PDA

View Full Version : moomba question

wannabe
06-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I have not yet purchased a tournament ski boat but I have narrowed my search down to the Moomba. Kinda my personality...meat and taters...no frilly stuff. Any way, I have a couple of questions.
!) I saw a 98 Outback for sale. Looks like a nice boat. How is the wake on the '98? Can any one out there comment on this? I would appreciate it.
2) I also saw a 97 Malibu for sale for just a couple grand more than the Outback. Considering the Malibu sells for at least twice as much as the Outback brand spankin' new, can it be said that the Outback holds its value better than a Malibu? Ain't that a hoot.
Thanks
Jeff

Buttafewcoe
06-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Your questions has been answered in other posts, but in summary:
1) Outback hull designed for skiing. Means fairly flat wake @ skiing speeds. However, @ wakeboarding speeds, the wake is o.k. Throw in some ballast, a few of your fav ppl, and a cooler of Bud, it gets even better
2) Funny how that works, ain't it?
Hope this helps
B

zabooda
06-19-2006, 02:14 AM
I've got a 98 Mobius and all I do is ski and I would say the wake is OK. The wake is larger than on the shorter ski boats but for my family comfort and the level of skiing I do it works well. The wakeboard buddies like the wake even without the sacs. It is a fun boat and the resale is the same that I paid for it four years ago. I like the metalflake but I heard that any repairs to it is tough to do. Good luck.