/Tires seriously upgraded for less than the cost of a comparable stock truck and still factory warranty = WINNING!!!

You might want to look into this one man, I have dealt with almost Every Ford Dealer in Portland area, and also buying a New 13 F150,

Warranties on these trucks are not like the old days, 3-36 everything, on mine brand new it was pretty explicit, 1 year anything wrong they fix, up to 36K was Limited warranty, as in the electronics were not all covered, GPS was one that was not covered, mostly only the drive train was covered in small print. If I brought the truck in at 14 months for a rattle, To bad, I should have complained the first 12 months, that's not covered any longer on 3-36

Also anything upgraded would void that section of the truck, IE Bigger tires, voided all bearing, and steering gear on the front of truck due to increased drive line stress from a Larger then Stock size, also Lift Kits voided entire Suspension warranties, also Trans warranty would be in question if it was related that the increased drive line stress caused extra stress on the Transmission.

Not trying to rain on anyone's Parade here but seeing how I have bought 4 trucks in the last 6 years, I have dealt with dealers on upgraded trucks.

On my 06 that had a factory 4 inch lift, it had 35s on it when I got it, they wouldn't fix the worn out front suspension Idle arm due to the increased tire size, I had to show them pictures of Stock F350s on the lot that came with a factory 4 inch lift to even get them to look at the truck under warranty.

Straight piped the exhaust, nothing else was touched, they tried to tell me that caused the Oil cooler to clog from extra engine stress. Not just 1 dealer, 6 different dealers and 6.0 was notorious for oil coolers.

08 F350, front oil pump seal blew, then several other seals blew, engine was under Factory 100K warranty, they voided the entire drive train because it was lifted 2 inches in front, had 34s instead of factory 33 <factory rims> and straight pipe exhaust. None of this has anything to do with Oil seals. But that's how the FACTORY sees it, so its not a Dealer problem all the time, Dealer wants to help you because they make money, Factory doesn't because they lose money on every warranty claim.

Just be wise to the fact that everything you UPGRADE, or Change on a truck can have serious impacts, the only way you have a leg to stand on is when the Dealer does this, and sells it as a NEW truck.

Also your Boats, if you drill any hole in the Fiberglass and get stress cracks, or any issue with the Gell the factory can technically Void your Life time warranty, because you are not a trained employee making the upgrade. I'm not just talk cracks near your upgrade, any place in the surrounding area.

When I bought my Ram brand new, the first thing the Sales Manager said after I signed the paperwork is, you Flash this computer with a Tuner, and it voids the entire Electrical system, Engine, Trans warranty. Every time you flash the computer it registrars the time and date internally and the dealers can see this.

This is a big reason SC said if you self install the FLOW you will void the hull warranty, not just the Stern, the ENTIRE warranty.

trayson
09-18-2015, 12:25 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

Thanks for looking out. Already had warranty service on a leaking axle seal with no issues, even with the meaty 35's And 20's.

And the leg we have to stand on. Is the law... (see above link)

Not that dealers follow the law...

mmandley
09-18-2015, 12:35 AM
Might take a read through this.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED
WARRANTY?
Damage Caused By:
• accidents, collision or objects striking the vehicle (including driving
through a car wash)
• theft, vandalism, or riot
• fire or explosion
• using contaminated or improper fuel/fluids
• customer-applied chemicals or accidental spills
• driving through water deep enough to cause water to be ingested into
the engine
• misuse of the vehicle, such a driving over curbs, overloading, racing or
using the vehicle as a permanent stationary power source
Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
• alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis,
or components, after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor
Company
• tampering with the vehicle, tampering with the emissions systems or
with the other parts that affect these systems (for example, but not
limited to exhaust and intake systems)
• the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part (other than
a certified emissions part) or any part (Ford or non-Ford) designed
for off-road use only installed after the vehicle leaves the control of
Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part
to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized
tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting
systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components or
software and performance ‘‘chips’’
Damage Caused by Use and/or the Environment
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover surface rust,
deterioration and damage of paint, trim, upholstery, and other
appearance items that result from use and/or exposure to the elements.
You, as the owner, are responsible for these items. Some examples are:
• dings, dents
• cuts, burns, punctures or tears
• road salt
• tree sap, bird and bee droppings
• windstorm, lightening, hail
• earthquake
• freezing, water or flood
• stone chips, scratches (some examples are on paint and glass)
• windshield stress cracks. However, limited coverage on windshield
stress cracks will be provided for the first 12 months or 12,000 miles
(which ever occurs first), even though caused by use and/or exposure
to the elements.
Maintenance/Wear
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover: (1) parts and labor
needed to maintain the vehicle; and (2) the replacement of parts due to
normal wear and tear. You, as the owner, are responsible for these items.
See your Owner’s Manual. Some examples of maintenance and normal
wear are:
• oil changes
• oils, lubricants, other fluids
• oil/air filters
• tire rotation/inflation
• cleaning/polishing
• clutch linings
• wiper blades*
• wheel alignments and tire
balancing*
• brake pad/lining*
* Ford will replace or adjust certain maintenance items when necessary,
free of charge during a limited period:
• Wiper blade replacements will be provided during the first six months
in service, regardless of miles driven.
• Wheel alignments and tire balancing will be provided during the first
12 months or 12,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first.
• Brake pad/lining replacements will be provided during the first
12 months or 18,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first.
SYNC Hands-Free Communications and Entertainment System
If your vehicle is equipped with SYNC, the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
does not cover repairs under certain conditions. Some examples include:
• Loss of personal recording media, software or data
• Failure to provide proper installation environment
• Damage caused by:
• abnormal use such as insertion of foreign objects, fluid spillage
• unauthorized modification to alter functionality or capability
• computer or internet viruses, bugs, worms, Trojan Horses, cancelbots
• installation of unauthorized software, peripherals and attachments
• unauthorized, unapproved and/or incompatible repairs, upgrades and
modification
• the defective function of your cellular phone or digital media device
(i.e., inadequate signal reception by the external antenna, viruses or
other software problems)
Tire Wear or Damage
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover normal wear or worn
out tires. Tires will not be replaced (unless required by a warranty
repair) for wear or damage including:
• tire damage from road hazard such as cuts, snags, bruises, bulges,
puncture, and impact breaks
• tire damage due to under or over inflation, tire chain use, racing,
spinning (as when stuck in snow or mud), improper mounting or
dismounting, or tire repair
Other Items or Conditions Not Covered
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover:
• vehicles that have had the odometer disconnected, altered, or
inoperative for an extended period of time with the result that the
actual mileage cannot be determined
• vehicles that have ever been labeled or branded as dismantled, fire,
flood, junk, rebuilt, reconstructed, or salvaged; this will void the New
Vehicle Limited Warranty
• vehicles that have been determined to be a total loss by an insurance
company; this will void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
• converted ambulances that are not equipped with the Ford Ambulance
Prep Package, see important information about ambulance conversions
(page 34)
• Aftermarket parts or components, sometimes installed by Ford Motor
Company or an authorized Ford dealership, may not be covered by the
New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Any damage caused to Ford
components due to the failure of aftermarket parts (other than a
certified emissions part) is not covered.

Source.
https://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/2013Warranty.pdf

bergermaister
09-18-2015, 01:23 AM
That lift and bigger tires probably hurts resale more than it helps it. I know I wouldn't buy a used truck with a lift and oversized tires. Heck I wouldn't even buy a new truck like that.

C'mon David, you're starting to sound like my dad now... :confused:

Up here in the rugged NW a lift and tires jacks up the price as much as it does the truck. My insurance agent said that trucks in the PNW hold their value better than anywhere else in the US.

mmandley
09-18-2015, 01:40 AM
C'mon David, you're starting to sound like my dad now... :confused:

Up here in the rugged NW a lift and tires jacks up the price as much as it does the truck. My insurance agent said that trucks in the PNW hold their value better than anywhere else in the US.

I do believe this man, no were have I seen trucks prices cost more LOL.

rdlangston13
09-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Hey I am a big fan of everyone jacking up their trucks and adding big tires right now. Burn some oil, we are hurting down here!

BensonWdby
09-18-2015, 07:43 AM

Sent from my iPhone

What David said - Any vehicle whether modified by dealer or owner, that has the appearance of suitable for extreme use is suspect of having been used to the extreme. Nothing wrong with doing the mods and using it to the extreme - but personally - I would never want a used one that could have been through the ringer. But at the same time - the market for those kind of vehicles is probably people who expect to have-to/want-to work on their vehicles regularly. As long as there are enough of them and enough people who don't realize that the vehicle may have been driven hard - the market will probably carry the price - because they look pretty cool. No surprise that the market for them is high in the Southeast.

Same thing with a ski-school boat - I would never own one. I have been in plenty - they get 'rode hard and put away wet'. And when buying a used slalom boat - have a discussion with the owner about how much ballast he normally has to use for wakeboarding and surfing. If he has a quick answer - if it has more than a couple hundred hours on it - avoid that boat.

sandm
09-18-2015, 08:34 AM
my experience has been in modding cars since the late 90's, some dealers will help you out and some dealers will not. all depends on the extent of the mods for that particular dealer. they bill the manuf. for the warranty work. feels like some dealers are prepared to take the hit if ford declines the work based on mods and for some dealers, it's not worth the added headache if it's declined. seems that it's more related to how busy the dealership is.

last mitsu evo that I owned. they told me that as long as you didn't touch the internals of the engine, they didn't care what you did. car was stock at 276hp. mine at the time had 3k on the clock and had dyno'ed at 362hp at the wheels. they did some driveline work on it. now dealer 50 miles away wouldn't touch the car.

Mike's point above on oil coolers. would not be surprised to see internal communication from ford for dealers to refuse oil coolers as they knew it was an issue and if enough get fixed, they could be forced into a recall. modded parts would be how a dealer would weasel out.
interpretation of magnuson-moss that I was taught when at circ city was that it will protect consumers when something breaks under warranty and other than oem parts were used, however oem's can void the warranty if the replaced part is not a "direct fit" replacement. a 6" suspension lift is not a "direct fit" replacement for the stock. 35" wheels, if not offered from the factory are not a "direct fit" replacement for 33's.

BamaMojo
09-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Might take a read through this.

WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED
WARRANTY?
Damage Caused By:
• accidents, collision or objects striking the vehicle (including driving
through a car wash)
• theft, vandalism, or riot
• fire or explosion
• using contaminated or improper fuel/fluids
• customer-applied chemicals or accidental spills
• driving through water deep enough to cause water to be ingested into
the engine
• misuse of the vehicle, such a driving over curbs, overloading, racing or
using the vehicle as a permanent stationary power source
Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
• alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis,
or components, after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor
Company
• tampering with the vehicle, tampering with the emissions systems or
with the other parts that affect these systems (for example, but not
limited to exhaust and intake systems)
• the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part (other than
a certified emissions part) or any part (Ford or non-Ford) designed
for off-road use only installed after the vehicle leaves the control of
Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part
to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized
tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting
systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components or
software and performance ‘‘chips’’
Damage Caused by Use and/or the Environment
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover surface rust,
deterioration and damage of paint, trim, upholstery, and other
appearance items that result from use and/or exposure to the elements.
You, as the owner, are responsible for these items. Some examples are:
• dings, dents
• cuts, burns, punctures or tears
• road salt
• tree sap, bird and bee droppings
• windstorm, lightening, hail
• earthquake
• freezing, water or flood
• stone chips, scratches (some examples are on paint and glass)
• windshield stress cracks. However, limited coverage on windshield
stress cracks will be provided for the first 12 months or 12,000 miles
(which ever occurs first), even though caused by use and/or exposure
to the elements.
Maintenance/Wear
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover: (1) parts and labor
needed to maintain the vehicle; and (2) the replacement of parts due to
normal wear and tear. You, as the owner, are responsible for these items.
See your Owner’s Manual. Some examples of maintenance and normal
wear are:
• oil changes
• oils, lubricants, other fluids
• oil/air filters
• tire rotation/inflation
• cleaning/polishing
• clutch linings
• wiper blades*
• wheel alignments and tire
balancing*
• brake pad/lining*
* Ford will replace or adjust certain maintenance items when necessary,
free of charge during a limited period:
• Wiper blade replacements will be provided during the first six months
in service, regardless of miles driven.
• Wheel alignments and tire balancing will be provided during the first
12 months or 12,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first.
• Brake pad/lining replacements will be provided during the first
12 months or 18,000 miles in service, whichever occurs first.
SYNC Hands-Free Communications and Entertainment System
If your vehicle is equipped with SYNC, the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
does not cover repairs under certain conditions. Some examples include:
• Loss of personal recording media, software or data
• Failure to provide proper installation environment
• Damage caused by:
• abnormal use such as insertion of foreign objects, fluid spillage
• unauthorized modification to alter functionality or capability
• computer or internet viruses, bugs, worms, Trojan Horses, cancelbots
• installation of unauthorized software, peripherals and attachments
• unauthorized, unapproved and/or incompatible repairs, upgrades and
modification
• the defective function of your cellular phone or digital media device
(i.e., inadequate signal reception by the external antenna, viruses or
other software problems)
Tire Wear or Damage
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover normal wear or worn
out tires. Tires will not be replaced (unless required by a warranty
repair) for wear or damage including:
• tire damage from road hazard such as cuts, snags, bruises, bulges,
puncture, and impact breaks
• tire damage due to under or over inflation, tire chain use, racing,
spinning (as when stuck in snow or mud), improper mounting or
dismounting, or tire repair
Other Items or Conditions Not Covered
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover:
• vehicles that have had the odometer disconnected, altered, or
inoperative for an extended period of time with the result that the
actual mileage cannot be determined
• vehicles that have ever been labeled or branded as dismantled, fire,
flood, junk, rebuilt, reconstructed, or salvaged; this will void the New
Vehicle Limited Warranty
• vehicles that have been determined to be a total loss by an insurance
company; this will void the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
• converted ambulances that are not equipped with the Ford Ambulance
Prep Package, see important information about ambulance conversions
(page 34)
• Aftermarket parts or components, sometimes installed by Ford Motor
Company or an authorized Ford dealership, may not be covered by the
New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Any damage caused to Ford
components due to the failure of aftermarket parts (other than a
certified emissions part) is not covered.

Source.
https://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/2013Warranty.pdf

All true. I am an Executive manager at a Ford dealer and can tell you that warranty work cannot be declined by a dealer. It really comes down to customer service. Only rare cases ( major engine repairs, replacement ) does the manufacturer send out an inspector to investigate root cause for warranty approval. If the dealer is focused on customer service then warranty work is not an issue as long as the warranty item failure is not caused by the mod. Guys, it's all about perspective and how much the dealer cares for its owners. We have very few warranty declines because we care for our customers. I have made many calls to Dearborn and ask for exceptions to help a customer and have NEVER been told no. Just sayin...
We are a VERY supportive Ford dealer that cares for our customers and Ford. I believe this also makes a BIG difference.

moombadaze
09-18-2015, 10:18 AM
deal with this stuff a lot myself. 99% of the time we work with the customer as long as the part being sent back is good to go as far as Honda not kicking it back on us, that 1% is the customer coming in demanding it be covered, never doing business with us and giving us the wrong attitude. That does not workout to good.

btw, a fan of lifted trucks myself, just not sure about buying a used one

trayson
09-18-2015, 11:28 AM
What David said - Any vehicle whether modified by dealer or owner, that has the appearance of suitable for extreme use is suspect of having been used to the extreme.

Suspect is the key word.

Someone that's looking to buy my Jeep with about 6" of lift and 35" tires should very well be suspect that it was wheeled. In fact, the fact that I have skid plates basically across the whole bottom of the jeep with many, many, many scrapes and gouges might be a hint. The "4x4 pinstriping" might be another hint. Or a few dents in the A-pillar. But I'll be flat out honest and tell people that yeah, I've done the Rubicon Trail. I've done Fordyce Creek. I've been to Moab and done Hells Revenge, Pritchett Canyon, and even some stuff on Hell's Revenge in BFE. Not for the faint of heart.

In Contrast, my wife's truck "might" have been used offroad. But it very well could have been a pavement princess. While the Jeep is a big bright flashing "rock crawler" sign, the F150 was in fantastic shape and had no evidence to confirm suspicions. We bought it from a fellow Skier's Choice friend and felt pretty great about the whole thing.

Seeing a Jeep that's built like mine (Lockers, full cage, real beadlocks, tons of skidplates, etc), One would be hard pressed to try to convince someone that it wasn't built AND USED for wheelin'. However, I'd say the majority of the lifted trucks driving around probably see little more than snow or a gravel road. We've had this discussion before about how people lift their tow rigs for aesthetics and they don't take 'em out mud boggin... (well, unless you're Berg. Then you beat the living shiz out of your truck after saying, "here, hold my beer").

trayson
09-18-2015, 11:31 AM
that 1% is the customer coming in demanding it be covered, never doing business with us and giving us the wrong attitude.

Maybe that's it! Maybe Mandley's a 1%er! LOLOLOL! ;-P

Is that it Mike? Are you "That Guy" when you drive into the dealer??? hehehe

moombadaze
09-18-2015, 11:48 AM
kinda think most 6" lifted 1/2 tons are 90% pavement used. Of all the lifted trucks we take in on trade its pretty easy to spot the others-one look under some and i'm amazed were even able to drive in to trade it in.

zabooda
09-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Suspect is the key word.

Someone that's looking to buy my Jeep with about 6" of lift and 35" tires should very well be suspect that it was wheeled. In fact, the fact that I have skid plates basically across the whole bottom of the jeep with many, many, many scrapes and gouges might be a hint. The "4x4 pinstriping" might be another hint. Or a few dents in the A-pillar. But I'll be flat out honest and tell people that yeah, I've done the Rubicon Trail. I've done Fordyce Creek. I've been to Moab and done Hells Revenge, Pritchett Canyon, and even some stuff on Hell's Revenge in BFE. Not for the faint of heart.

In Contrast, my wife's truck "might" have been used offroad. But it very well could have been a pavement princess. While the Jeep is a big bright flashing "rock crawler" sign, the F150 was in fantastic shape and had no evidence to confirm suspicions. We bought it from a fellow Skier's Choice friend and felt pretty great about the whole thing.

Seeing a Jeep that's built like mine (Lockers, full cage, real beadlocks, tons of skidplates, etc), One would be hard pressed to try to convince someone that it wasn't built AND USED for wheelin'. However, I'd say the majority of the lifted trucks driving around probably see little more than snow or a gravel road. We've had this discussion before about how people lift their tow rigs for aesthetics and they don't take 'em out mud boggin... (well, unless you're Berg. Then you beat the living shiz out of your truck after saying, "here, hold my beer").

I think anymore the Wranglers are used almost on road including the Rubicons that I see out there. They look nice but they are never used for what they were meant to be used for. That is why Jeep is pondering going to a car chassis to get better gas mileage for those roady's out there. I too earned my Kokapelli. Since those pictures I got rid of the "fall off" fenders and went to flat screw on fenders. Just yesterday, I sold my 35s as I got a great deal on new Rubicon wheels and tires that will do Moab just fine and go from 12 miles to the gallon back to 19 miles per gallon. My friend in 2011 bought a Wrangler with a factory lifetime warranty and he is limited to what he can do because of the warranty for the life of the vehicle. I go to Moab every two years and now I have a street licensed (Idaho) side by side that will replace my Jeep on the trails so you can say the Jeep is in semi-retirement. We rolled the RZR over labor day weekend so it is now broke in and ready for Moab. ha ha.

I built my Jeep from the basic model as I am particular to the components I use. I don't like to buy anything modified as you're never sure of what you are getting.

moombadaze
09-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Zabooda---great looking jeep, little lift and bigger tires, money in my book

mmandley
09-18-2015, 07:51 PM
Maybe that's it! Maybe Mandley's a 1%er! LOLOLOL! ;-P

Is that it Mike? Are you "That Guy" when you drive into the dealer??? hehehe

Lol got my number on that one.

No seriously when I was younger in my 20s yea I was that guy, I know my Pontiac dealer hated when my trans am pulled up.

I'm so fare removed from that now.

When the Mojo has a warranty issue I take pictures, email AWS then call and tell them I'll see them end of the Sumner. As long as it's not critical right now it's no rush.

On the Ram I have this white water mark on the back seat when I bought the truck, they ordered a new seat cover, I still haven't gone in for it. I'm just waiting until I need something else or a regular service.

I am by no means saying dealers won't warranty things on a modified truck, just pointing out it's in black and white with the trucks documentation now and I have really noticed a lot of warranties not really covering much of anything.

On my F150 every time I hooked the boat up the gas gauge would read empty until I disconnecting the boat one or two times. It would do it launching and loading as well. Pretty annoying, 4x I took the truck in so they could say it's my trailer causing the problem. Finally I took the truck to them and told them this is the 5th time for the same problem. I would take the truck there each time with the gauge not working, CEL and all my fuel data on the dash computer had --- displayed.

Finally they fixed it, main harness was rubbing the E-brake everytime I engaged it. Just waiting to fully short and cause who knows what damage.

The point, every time that truck went in I was very polite, I did everything they asked, I must have hooked 10 different trailers up to show the problem. Every time it was my fault, my trailer, until they found the real problem. Once they fixed it they didn't even apologize. They acted like they were super mechanics, then I mentioned how many times, days, and inconvenience they caused me. Not even a sorry Mr Mandley.

Those that knew Claudia knew how much of a sweet heart she is, she was ready to go Chola on them and I was the one saying no, no point in pushing it, just keep taking it in, keep getting premium rental so they are paying for it lol

moombadaze
09-19-2015, 09:37 AM
saw a add for a 25' Malibu and a 25' centurion, will this be the upper end or will it allways be a case of oneup on another.
I know MC has some yacht of a boat now and did the x80 with twin motors, but damm these things are getting BIG

JoelFett
09-19-2015, 07:05 PM
I saw a 25 LSV fresh out of the wrapper a few weeks ago at the dealer. Thing is huge! A bit excessive if you ask me, but to each their own. Same breath though, my buddy has a G25 Coastal. Sheesh... Overkill is an understatement.

trayson
09-19-2015, 09:41 PM
I saw a 25 LSV fresh out of the wrapper a few weeks ago at the dealer. Thing is huge! A bit excessive if you ask me, but to each their own. Same breath though, my buddy has a G25 Coastal. Sheesh... Overkill is an understatement.

The G25 coastal is WOW. I got to ride in and behind one of those and it was nuts. That's living the dream for sure. I guess if you don't have a budget, why not.

(amazing that we got this thread back on track)

mmandley
09-20-2015, 12:25 AM
I don't think it went to fare off topic really, post 10 is where it started talking about Trucks instead of boats but even then its still quasi on topic.

moombadaze
09-20-2015, 07:34 PM
bigger boat, bigger truck, or modifying the current truck for better tow duty, again, where does it end?

bergermaister
09-20-2015, 07:46 PM
Probably about the time fuel jumps up to $5 a gallon...

Jceclipse01
09-20-2015, 08:07 PM
Probably about the time fuel jumps up to $5 a gallon...

the best answer in whole thread