PDA

View Full Version : Ordering a 2016 Supra SC

SC16
09-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Hi All! I'm new to Supra and Moomba forums. I read somewhere that the Supra forum is mostly for the classic boats and most of the newer Supra owners hang out around here. Anyway, I am planning to order a 2016 Supra SC and would love to get some honest opinions on the gel coat scheme. I'm not the type that likes to go blacked out. Here are some options I've came up with. I will be ordering with Swell 2.0, Heater, Clamping Board Racks, Sub, JL Tower Speakers, etc... any other options I definitely need to get? I love the clean look of the white deck color, but the black will probably hide grime better between deep cleans right?

mmandley
09-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Welcome.

Black on a boat is the same as black on a car, it shows everything.

Bright colors hide grime the best.

If you plan to keep her in the water a lot check into SC warranty on the hull. They have stipulations on boats that stay in the water vs on the trailers.

I'm not positive but I heard the hull warranty will be void if it's stored as a floating boat vs lift our trailer.

I prefer light colored bottom hull due to I trailer and I hate seeing the scuffs from the bunks.

BamaMojo
09-03-2015, 08:15 PM
Hi All! I'm new to Supra and Moomba forums. I read somewhere that the Supra forum is mostly for the classic boats and most of the newer Supra owners hang out around here. Anyway, I am planning to order a 2016 Supra SC and would love to get some honest opinions on the gel coat scheme. I'm not the type that likes to go blacked out. Here are some options I've came up with. I will be ordering with Swell 2.0, Heater, Clamping Board Racks, Sub, JL Tower Speakers, etc... any other options I definitely need to get? I love the clean look of the white deck color, but the black will probably hide grime better between deep cleans right?

I would hit #2 with rear accent of silver or gunmetal flake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SC16
09-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Welcome.

Black on a boat is the same as black on a car, it shows everything.

Bright colors hide grime the best.

If you plan to keep her in the water a lot check into SC warranty on the hull. They have stipulations on boats that stay in the water vs on the trailers.

I'm not positive but I heard the hull warranty will be void if it's stored as a floating boat vs lift our trailer.

I prefer light colored bottom hull due to I trailer and I hate seeing the scuffs from the bunks.

It will be trailered always and wiped down after every use (I'm OCD). I agree on the white bottom because I hate seeing the scuff from the bunks too! Glad I'm not the only one.

mmandley
09-03-2015, 11:29 PM
It will be trailered always and wiped down after every use (I'm OCD). I agree on the white bottom because I hate seeing the scuff from the bunks too! Glad I'm not the only one.

If you plan to wipe it down after each use <as I do mine> you will still find small water spots that form over the summer, just not as bad. All depends on the mineral content of your water.

I have the charcoal grey with white strips and I love the color, its dark enough to really pop on the water yet not black so its not back breaking to keep clean. I still get water spots over the summer even though I clean it after every use.

I also like white but its just so bright I feel its a better accent color then main color.

yz 2smoke
09-04-2015, 12:07 AM
Go with the kono liner instead of carpet. It feels great on your feet, drys fast, and won't get a beat down path like carpet will. Just make sure you take the main piece out when towing with out a cover. I almost lost that section the first time I towed mine.

I like the first and second color schemes you picked. I can't tell from my phone if the blue is metal flake or not. I wasn't sure if I would liked the flake until I saw it in person. I like even more when it's on the water. When the boat is in the shade it just looks like normal gel but when the sun shines on it it pops big time. I have a black hull and hate it when it's on the trailer and I see the scuffs from the bunks. I don't have the problem mike does with the water spots. Lanier must not be as mineral rich as his water.

wolfeman131
09-04-2015, 12:19 AM
I'm not sure the kona is available in 2016. X

newty
09-04-2015, 01:26 AM
I like 3. Looks clean.

moombadaze
09-04-2015, 07:09 AM
#1 or #2 gets my vote

smorris7
09-04-2015, 07:14 AM
I'm with Newty. # 3 gets my vote. Very classic.

Mobius22
09-04-2015, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure the kona is available in 2016. X

I think it's something similar just a different pattern or something and not named Kono.

#2 gets my vote!

Jason05216
09-04-2015, 09:16 AM
I like #3 Looks a lot like my LSV.

SC16
09-04-2015, 09:23 AM
Go with the kono liner instead of carpet. It feels great on your feet, drys fast, and won't get a beat down path like carpet will. Just make sure you take the main piece out when towing with out a cover. I almost lost that section the first time I towed mine.

I like the first and second color schemes you picked. I can't tell from my phone if the blue is metal flake or not. I wasn't sure if I would liked the flake until I saw it in person. I like even more when it's on the water. When the boat is in the shade it just looks like normal gel but when the sun shines on it it pops big time. I have a black hull and hate it when it's on the trailer and I see the scuffs from the bunks. I don't have the problem mike does with the water spots. Lanier must not be as mineral rich as his water.

Thanks for your input. Both the black and blue options are metal flake. I agree, I've seen both in person and the blue is gorgeous. I have a dark colored boat now and I don't have a problem with water spots either.

SC16
09-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Lets just say I go with option #3.... do you guys like the white tower or stick with the black?

Mobius22
09-04-2015, 09:52 AM
White, in my opinion. Then maybe go a little more blue on the interior accents. Have you picked any of your interior colors yet?

smorris7
09-04-2015, 09:53 AM
White! Man that looks great.

JoelFett
09-04-2015, 10:06 AM
I like the look of the white tower with the white hull/ accents. My LSV has the white tower and I wouldn't change a thing about it, except for the white at the waterline. Trailer or not, that gets grimy over time unless you keep a good wax on it and scrub it down after 3-4 times on the water. Use a good hull cleaner and once a year take it to a shop that can lift it for you so you can scrub where the bunks are. I had to do it with the old boat, and I'm sure it's gonna be the same with this one as I can already see the water starting to stain it. (FYI, I keep mine in the water on weekends only, fri-sun, so that may make a difference as to water stains)

89PROSTAR
09-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Okay, since I have a black boat I must chime in....I like the black. Yes it's hard to keep clean, it's a full time job. When it's clean and shiny there is nothing better. If you take a little time and care it's really not bad. The white bottom is nice, it hides scratches.

Black is always in style..

wolfeman131
09-04-2015, 10:21 AM
I think it's something similar just a different pattern or something and not named Kono.

somebody probably needs to get that as on option on the colorizer. all that is available now for selection are the 3 carpet colors and seadek.

Mobius22
09-04-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm sure they'll update it soon

patrick232
09-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Lets just say I go with option #3.... do you guys like the white tower or stick with the black?

I agree # 3 with the White tower.

moombadaze
09-04-2015, 11:19 AM
white tower

BamaMojo
09-04-2015, 11:51 AM
White! Man that looks great.

This

Jason05216
09-04-2015, 11:53 AM
I like the white

SC16
09-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Thanks for all the feedback! Now on to interior.... I'm sort of a plain guy... must the accent color match the blue flake on the exterior? Here is the final boat exterior with two options for interior.

07STI
09-04-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm partial to the interior having some of the exterior mixed in, so I vote for the second interior pic. But ultimately, you need to be happy with what you're buying.

viking
09-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Agreed. I also like a colored piping to tie everything together. Always prefer a neutral main like white or light gray with a color accent.

tater
09-07-2015, 05:31 PM

SC needs to step up and offer an all white tower option all of the major brands offer this and most offer more than just black and white,hell even Moomba has a white tower option what gives? When you try some classic not so bright colors the black tower just does not flow well your Blue and White boat would look alot better with a white tower and choose blue for the lower tower legs,I want to do the same thing for a new SA with an all White Boat and Pacific Blue accents and Pacific Blue hull but the black tower throws it all off,Good Luck

jelmhorst
09-08-2015, 04:40 PM
I'd go with the blue accents, it just pops more. Definitely a sharp color scheme. All good choices.

DatTexasBoy
09-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Definitely add a little blue on the inside.

Also do the white tower accents.