PDA

View Full Version : Board suggestions please

Ironcross25
09-02-2015, 04:44 PM
I finally have my wave set and know am looking to upgrade my board. Currently ride the lf fish. I'm not trying to break the bank just yet. I'm 5'9 185. Just started going ropeless so still a beginner but getting better each time. Any suggestions or input would be great. Thanks all!

kaneboats
09-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Get a TripleX plank. Look on ebay for great deals, especially moving into fall and winter. Great fun boards.

dlowe
09-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Ronix Longboard has my vote. I demoed a dozen boards (neighbor runs a pro shop) and it stood out by far. Gave me great push and was forgiving. Even the more experienced riders I have surfed with love riding it.

JoelFett
09-03-2015, 01:03 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Ronix-Koal-Longboard-Wakesurf-410-NEW-/181835271248?hash=item2a563a0c50

Not a bad price for a solid board. I rode one at Ronix Demo Day behind a SC400 and was pretty happy.

smorris7
09-03-2015, 01:41 PM
For just a little more go ahead and get a Doomswell. It will be the last board you need to buy. If you go Ronix or triple xxx (I own both) you will be looking for something better shortly. NOTHING will preform like a hand shaped custom board. NOTHING...

CamperCarl
09-03-2015, 02:04 PM
For just a little more go ahead and get a Doomswell. It will be the last board you need to buy. If you go Ronix or triple xxx (I own both) you will be looking for something better shortly. NOTHING will preform like a hand shaped custom board. NOTHING...

I would second this as well. I went from a Broadcast, to TripleX (Slayer), to a Doomswell Neo and the step up in performance was noticable in each case. The Doomswell is just incredible.

patrick232
09-03-2015, 03:56 PM
I would second this as well. I went from a Broadcast, to TripleX (Slayer), to a Doomswell Neo and the step up in performance was noticable in each case. The Doomswell is just incredible.

Have you sold the Triple X ( slayer)

Ironcross25
09-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Thanks all. I was hoping to get a new wakeboard this offseason but I seem to be surfing a lot more these days. Less beating on the body as I get older. I'm 35 but do my action sports as if I were still in my 20's and I just don't recover like I used to.lol. I'll give doomswell a Hollar!

Fastest1
09-04-2015, 09:47 AM
If you think you are getting a beating at 35, wait til you are in your 50's or older. Recovery? What the hell is that?
Maybe that is the momentary relief from eating 2-3x the hydrocodone prescription advises. Even epidurals don't work.

CamperCarl
09-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Have you sold the Triple X ( slayer)

No. I still have the Triple X. It is now the board everyone else uses. I still use it every now and then. It is still a great board and I like the 5 fin setup. I was just so impressed with the Doomswell.

Ironcross25
09-09-2015, 06:03 PM
looks like I'm just gonna pull the trigger on a doomswell. jumping from the lf fish what differences will i see right away? just want to see what Im looking forward too

wolfeman131
09-09-2015, 06:26 PM
You're going from a VW bug to a 911. Might find it tough at first, but give it a few rides and you will never buy a wakeboard brand surfboard again.

WhiskeyRunner
09-09-2015, 09:01 PM
looks like I'm just gonna pull the trigger on a doomswell. jumping from the lf fish what differences will i see right away? just want to see what Im looking forward too

You won't be disappointed, but to Wolfman's point, you have to learn a new style of surfing and you'll be better for it. I got mine last weekend and took me a day to realize I could do a lot more and how to gain confidence. The second day I was popping air and having a blast. I recommend going for a custom board, you'll love the extra touch and appreciation Brock and the team put into it. Here's the one I just did:

https://instagram.com/p/7Smz-Ty06l/?taken-by=doomswell

parrothd
09-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Wow.. That has a lot of fins.. I've never been on a surf style board yet, only skim..

Derrick
09-09-2015, 09:54 PM
The whiskey barrel board is the coolest board I've seen. Very nice touch.

jmvotto
09-09-2015, 10:57 PM
You won't be disappointed, but to Wolfman's point, you have to learn a new style of surfing and you'll be better for it. I got mine last weekend and took me a day to realize I could do a lot more and how to gain confidence. The second day I was popping air and having a blast. I recommend going for a custom board, you'll love the extra touch and appreciation Brock and the team put into it. Here's the one I just did:

I echo this as well, soulcraft has great boards as well.

WhiskeyRunner
09-10-2015, 07:50 AM
The whiskey barrel board is the coolest board I've seen. Very nice touch.
Derrick, et al- I'm happy to share the graphic to anyone that wants to re-use it and make their own whiskey barrel board. My brother in law actually designed it for me and I have all the pics. Feel free to pm me if you want them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ironcross25
09-15-2015, 06:22 PM
im torn between nubstep and neo. talked with them today and narrowed it to those. thoughts?

WhiskeyRunner
09-15-2015, 08:41 PM
I can't speak intelligently to the comparisons, I've only ridden the nubstep. Brock at Doomswell did a great job asking me about my surfing and making the decision, so that's how I decided. Are you doing a custom board? if so, what graphic are you doing?

trayson
09-15-2015, 08:58 PM

You're going to find out that the Doomswell is faster and more buoyant. you'll be able to kick out the tail easily and still recover. The boards like to be ridden with long fluid motions rather than erratic movements.

im torn between nubstep and neo. talked with them today and narrowed it to those. thoughts?

I've only ridden the Drone and my Nubstep. I went back and forth a little between the two. I know the Neo is really popular too. Honestly you probably can't go wrong.

costanza
09-16-2015, 08:20 AM

Sweet looking board! What size did you get? Also, what size rider are you? I'm also now looking at getting one, but want to make sure I get right sizing... I keep buying boards for my wife and I to share and it NEVER works out well for me! Time to each get our own board...

Ironcross25
09-16-2015, 11:40 AM
I can't speak intelligently to the comparisons, I've only ridden the nubstep. Brock at Doomswell did a great job asking me about my surfing and making the decision, so that's how I decided. Are you doing a custom board? if so, what graphic are you doing?

I am doing custom But not sure yet on the graphic.

Kstalvey
11-10-2015, 07:41 PM

I couldn't open the pic of the whisky board. can you emailit to me or text? how much was the board?